Tju vs ndm vs pcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackblack12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone!
i am still trying to choose school after I got accepted to TJU.
TJU VS NDM VS PCOM
Which school should I go to?

TJU- Thomas Jefferson University
NDM - Notre Dame Maryland
PCOM - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine

I am pretty sure yall had experience choosing schools.

Which school is the best?
They are all in candidate status.
I live in NYC so TJU and NDM are closer to my house, but I don't wanna go to school just b/c its closer to my house.

PLEASE HELP ME! Its june! I need to make decision now!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm biased since I graduated from TJU, had a great time!

You should make a list of pros / cons of each program. You interviewed at all of them and i'm sure each one made some kind of impression. Maybe if you post your likes / dislikes it'll be easier for other people to give you advice.

The only negative thing I saw at TJU is that were very hospital focused, it shows since we have a higher match rate than the national average. 64 students graduated, 27 entered the match, 21 matched (technically 20 b/c 1 person got residency after the match). I didn't really get to experience much of the industry side, granted I wasn't one to seek out summer internships but opted for a hospital job. Other than that, I love the faculty, small size is a def plus b/c faculty know who you are, the best thing about TJU is that its located in such a huge network of health systems. So we had a wide variety of experiences in other hospitals in the surrounding area. One advantage I saw when I went out on rotations and interacted with other students from other SOPs, we have ambulatory care and direct patient care IPPEs in our 2nd & 3rd year.... so I had already experienced rounding, working up patients etc by the time 4th year rotations came along, I knew what to expect. I was really surprised to find that some students from other schools had never rounded on a team before going on 4th year rotations.

Thats been my experience at TJU, I can't say much for the other two schools since I don't know anything about their program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm biased since I graduated from TJU, had a great time!

You should make a list of pros / cons of each program. You interviewed at all of them and i'm sure each one made some kind of impression. Maybe if you post your likes / dislikes it'll be easier for other people to give you advice.

The only negative thing I saw at TJU is that were very hospital focused, it shows since we have a higher match rate than the national average. 64 students graduated, 27 entered the match, 21 matched (technically 20 b/c 1 person got residency after the match). I didn't really get to experience much of the industry side, granted I wasn't one to seek out summer internships but opted for a hospital job. Other than that, I love the faculty, small size is a def plus b/c faculty know who you are, the best thing about TJU is that its located in such a huge network of health systems. So we had a wide variety of experiences in other hospitals in the surrounding area. One advantage I saw when I went out on rotations and interacted with other students from other SOPs, we have ambulatory care and direct patient care IPPEs in our 2nd & 3rd year.... so I had already experienced rounding, working up patients etc by the time 4th year rotations came along, I knew what to expect. I was really surprised to find that some students from other schools had never rounded on a team before going on 4th year rotations.

Thats been my experience at TJU, I can't say much for the other two schools since I don't know anything about their program.

hmm so I got 1 vote for TJU!
anyone else?!
please have kind hearts!

anyoneelse like to put some comments?
sorry for bothering you guys but i really need ppl's inputs here
i am so stressed i checked their websites, checked their faculties, and other stuffs
please!
thanks

I just got accepted Albany College of Pharmacy - Vermont Campus.
Now I have to choose from 4 shools.
I decided not to go to TJU.
so from 3 schools.
Notre Dame, Pcom, Acphs
what schools should I go to?!

Last edited: