Timing of Practice Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Macguy86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Going through TAUS the second time is taking a lot longer than expected. It took me 2 days to cover neuro this time versus 1 day.

In my schedule, I planned to take another NBME before I start DIT.
I have not covered for the 2nd time Resp/Heme-Onc/GI/Reproductive

I am wondering if I should just hold off or take the practice test to see how much I improved? I keep feeling like I take practice tests unprepared.
I took NBME 6 3 weeks ago. I plan on taking NBME5/UW1 tomorrow.

Should I hold off and just use tomorrow to review GI/Heme-Onc for the 2nd pass before I do DIT? Or should I just take the test to see my progress?

Members don't see this ad.

Going through TAUS the second time is taking a lot longer than expected. It took me 2 days to cover neuro this time versus 1 day.

In my schedule, I planned to take another NBME before I start DIT.
I have not covered for the 2nd time Resp/Heme-Onc/GI/Reproductive

I am wondering if I should just hold off or take the practice test to see how much I improved? I keep feeling like I take practice tests unprepared.
I took NBME 6 3 weeks ago. I plan on taking NBME5/UW1 tomorrow.

Should I hold off and just use tomorrow to review GI/Heme-Onc for the 2nd pass before I do DIT? Or should I just take the test to see my progress?
If those are amongst your weakest then hold off and review those tomorrow, if you are ok in those topics then go ahead with the nbme then dit

yeah, it seems like an easy question...but after taking my first NBME i got hit with so many anatomy questions (i got 24 wrong in the first block) which lead me to a really low score. I am scoring 70-80% with subject specific 48Q in UWorld and i am scared to take another test. unlike most people a low score is NOT motivating for me...last time i had to take 2 days off because I was in shock haha