****tmdsas 2014****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED TO UT HOUSTON @ 2:17!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
my friend who got in SA last yr said if it passed MID MARCH and you haven't got in, it means you barely have any chance.
Is this applicable to my situation this year ? I think it is time to give up hope

my friend who got in SA last yr said if it passed MID MARCH and you haven't got in, it means you barely have any chance.
Is this applicable to my situation this year ? I think it is time to give up hope

I think it's a bit early to give up hope just yet. I would bet that things will start moving here very soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's a bit early to give up hope just yet. I would bet that things will start moving here very soon.
but we saw houston sent out acceptances yesterday. do u think houston class is temporarily full now?

but we saw houston sent out acceptances yesterday. do u think houston class is temporarily full now?

I am sure that they are to a certain degree, but I also know that there are many Houstonites, and those who are just enamored with the school that have been holding seats elsewhere in hopes of a Houston offer (as evidenced above in this thread). Let the domino effect take place first haha then we can freak out.

I am sure that they are to a certain degree, but I also know that there are many Houstonites, and those who are just enamored with the school that have been holding seats elsewhere in hopes of a Houston offer (as evidenced above in this thread). Let the domino effect take place first haha then we can freak out.

alright then, if we get in, we need to go to winstar again to relieve the stress even though i can't stand the smoke in there. lol

Got accepted to Baylor! I got off the waitlist!

Thank you! My stats were 22AA 24TS 23PAT 3.83GPA 3.84sGPA

yea dental school isn't all about stats as you know lol

Congrats to those who got in!
To those who didn't, anyone else reapplying this year? Or are you using this year to strengthen your app and reapply for 2016?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping that someone will come through late, but preparing for next cycle as if they won't.

I am. I used this year to boost up my application.
can i ask u question: i'm preparing to reapply. and i saw on tmdsas, they prefer not to use the same statement, and letters from the same evaluation. is it true that reapplicants always have to find new letters for new evaluation or they can ask for the same evaluation.?

can i ask u question: i'm preparing to reapply. and i saw on tmdsas, they prefer not to use the same statement, and letters from the same evaluation. is it true that reapplicants always have to find new letters for new evaluation or they can ask for the same evaluation.?

I suppose they suggest it for a reason.

Just called TMDSAS. They do suggest it be new letters, but if not it shouldn't be a big problem. They just want the updated dates. I will be using the same two professors, and a new doctor - as I am graduated and it would be a huge hassle to find two other professors.

However, everything needs to be resubmitted, from transcripts to lor's to your PS. And can not be send to them until May 1st. Which is a bit irritating seeing as though it takes forever for transcripts to trickle into the system.

Just called TMDSAS. They do suggest it be new letters, but if not it shouldn't be a big problem. They just want the updated dates. I will be using the same two professors, and a new doctor - as I am graduated and it would be a huge hassle to find two other professors.

However, everything needs to be resubmitted, from transcripts to lor's to your PS. And can not be send to them until May 1st. Which is a bit irritating seeing as though it takes forever for transcripts to trickle into the system.

i'm thinking about getting letter from a new dentist just as u do. how long have u been shadowed the new dentist. is it gonna be a big problem if u haven't shadowed the new one for a long time, besides, we all shadowed another dentist last year?

Why is it irritating that you can't send them in till May 1st?

Why is it irritating that you can't send them in till May 1st?

I just want everything in as soon as possible this time. I know that was my mistake last cycle. One of the main problems was getting a professor/one of my schools to send the letter/transcript, it took a lot of bugging and emails to get it all through.

And as for the dentist LOR.. I started shadowing the new one at the beginning of this month, but I've known him for more than that. I suppose it just depends on which dentist you think will give the best recommendation.

But this time I am using interfolio for my LOR's as to not have a problem with that portion.

Ah okay. How many hours of classes did you take? I plan on taking about 24 hours total for this fall and spring and 8 next summer.

After summer 2013? I took about 25 hours of course load. Almost all of them are science courses. For the summer, I am not taking anything. For this upcoming fall, I am thinking about taking 12-15 hours and graduate.

After summer 2013? I took about 25 hours of course load. Almost all of them are science courses. For the summer, I am not taking anything. For this upcoming fall, I am thinking about taking 12-15 hours and graduate.

So yo all still undergrad right now?

Did u guys apply cycle 2014

So yo all still undergrad right now?

Did u guys apply cycle 2014
Yeah. I am still undergrad, I didn't apply after my 3rd year like most people. So I consider myself "reapplying" in my case, since I got "rejected"

Any suggestions for a graduate on what to do this next year while waiting??

This will be my 3rd time to apply :( I plan on improving my DAT score, my GPA is already above average and I've taken all related sciences my school offers.

Any suggestions for a graduate on what to do this next year while waiting??

This will be my 3rd time to apply :( I plan on improving my DAT score, my GPA is already above average and I've taken all related sciences my school offers.

