Timing for Surgery during Dental School (Advice Appreciated)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Buccal_Up

Hello,

I am an incoming D1 and am looking into getting gyno surgery for males. It's been a serious social concern and cause for anxiety in my life for a very long time. I have been considering it for a long time and would like to get it done in the next year if possible. Reasons include, limited time as I studying for boards later, potential relationships, and confidence in talking to patients and colleagues going into clinical years. Also, scrubs are not the wooly sweaters I usually wear.

Anyways, what would the best time to do this. The issue is recovery is generally 1-2 weeks and then you have to wear a compression vest for up to 7 weeks, limited arm movement severely. thank you for your advice. If anyone happen to have the surgery let me know too!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd guess earlier the better, before practicals and more hands on stuff, especially drilling. But it really depends on your schedule. Maybe talk with your pre-clinical instructors? Best of luck !

Over Christmas break... we had 4 weeks off....some schools have more, some less, but I know a student that had wrist surgery over Christmas break and he did fine...