****tmdsas 2014****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am just thinking of going because what if SA doesn't accept me? I wish I could find out before the 8th! Because if I go to CA I will be so brokeee.

Members don't see this ad.

I am just thinking of going because what if SA doesn't accept me? I wish I could find out before the 8th! Because if I go to CA I will be so brokeee.
U only interviewed at SA or did u interview at Hou and Baylor too?

I completely understand and am in the same boat. I just decided that I wouldn't attend Western even if I was accepted. $400k for Western vs $200k for Texas and if I have to wait a year for that then so be it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any Houston questions feel free to come my way.

@176Believer i was only interviewed at SA idk what to do anymore doubting if i should evengo to CA have to decide by tonight

@176Believer i was only interviewed at SA idk what to do anymore doubting if i should evengo to CA have to decide by tonight

Even i had 3 interviews in Texas and waitlisted at nova now, but i still cant make up my mind of going to flo or not. If SA was the only u had, then go to CA. Do u have oos interview?

I feel your troubles guys. I've been accepted to UoP but it's $333000 just in tution and fees. Interviewed at Houston and SA but no word yet. Interviewed at UNC also but the last round of acceptances went out today and I wasn't accepted.

On the question of whether to attend a school that costs $200,000 more than a Texas school if you get accepted to it, or wait a year and hope to get in to a cheap Texas school, don't you think it might be wise to go ahead and go to the more expensive school this year? You will have one more year of salary and what if you don't get in to a Texas school next year? Just some thoughts.

Let's try to keep our chins up!

Reactions: 1 users
I feel your troubles guys. I've been accepted to UoP but it's $333000 just in tution and fees. Interviewed at Houston and SA but no word yet. Interviewed at UNC also but the last round of acceptances went out today and I wasn't accepted.

On the question of whether to attend a school that costs $200,000 more than a Texas school if you get accepted to it, or wait a year and hope to get in to a cheap Texas school, don't you think it might be wise to go ahead and go to the more expensive school this year? You will have one more year of salary and what if you don't get in to a Texas school next year? Just some thoughts.

Don't turn down a dental school acceptance. Period. UoP is a great school. You'll get out in 3 years which slightly offsets the price. More importantly, you're guaranteed to be a dentist pending you don't screw up.

Thats the choice you are going to have to make. That $200k difference is principle only, so add 10 years of interest and that one year off starts to sound better. But you are right, it is a large risk not taking an acceptance that you already got. Weigh your options and decide for yourself.

Oh no I will accept UoP without a doubt no matter what. I highly encourage never turning down an acceptance. Just trying to encourage some others to think about doing the same as well :)

I was told yesterday by Mrs. Pledger (Baylor) that 5 seats remain, but that she would be very surprised if that stayed the same. She said the committee has yet to meet and will do so as early as this week or as late as the last week of the month. After their deliberation, they will attempt to fill the class, wait list 25-30, and I guess reject the rest. She said that it's not surprising for them to go through 15 of the waitlisters. Just an FYI to everyone.
Thanks for the update. But what did you mean by she would be surprised if that stayed the same? So some people may turn it down?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any Houston questions feel free to come my way.
What made you choose Houston over the other Texas schools? And what do you still like about the school? I'm trying to make a decision and your input would be extremely beneficial!

Thanks for the update. But what did you mean by she would be surprised if that stayed the same? So some people may turn it down?

Some people will drop for whatever reason, leaving like 8 seats or what have you.

Today is Feb 6th. Do u guys think we gonna see more batches of acceptance starting next weeks

Someone on the UTHSC-San Antonio page just reported that he got an acceptance email today. Trying to figure out if this was a batch email or just an individual email. Did anyone else get an acceptance email from San Antonio today??

Someone on the UTHSC-San Antonio page just reported that he got an acceptance email today. Trying to figure out if this was a batch email or just an individual email. Did anyone else get an acceptance email from San Antonio today??
I saw it. There is post earlier than that one said san antonio send acceptance on individual basis, not batches like last yr.

I saw it. There is post earlier than that one said san antonio send acceptance on individual basis, not batches like last yr.
A
A friend of mine interviewed on dec 14th and got in today. I think today was a batch acceptance.

December 14th? I thoughtt SA only interviewed on Mondays.

A

A friend of mine interviewed on dec 14th and got in today. I think today was a batch acceptance.
Well not to be a Debbie downer but last year there was a SA batch on Jan 24th and a few days afterwards, I think around Feb 4th, many people were rejected :O

ya it's confusing... They say they don't do batches if you call and ask. ( I was that earlier poster)

Hang in there guys. SA accepts until May, so there is a long way to go. Some times in batches with a couple of people, some weeks 1-2 at a time. It's all variable. They don't give any updates or anything, so the waiting process sucks, but stay strong! As always, continue thinking of backup options, but don't give up just yet!

