Tips for finding pharmacy positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GasAllDay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My brother is a pharmacist in retail but he is trying to find a different position. Unfortunately, he has been a bit unsuccessful. I was wondering if anyone on this thread has any websites they recommend searching for pharmacy positions, preferably hospital/clinic-based. In large metropolitan areas in MI, WI, IL, or IN. Also, (this is my naïveté speaking) are these positions typically open more so to those who haven't done a pharmacy residency?

Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated. I just want to be able to help out my brother.

Members don't see this ad.

How old is your brother and how long has he worked in retail environment for? Typically it is hard to get out of it, after several years working in it.

I'd encourage him to apply to every single hospital within 1-2 hours radius.

Hi Everyone!! My husband moved to GA..been away from him for 5 months already. I got licensed in GA end of June. I am currently working in a different state. Is there any chance I would be able to find a pharmacist job in GA? I know it is very saturated. I am going onto my 3rd year of being a pharmacist and starting year 2-ish I became a pharmacy manager. Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone want to network with me? I would really appreciate it. I am starting to feel hopeless.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone!! My husband moved to GA..been away from him for 5 months already. I got licensed in GA end of June. I am currently working in a different state. Is there any chance I would be able to find a pharmacist job in GA? I know it is very saturated. I am going onto my 3rd year of being a pharmacist and starting year 2-ish I became a pharmacy manager. Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone want to network with me? I would really appreciate it. I am starting to feel hopeless.

Do you work for a hospital/chain/other? Have you even sent out any applications? Does your current company have a presence in GA where you could be internally transferred?

Do you work for a hospital/chain/other? Have you even sent out any applications? Does your current company have a presence in GA where you could be internally transferred?
I work for a chain. I tried transferring internally, but there is a long wait list....... I have sent out applications. Haven't heard back from a lot of places. A couple of No answers and 1 interview. Any suggestions? I wonder if it's because I am out of state and they want to hire someone already in the state? GA is saturated. I really don't know.

I work for a chain. I tried transferring internally, but there is a long wait list....... I have sent out applications. Haven't heard back from a lot of places. A couple of No answers and 1 interview. Any suggestions? I wonder if it's because I am out of state and they want to hire someone already in the state? GA is saturated. I really don't know.

Have you gotten a GA pharmacist license yet? No one will look at you until you do.

How old is your brother and how long has he worked in retail environment for? Typically it is hard to get out of it, after several years working in it.

I'd encourage him to apply to every single hospital within 1-2 hours radius.

Thanks for replying. He is in his mid 30s, he has been in retail for about 6 years now.
Is looking at pharm residencies worth it?