**TMDSAS 2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yup, got the same bs here. I am pretty sure their class has already filled, but for some sympathetic reasons they are reluctant to tell anyone who call/email.

Oh, you emailed her about it too and she responded with the same message as above?

Members don't see this ad.

Anything people? I sure as hell ain't heard crap since...

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get any sort of email yet from Houston.

spoke with galindo a few days ago, she said wait list would be out next week and that they havent sent out rejections yet

Received anything yet? Idunno why they are taking so long.

emailed her again and she said nothing has been sent out

i don't know what they are waiting for and why they are so scared to make a waiting list

its as if by the time they do it there will be no hope of getting off it bc all the people who dropped acceptances already did and this group is final

Hey guys, I was accepted to Baylor this past Friday, and thought I'd share my story with everyone! This was my second time applying. I applied to all 3 TX schools in 2013 and received 0 interviews. I took the DAT twice, first time during winter of my senior year in college - scored an 18AA, 18TS, 17PAT, and the second time right after I graduated in July 2013 - scored a 20AA, 20TS, 20PAT.

I went to a public university in TX and graduated two years ago. My overall GPA was a 3.01 and science GPA even lower. I was the type of person who studied A LOT, but never really learned how to study effectively. I'd spend hours and hours going over powerpoints, listening to lectures, reading textbooks etc, but I still just hadn't really "figured it out." I had a great resume in the sense that I was very active in the Pre-Dental Association at my university, had a lot of shadowing and community service hours, and was involved in many extracurricular activities both in/out of my university. Because my GPA was so low, I knew that when I graduated, I needed to take additional upper level Biology courses - my degree was in general biology, but there were still a lot of major Bio courses that dental schools recommend you take that I hadn't taken before - so I moved to Dallas, about 5 hours from my hometown, and enrolled at UTD as a Post-Bacc student. I knew UTD had a lot of pre-dent students and had a very high percentage of students get accepted to dental school so that's why I chose to take classes there. I really focused hard and tried to study more strategically, rather than hour upon hour. I made a solid group of "study friends" who were just as determined as I was, and we all worked really well with each other. I finally figured out that this "method" worked wonders for me. In the course of 3 semesters, I took A&P I/II + lab, Molecular Neuro, Cellular Neuro, Immuno, Cellular Micro, Biochem II, Neurophysiology, Health and Disease, Biological basis of HIV/AIDs, and Oral Histology. At the end of it all, I managed a 3.91, which bumped my overall GPA to about a 3.25. While taking classes, I did research at Baylor, various community service activities - including some with BCD students - worked part time as a waitress and at a dental office. I really tried to show my face at BCD every opportunity I had, became close with the professor there who I did research with, and was constantly in touch with Janet Pledger asking her random questions here and there even if I already knew the answer to it. I networked like crazy.

I sent in my TMDSAS application May 14, 2014, and my AADSAS app June, 9 2014. I received an interview invite at Baylor on July 18th, and interviewed there August 29th. I applied to 10 out-of-state schools and received two interviews (both pre-December 1st), one at Western, and one at NYU. I was accepted to Western on December 1st, waitlisted at NYU, and heard nothing from Baylor. I was ecstatic that I was accepted in the first place, but obviously, my first choice was Baylor. Tuition was another HUGE deal for me because Western's tuition + fees comes out to be about $100,000/yr, and on top of all that, I still had loans from undergrad. I continued to work during the spring semester, do research, and took a Cancer Bio course. I received a letter in the mail in February from Baylor notifying me that I'd been waitlisted. I was a bit relieved, but still, SO anxious as I obviously just wanted to hear that I'd been accepted. I went on with the semester and continued to email Janet throughout the next few months (about twice a month) updating her on random things I'd done like community service and volunteer activities just to "update my file" and stay relevant. I was doing so many random volunteer activities just to have an excuse to email her, until it got to be around mid-April and I just felt like I was over doing it, and began to lose hope as to whether I'd ever be accepted, so I stopped emailing her.

Last Thursday I got a phone call from Janet asking me if I was still interested in Baylor, and just to "touch base" with me. I FREAKED OUT. Told her I was absolutely still interested and updated her on all things I'd recently been involved with. She then proceeded to tell me that they might have a spot opening up in the next 3-4 weeks and that hopefully I'd hear back from her then. She also told me to go ahead and complete my FAFSA if I hadn't done so yet so that if I were to get accepted, I'd at least already have that done. You can imagine how I felt when I got off the phone with her, absolutely ECSTATIC, but stillllllllllllll dying to hear her say "CONGRATS!" The next day, she called me again and officially accepted me.

I've been a pretty consistent lurker on SDN since I was a sophomore in college, and barely posted anything, but just wanted to shed some light on anyone who is or who has been in a similar situation as me. I'm not an URM, I was born and raised here in the states, I have never really been through anything traumatic in my life, nor do I feel like I've ever really struggled. I've lived a blessed life in the sense that I do not have a significant, tear-jerking story that sets me apart from those who have faced immense adversity/challenges in their lives, and who truly deserve to be in dental school. I learned a lot about myself throughout this whole process - taking classes at UTD, surrounding myself with people who are incredibly ambitious and who won't stop at anything to get to where they want to be in life, making connections, and learning how to network. I am honestly so grateful that I was not accepted to dental school my first time around because there is no way I would have survived. The past two years have been invaluable for me as I've had the chance to grow up, and mature, not only as a student, but also as my own person. The best piece of advice I can give anyone is to never lose sight of your goals, no matter how long it may take, or how discouraged you may feel. Always stay determined and Never. Lose. Hope.