Anyone know when UTSD may send out more acceptances?
I know their last interview date is this coming Tues., so just wondering.

Anyone know when UTSD may send out more acceptances?
I know their last interview date is this coming Tues., so just wondering.

I e-mailed Dr. Pierpont a little over a week ago and he had said they anticipated sending out more offers towards the end of February. So I guess we're just going to have to wait and be optimistic!

Well...flew all the way to CA, spent a lot of money only to receive a rejection today :( and still have not heard back from SA. Anyone hear back from SA yet??

Well...flew all the way to CA, spent a lot of money only to receive a rejection today :( and still have not heard back from SA. Anyone hear back from SA yet??
Nothing good from SA. I received a rejection letter yesterday. So, if you haven't seen that email-- there's that going for you...haha

Nothing good from SA. I received a rejection letter yesterday. So, if you haven't seen that email-- there's that going for you...haha

You think they are only sending rejections now? I haven't gotten a rejection so I guess that's still good, but now I'm just twice as more anxious.
AHeath, were you at least interviewed at SA?

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to hear that.

I think they only reject non-intervi
well, u are sad for now. But if u didnt go, u may regret for a longer time my friend.
By the way, i think texas schools now just rejecting non-interviewer applicants. For ones who did interview, then no rejection yet

On last years thread SA accepted a lot of people mid march-ish and Houston sent theirs out on feb 28th. Stay strong guys!

Accepted to Baylor!!! Just recieved the email this afternoon. Can't wait! I know I've been checking on here a lot to see updates, thought I'd share! Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted to Baylor!!! Just recieved the email this afternoon. Can't wait! I know I've been checking on here a lot to see updates, thought I'd share! Good luck
Wow congrats.

Congrats!!!! Come on houston! Anyone else checking their email like crazy?

Have you been accepted anywhere yet or are you still totally in the dark like the rest of us?

Me too. Interviewed with houston in December and SA in January. I'm feeling like houston will send theirs out on Friday, but that's just me guessing based on what they did last year.

Me too. Interviewed with houston in December and SA in January. I'm feeling like houston will send theirs out on Friday, but that's just me guessing based on what they did last year.
I'M REALLY SCARED RIGHT NOW. I KNOW WE HAVE TO PREPARE FOR THE WORST. but my parents are so excited about me getting into dental school this year. i dont' want to disappoint them. reapplying is sad, but making my parents sad is even much sadder. I'm stressed

Aww don't be so sad! If it's meant to be it will be. It's definitely not over. Dr. P from houston was at my school today and he was very encouraging. He said they haven't even had their last admissions meeting yet because of the weather that pushed their last interview date back. He said they will meet again next Wednesday. I'm not sure if they are still planning on sending acceptance out at the end of this month like someone said earlier though... He didn't really say if they would or wouldn't so were still in the dark as far as that goes. I know it's hard but we've got to be patient!

SA said they have met and reviewed all the applicants and have them ranked. At this point there are probably only 10 or so spots left. Admission decisions are still being sent out.

The thing that is keeping the schools hands tied is people who have paid deposits at two or three schools. So for all of you people out there taking up spots just pick one!! Haha! The rest of us who don't have any sure would love your leftovers!

Never
Aww don't be so sad! If it's meant to be it will be. It's definitely not over. Dr. P from houston was at my school today and he was very encouraging. He said they haven't even had their last admissions meeting yet because of the weather that pushed their last interview date back. He said they will meet again next Wednesday. I'm not sure if they are still planning on sending acceptance out at the end of this month like someone said earlier though... He didn't really say if they would or wouldn't so were still in the dark as far as that goes. I know it's hard but we've got to be patient!

SA said they have met and reviewed all the applicants and have them ranked. At this point there are probably only 10 or so spots left. Admission decisions are still being sent out.

The thing that is keeping the schools hands tied is people who have paid deposits at two or three schools. So for all of you people out there taking up spots just pick one!! Haha! The rest of us who don't have any sure would love your leftovers!
I THOUGHT THERE R MORE THAN 10 SPOTS. HUHM. SAD. I HOPE I WOULD GET IN

Sorry for the NEVER WORD ON TOP. MISTYPING. IT HAS NO MEANING OKAY

Yeah I thought there would be more too but I heard the guy from SA say that to me and someone else. And dr. P couldn't say how many spots were left at houston...

ZWW I know you said you emailed dr. Pierpont and he said they would be sending some out the end of February. Does anyone know if they still plan on doing that?

In the last interview, we were told that they would meet (this week) and acceptances would go out at the end of February.

But now you are saying they haven't even met yet, and It's going to be at least another week?