Timeline of applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sabbath1981

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've just started the process of taking my prerec science courses. (I graduated from college in another field) I would like to apply to Pharmacy school for the fall of 2010. But I will not be finished with all my classes until Spring 2010.

Do you think I'm being too aggressive in trying to get in for Fall 2010. I won't even have my winter 2009 or spring 2010 grades and I see many applications have to be sent in by Dec 1.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

you should be fine as long as you can fit all of the pre reqs in by spring 2010.

many pre-pharms don't have prereqs done until spring 2010. apps are submitted in the fall and updated with fall grade via the academic update in december.

any acceptances are granted assuming you finish prereqs in spring 2010 satisfactorily. hope this helps.

I've just started the process of taking my prerec science courses. (I graduated from college in another field) I would like to apply to Pharmacy school for the fall of 2010. But I will not be finished with all my classes until Spring 2010.

Do you think I'm being too aggressive in trying to get in for Fall 2010. I won't even have my winter 2009 or spring 2010 grades and I see many applications have to be sent in by Dec 1.

Thanks.

I'm in the same situation. I can have my pre reqs done by spring 2010, but not in time to take the PCAT by fall 2009, the requirement to start pharm school in the fall 2010. I wish the timing worked out better.