Reactions: 11 users
Hey guys, I was accepted to Baylor this past Friday, and thought I'd share my story with everyone! This was my second time applying. I applied to all 3 TX schools in 2013 and received 0 interviews. I took the DAT twice, first time during winter of my senior year in college - scored an 18AA, 18TS, 17PAT, and the second time right after I graduated in July 2013 - scored a 20AA, 20TS, 20PAT.

I went to a public university in TX and graduated two years ago. My overall GPA was a 3.01 and science GPA even lower. I was the type of person who studied A LOT, but never really learned how to study effectively. I'd spend hours and hours going over powerpoints, listening to lectures, reading textbooks etc, but I still just hadn't really "figured it out." I had a great resume in the sense that I was very active in the Pre-Dental Association at my university, had a lot of shadowing and community service hours, and was involved in many extracurricular activities both in/out of my university. Because my GPA was so low, I knew that when I graduated, I needed to take additional upper level Biology courses - my degree was in general biology, but there were still a lot of major Bio courses that dental schools recommend you take that I hadn't taken before - so I moved to Dallas, about 5 hours from my hometown, and enrolled at UTD as a Post-Bacc student. I knew UTD had a lot of pre-dent students and had a very high percentage of students get accepted to dental school so that's why I chose to take classes there. I really focused hard and tried to study more strategically, rather than hour upon hour. I made a solid group of "study friends" who were just as determined as I was, and we all worked really well with each other. I finally figured out that this "method" worked wonders for me. In the course of 3 semesters, I took A&P I/II + lab, Molecular Neuro, Cellular Neuro, Immuno, Cellular Micro, Biochem II, Neurophysiology, Health and Disease, Biological basis of HIV/AIDs, and Oral Histology. At the end of it all, I managed a 3.91, which bumped my overall GPA to about a 3.25. While taking classes, I did research at Baylor, various community service activities - including some with BCD students - worked part time as a waitress and at a dental office. I really tried to show my face at BCD every opportunity I had, became close with the professor there who I did research with, and was constantly in touch with Janet Pledger asking her random questions here and there even if I already knew the answer to it. I networked like crazy.

I sent in my TMDSAS application May 14, 2014, and my AADSAS app June, 9 2014. I received an interview invite at Baylor on July 18th, and interviewed there August 29th. I applied to 10 out-of-state schools and received two interviews (both pre-December 1st), one at Western, and one at NYU. I was accepted to Western on December 1st, waitlisted at NYU, and heard nothing from Baylor. I was ecstatic that I was accepted in the first place, but obviously, my first choice was Baylor. Tuition was another HUGE deal for me because Western's tuition + fees comes out to be about $100,000/yr, and on top of all that, I still had loans from undergrad. I continued to work during the spring semester, do research, and took a Cancer Bio course. I received a letter in the mail in February from Baylor notifying me that I'd been waitlisted. I was a bit relieved, but still, SO anxious as I obviously just wanted to hear that I'd been accepted. I went on with the semester and continued to email Janet throughout the next few months (about twice a month) updating her on random things I'd done like community service and volunteer activities just to "update my file" and stay relevant. I was doing so many random volunteer activities just to have an excuse to email her, until it got to be around mid-April and I just felt like I was over doing it, and began to lose hope as to whether I'd ever be accepted, so I stopped emailing her.

Last Thursday I got a phone call from Janet asking me if I was still interested in Baylor, and just to "touch base" with me. I FREAKED OUT. Told her I was absolutely still interested and updated her on all things I'd recently been involved with. She then proceeded to tell me that they might have a spot opening up in the next 3-4 weeks and that hopefully I'd hear back from her then. She also told me to go ahead and complete my FAFSA if I hadn't done so yet so that if I were to get accepted, I'd at least already have that done. You can imagine how I felt when I got off the phone with her, absolutely ECSTATIC, but stillllllllllllll dying to hear her say "CONGRATS!" The next day, she called me again and officially accepted me.

I've been a pretty consistent lurker on SDN since I was a sophomore in college, and barely posted anything, but just wanted to shed some light on anyone who is or who has been in a similar situation as me. I'm not an URM, I was born and raised here in the states, I have never really been through anything traumatic in my life, nor do I feel like I've ever really struggled. I've lived a blessed life in the sense that I do not have a significant, tear-jerking story that sets me apart from those who have faced immense adversity/challenges in their lives, and who truly deserve to be in dental school. I learned a lot about myself throughout this whole process - taking classes at UTD, surrounding myself with people who are incredibly ambitious and who won't stop at anything to get to where they want to be in life, making connections, and learning how to network. I am honestly so grateful that I was not accepted to dental school my first time around because there is no way I would have survived. The past two years have been invaluable for me as I've had the chance to grow up, and mature, not only as a student, but also as my own person. The best piece of advice I can give anyone is to never lose sight of your goals, no matter how long it may take, or how discouraged you may feel. Always stay determined and Never. Lose. Hope.

I really really really needed to hear this. Your hard work and determination is very admirable. Congratulations fellow Texan!!!!!!!!

Congrats Great Story! See you in the Fall! Go Baylor C/O 2019!

Congratulation, your story is really touching me.

Thank you so much for sharing your story! Very inspiring:) It reminds me and others that are going through this process, to stay positive and like you put it "to never lose sight of your goals, no matter how long it may take, or discouraged you may feel".

Mind posting what you got on your DAT and GPA? I believe I'm in the same boat, however I have not been rejected yet.
this was last years post and I have reapplied since
but my DAT is 20/20/20 AA, TS, PA
and my Science/overall GPA is 3.4 and 3.6

This year I also received an interview and am waiting to hear back again