Timeline for applying for 3-year HSPS scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nm825

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I wanted to get the HSPS scholarship after my first year for the remaining three years, when should I apply for it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How competitive is the application process? Will I have a good chance with 3.65 GPA, 35 MCAT?

How competitive is the application process? Will I have a good chance with 3.65 GPA, 35 MCAT?

Your numbers are good for HPSP. I think they tend to prefer 4 year applicants but that's based on anecdotal evidence.

You're basically guaranteed a scholarship with those stats.

A while ago (and I am not sure if this is still the case), the Army HPSP has an "automatic acceptance" cut-off of 3.5 and 29. So if your stats are above these numbers, then you are guaranteed the scholarship. But like I said, I am not sure if this still applies today.

I'm also considering the scholarship and I am an MS1. Is it impossible to receive the scholarship if you apply during medical school?