PM me.

any updates? any news from SA?

I talked to admissions yesterday and she said if you haven't recieved a rejection, you're still in the pool. She didn't really give any details other than that.

I thought of this after I talked to her but has anyone that has interviewed recieved a rejection letter?

APRIL 1ST. WONDER HOW SOON WE WILL HEAR SOMETHING

Just got accepted to San Antonio! (Not an A.F. Joke) but will be attending Houston in the Fall!

Last edited:
Do you guys think Houston is done sending out acceptances?

Hey everyone! I was accepted to Houston on Monday at around 2pm, and was accepted by San Antonio in January. I'm having a tough time choosing between the two schools now and I thought you all would have some great feedback. Which school would you prefer to attend if given the choice, and why?

Hey everyone! I was accepted to Houston on Monday at around 2pm, and was accepted by San Antonio in January. I'm having a tough time choosing between the two schools now and I thought you all would have some great feedback. Which school would you prefer to attend if given the choice, and why?

It depends. Are you from Houston? A lot of people who were born and raised in Houston want to come back for dental school, especially since the dental school is right in the middle of the med center and their building is nice. I was accepted to UTHSCSA back in December, and I'm excited to go there this fall because they have one of the best reputations amongst all Tx d.s. This is not my opinion, but the opinions of many dentists I've spoken to. The dentist who wrote my letter of rec (who attended an oos school) is part of a residency program in Houston and he states that the graduates from SA have performed better than any of the other graduates.

Either one is good. Houston is arguably a better city to live in, much more to do and more diverse. SA will have less traffic.

SA, as I have been told, is a much better school. Even with Houston's new building. The dentist I work with went to SA, and reminds me that graduates from Houston still call him asking questions on what to do in certain situations (which he learned at SA, and he has only been graduated for four years).

SA, as I have been told, is a much better school. Even with Houston's new building. The dentist I work with went to SA, and reminds me that graduates from Houston still call him asking questions on what to do in certain situations (which he learned at SA, and he has only been graduated for four years).

This is the impression I have gotten. Baylor has the tradition, Houston has the shiny, new toys, and San Antonio has the best academic program (holistically speaking).

You all are making me regret my decision of choosing Houston. I guess I fell for the shiny toys!

You all are making me regret my decision of choosing Houston. I guess I fell for the shiny toys!

There's really no wrong choice here, that's just what each school seemed to offer IMO. Baylor has a tradition and network that is only matched by a handful of schools in the nation, Houston has beyond-fantastic facilities, and San Antonio appears to have the academic edge. But to say that all three schools are "above-average" dental schools would be a drastic understatement. They're all great.

There's really no wrong choice here, that's just what each school seemed to offer IMO. Baylor has a tradition and network that is only matched by a handful of schools in the nation, Houston has beyond-fantastic facilities, and San Antonio appears to have the academic edge. But to say that all three schools are "above-average" dental schools would be a drastic understatement. They're all great.

Yeah I know. I was just kidding. Something felt right about the interview with Houston. Also I know a couple people there in Houston so I think it was the best choice for me.

Yeah I know. I was just kidding. Something felt right about the interview with Houston. Also I know a couple people there in Houston so I think it was the best choice for me.

Fair enough!

I just want to add that even though Houston is a new building, SA it in the process of finishing their new state of the art dental school. I think DS1 and DS2 will be in the old building and when you get into the lab you will be in the brand new building.

I just want to add that even though Houston is a new building, SA it in the process of finishing their new state of the art dental school. I think DS1 and DS2 will be in the old building and when you get into the lab you will be in the brand new building.
IIRC, it's just a clinic they're building? Not an entirely new school.

IIRC, it's just a clinic they're building? Not an entirely new school.

Yep! And the down fall to that.. commuting between classes and clinic. Its not far but they did say that lectures would possible be changed to online lectures and/or the schedule would have to be rearranged so d3 d4 students could easily go between the two buildings. It may be ok once your in the program and it's all worked out but looking at it blind it seems a little strange and inconvenient. BUT from touring the school a new clinic is a huge plus for SA. Just my thoughts..

Yep! And the down fall to that.. commuting between classes and clinic. Its not far but they did say that lectures would possible be changed to online lectures and/or the schedule would have to be rearranged so d3 d4 students could easily go between the two buildings. It may be ok once your in the program and it's all worked out but looking at it blind it seems a little strange and inconvenient. BUT from touring the school a new clinic is a huge plus for SA. Just my thoughts..
I agree, it's a definite plus. Baylor is certainly last for facilities. I love SA's vision and it was my a tough choice between Baylor and SA for me.

Reactions: 1 user
SA is the best in Texas. EVERY dentist I have spoken to says that. In fact most dentist I have had the pleasure of speaking with have actually graduated from that school and they are brilliant. That's my opinion.

What is everyone's Biology GPA?

Reactions: 1 users