timing on acid base chapter tbr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

echoyjeff222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm running through the buffers/titration chapter and some of these passages are very difficult. I'm doing ok overall in terms of accuracy, but my timing is going up the roof (anywhere from 8-11 minutes per passage) ... is this OK for this particular section? Is it normal to go a bit over for the timing?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the level of difficulty of your particular passages rather than the topic. There are easy passages as well as hard ones on buffers and titrations. 8-11 minutes isn't unreasonable by any means for one or two of the most difficult passages on any given MCAT. You'll be able to make up that time on the easier passages with enough practice.

Same problem here, some passages i'll finish with a few extra minutes to spare..some take 10 or 12 minutes easy! At what point should a person break timing with TBR passages? Personally, I think it is good to stick with the timing 7-8 minutes no matter what, because it ingrains the timing in your head. Also, it makes you think on your feet and use alternative strategies to eliminate answers/guess. I still do know though, because some passages do seem extensive (requiring more time naturally) and i would have liked to work through them...