Title of your memoirs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2Pints

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had the chance to help conduct an interview yesterday for a new position at my current workplace. The majority of the interview was pretty straightforward but my boss wanted some more insight into the applicants' personalities. We prepared a few seemingly random questions. Mine was, "What would you title your memoirs?" I really enjoyed some of the responses that ensued from observing how the applicant handled the question to the actual title. Wanted to throw the question out here.

My title would be "Tells chemistry jokes periodically".

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Why would I have memoirs? I'm not a lonely english poet with a drinking problem.

Regardless, I'd entitle it with a homage to Carl Sagan: maybe "My Corner of the Pale Blue Dot".

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why would I have memoirs? I'm not a lonely english poet with a drinking problem.

Regardless, I'd entitle it with a homage to Carl Sagan: maybe "My Corner of the Pale Blue Dot".

Wait? What? Only english poets with drinking problems write memoirs?! Learn something new every single day.

It's more just for fun. Although one of the applicants told us she would think about her title and get back. She included it in her thank you note that was sent this morning. Color me impressed. Not the sole reason we will end up hiring her but it was a very nice touch.

"Not Where I Intended to Be"

Reactions: 1 users
"Hello, World!: The Story of a Coder-Turned-Doctor"

The Real-Life True Story of Someone A Lot Smarter Than You

Why Is My Tea Cold?

Reactions: 1 user