Timeline question for current cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bimatoprost

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey all, I have a question regarding the timeline for receiving an interview.

I have been completed at 9 OOS schools since mid-August and I have only received ONE update from one of those schools today with a rejection (Rosalind Franklin). I have not heard anything from the other 8 schools. Should I be panicking or is this expected? I have been seeing posts of people receiving interviews after being completed with their applications in September and I am not sure if they just had spectacular stats.

Below are my stats:
sGPA/cGPA: 3.72/3.77
MCAT: 32
2+ years of research experience
250+ hours of hospital volunteering
30 hours of shadowing
2 years of working experience while attending school (TA at university working 10-20hrs/week)
Leadership positions in multiple clubs
Presented research at academic symposium
First generation college graduate
Though your shadowing is a bit light, your application otherwise looks decent. Interview offers are extended into March-ish or later, depending on the school.

Are you sure you sent in the requested types of LORs or a committee letter if your school provides one? Could a LOR provided have been weak or negative?
Did you have any legal issues or Institutional Action that might put you in a different review pile?
Are you from California? Is your school list too top-heavy except for RFU?
Are your MCAT subscores seriously imbalanced?
Did you challenge yourself with a rigorous course load and challenging classes within your major?
Any unexplained gaps in your education?
Did multiple in-the-know readers approve your Personal Statement? Does the PS have undertones of entitlement?
Did Secondary essay quality match the PS?