****tmdsas 2014****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iwantdent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Official TMDSAS 2014 thread!

Today is opening day! Good luck guys!! :naughty:

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck u noobZ

Jk

Good luck fellow texans

Good luck guys! I recently found out I fit the TMDSAS residency qualifications (I wasn't born in Texas but have lived here 3 years) so I'm starting up tomorrow and I'm pretty stoked!

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't believe it's been a year since I started filling out my TMDSAS app! Best of luck everyone! :thumbup:

Anybody know how long it takes them to import DAT scores? The only answers I can find are related to AADSAS.

In my case, it took 2 days to import my score.

I just received Houston's receipt email today and I received Baylor's confirmation 5/21. TMDSAS sent out my application 5/21 and I still haven't received a receipt or confirmation from San Antonio yet. Wondering what's taking so long :\ Anyone else waiting for their receipt email?

I just received Houston's receipt email today and I received Baylor's confirmation 5/21. TMDSAS sent out my application 5/21 and I still haven't received a receipt or confirmation from San Antonio yet. Wondering what's taking so long :\ Anyone else waiting for their receipt email?

SA takes a while to send a receipt email, so don't worry about it!

In my case, it took 2 days to import my score.

Ok thanks! Mine finally got uploaded, it took a little over 2 weeks.

I got Houston's today too, and got Baylor's the same day it was transmitted (5/10). Glad to hear others are saying San Antonio takes awhile, I was getting worried!

Hey guys
I have a question. I want to apply for the 3 Texas schools since I am a resident but I am not sure how. Since adasas portal also have 3 Texas schools in there. I thought Texas has its own portal for students to apply

Hey guys
I have a question. I want to apply for the 3 Texas schools since I am a resident but I am not sure how. Since adasas portal also have 3 Texas schools in there. I thought Texas has its own portal for students to apply

If you are a TX resident you apply using TMDSAS instead

Members don't see this ad :)
Folks, do yall know how the admission committee looks at the undergrad and graduate GPA? Do they re-average the two together? I'm a reapplicant and my undergrad sGPA was terrible. My graduate GPA however is nearly perfect (only 1 B). Just curious if yall have heard how they look at those kind of things.

Let's get some life in this thread guys. Any updates? Email confirmations?

Let's get some life in this thread guys. Any updates? Email confirmations?

Agreed!
Submitted: 5/9/13
Transmitted: 5/10/13
Baylor email: 5/10/13
Houston email: 6/18/13 (final LOR was submitted a few days before this one)
San Antonio email: ??

Hey I am kind of confused. So if you ARE NOT a Texas resident you can apply to the texas schools through aadsas and not have to do anything through tmdsas?

Submitted: 5/22/13
Transmitted: 5/24/13
HPE Packet Recieved: 6/19/13
Baylor email: 5/24/13
Houston email: 6/18/13
San Antonio email: ??

What stats are you guys applying with?

Submitted: 5/20
Transmitted: 5/21
Baylor Email: 5/21
HPE Packet Received: 5/24
Houston Email: 6/18
San Antonio Email: 7/11

Stats
-Above average GPA
-Above average DAT
-Around 80 hours Shadow
-Around 50 hours Volunteer
-Average LORs
-Two Leadership positions
-Involved in 5 EC, narrowed it down to 3 I enjoy the most
-Plays Guitar & Ukulele

Last edited:
Man you guys are all ahead of the game. I submitted June 19th and I'm still waiting to be transmitted. My app is complete though so when it sends it'll just be a waiting game. Last year they sent out interviews around mid July so it's getting pretty close to crunch time.

Submitted: 5/20
Transmitted: 5/21
Baylor Email: 5/21
HPE Packet Received: 5/24
Houston Email: 6/18
San Antonio Email: N/A

Stats
-Above average GPA
-Above average DAT
-Around 80 hours Shadow
-Around 50 hours Volunteer
-Average LORs
-Two Leadership positions
-Involved in 5 EC, narrowed it down to 3 I enjoy the most
-Plays Guitar & Ukulele

Thanks for including info about your activities :)

Submitted: 5/27/13
Transmitted: 5/29/13
Baylor email: 5/30/13
Houston email: 6/18/13
San Antonio email: nada bro

patience is a virtue, friends. :xf:

Yall should start receiving interview invites by this middle of the month!

Got the "application received" email from Baylor this past Monday. Still waiting on Houston and San Antonio.

Hey I am kind of confused. So if you ARE NOT a Texas resident you can apply to the texas schools through aadsas and not have to do anything through tmdsas?

That would be a YES.

San Antonio application receipt confirmation, submitted 5/27/13

Just got an interview invite from San Antonio!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got the application received email from San Antonio.

BUMP, let's get this thread active and goin! Anyone else receive an interview invite already? Interviews start in early August?

Who's all going to SA on August 12th? Let's put some names and faces together when we meet! haha

Good luck to everybody interviewing in the next few weeks!

I saw a few people get invited from Baylor yesterday on the main interview/acceptance thread.

Howdy!

So I submitted my TMDSAS app on 6/13 and it says it was transmitted to the schools on 6/27. received email conformation from Baylor on 6/27, Houston on 7/3 and SA on 7/11. I retook my DAT on 7/22 and it still doesn't show that those scores have been received by TMDSAS. I was just wondering if anyone in a similar situation knew about how long it would take for my scores to get there and then to the schools. The day after I took my DAT I emailed a copy of my unofficial score report to Baylor and Houston but not SA because they didn't say anything about me sending them any updated info when they sent the "we have received your app" email. I'm just starting to get a little nervous because I haven't gotten any interview invites yet. Anyone in a similar situation timeline wise?

It will take around 2 weeks for them to receive your official scores so don't worry. Your file is technically updated for both Baylor and Houston...be patient....they offer interviews as late at Jan so just hang in there... best of luck!

Howdy!

So I submitted my TMDSAS app on 6/13 and it says it was transmitted to the schools on 6/27. received email conformation from Baylor on 6/27, Houston on 7/3 and SA on 7/11. I retook my DAT on 7/22 and it still doesn't show that those scores have been received by TMDSAS. I was just wondering if anyone in a similar situation knew about how long it would take for my scores to get there and then to the schools. The day after I took my DAT I emailed a copy of my unofficial score report to Baylor and Houston but not SA because they didn't say anything about me sending them any updated info when they sent the "we have received your app" email. I'm just starting to get a little nervous because I haven't gotten any interview invites yet. Anyone in a similar situation timeline wise?

Just bear in mind that it's quite random when it comes to receiving interviews from these elusive schools. Last cycle, I submitted mid-July and received an interview about a month later. There was people who applied way earlier than me but didn't received an interview until past October. It seems to me that those with stellar academic credentials were called in first for interviews.

Last edited: