Tips for 2015-2016: I charted every interview invite over the last 2 years. Here is the result

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

He2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I went through the SDN interview threads and made graphs for every interview invite to visualize the interview season.

The post can be found here:

In general, here are the stats for 2014-2015 (this past season)

Figure-3.png

Here it is for 2013-2014:
Figure1.png

For those that had >10 interviews in the 2013-2014 cycle, here is when the interviews are dispersed:
Figure5.png

For users who had >10 interviews in the most recent cycle, here is when the interviews are dispersed:
figure7.png

I'm going to post the heat map for interview dates as well to get a better idea of when they actually happen for everyone applying in the 2015-2016 cycle as well

Also, shameless plug: I made an aggregator to help me keep up to date on the latest in EM chatter. Here is is:

Emtriage.com

Its ugly, but it works well for me, and hopefully it works well for you too!
Any feedback would be appreciated, and I'll modify it so it can help you stay up on the metagame of EM. Good luck on match everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I appreciate you putting this together, you did a great job; however, I think this will just cause unneeded anxiety. I had 18 interview offers, 10 of which came after the final date listed on your first graph, and several of my classmates had similar experiences. Data gleaned off SDN selects for those that are willing to put forth their scores and interview invites (meaning more competitive applicants).

Its nice to see when residencies are sending out the bulk of their invites, but I think its important to note for future applicants reading this, interviews will continue to be given out (all the way up to the end of Jan for me) as people cancel interviews. Just because you are under your target number of interview on Oct. 23rd doesn't mean you aren't matching.

I completely agree, and thanks for bringing that up. SDN will self select for people who have >10 interviews within a short amount of time, since the thread dies really quickly as people start going on interviews. I'm putting together a heat map as well that will show that, and its much less prone to that issue. This is just part one. Hopefully this will be useful!

If there is anything you want to see in particular, I can have that put together as well

Members don't see this ad :)
How is this news that most interviews come early-mid October? Honestly seems like a collosal waste of time, but congrats I guess?

Reactions: 1 user
Weird. I seem to remember getting most of my interviews much later. I was invited to interview at 28/30 programs I applied to. I'm pretty sure at least half of them came in November and December. But it's been a long time.

Weird. I seem to remember getting most of my interviews much later. I was invited to interview at 28/30 programs I applied to. I'm pretty sure at least half of them came in November and December. But it's been a long time.

I heard on the trail that, recently, they moved the SLOR date to be in by Oct 15th, when it was previously in November.