tips/guidance on how to prep for the new MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldstock

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some tips and guidance on how to prep for the new MCAT? What prep courses/materials that you would recommend? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

No one here is really going to be able to answer your question because no one has taken it. I think the best course of action would be to get access to some official material from the AAMC and, unfortunately, hitch a ride on test prep organizations that are getting some of that inside information.

I didn't think Kaplan was necessarily as mentally engaging for me as it ought to have been, but they had some pretty good insight into the exam that I thought helped me. They also have some bad advice, but not outside of reason that you can't figure out it doesn't work for you (e.g. they wanted us to 'map' passages, which I didn't have time for so I simply read them).

Reactions: 1 users
I did notice that Examkrackers has released a set of prep books for the new MCAT, and I believe their prep materials have a fairly good reputation on here.

I think it'll be interesting to see how people do on it for the first year or two, given that it seems like there won't be as many practice AAMC exams available for people studying for it, which sucks. It seems likely that people are going to have to do a lot of content review and practice exams with prep companies' materials before finally taking the 1-2 AAMC practice exams that'll likely be available.

Reactions: 1 user