**TMDSAS 2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I submitted my app on 5/31, which was a Saturday and it shows that my DAT scores were received on 5/31 as well. Does the date shown as "received" indicate the day they received it, or the day they entered it into the system because I doubt they'd update my file on a Saturday…
Seems like a dumb question, but I just want to make sure because one of my professors who hasn't submitted my LOE yet said it's because he's waiting for my DAT scores before he finishes the final draft of my letter and submits it. I'm not sure what he meant by "waiting for my DAT scores."
I actually entered my DAT score info on 5/3 and was "received" on 5/3. I didn't submit until 5/19. I think if you selected your scores to be sent to all 3 Texas schools, they sent the score reports already and once you put your info in, they match it up a few hours later.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who submitted recently with all the letter of recommendations and transcripts already. How long does it take to transmit the whole application and get it sent to all three dental schools? I have all my letters and transcripts ready, but I need to press submit once I finish editing the PS.

What the **** is this??! How come they don't tell you about this stuff? What is a TMDSAS? Is this a special kind of app process for dental schools? Anything I should know about?

Members don't see this ad :)
What the **** is this??! How come they don't tell you about this stuff? What is a TMDSAS? Is this a special kind of app process for dental schools? Anything I should know about?

For those who submitted recently with all the letter of recommendations and transcripts already. How long does it take to transmit the whole application and get it sent to all three dental schools? I have all my letters and transcripts ready, but I need to press submit once I finish editing the PS.
I know I wasn't recent but here's my timeline. I submitted my application on 5/19, it was sent on 5/22. Baylor recieved my application once I finished my secondary. My final LOR came in on 5/29. Got a confirmation from Houston that afternoon. Talked with San Antonio last week, they go through a month to do their own processing.

This is only for Texas dental/medical/Vet schools. If you're a Texas resident, you have to use TMDSAS. If you're not, you can use either TMDSAS or AADSAS.

I know I wasn't recent but here's my timeline. I submitted my application on 5/19, it was sent on 5/22. Baylor recieved my application once I finished my secondary. My final LOR came in on 5/29. Got a confirmation from Houston that afternoon. Talked with San Antonio last week, they go through a month to do their own processing.

Thanks man. I guess I will be a month later than you.

I got an email confirmation from TAMBCD letting me know they received my application, but I didn't get one from UT Houston. I know that UTHSCSA has a bit of a wait, so I'm not waiting for an email from them. Is it possible I didn't get an email because I don't have all my LOR's in (I'm just missing one at the moment)? I submitted on 5/28

I got an email confirmation from TAMBCD letting me know they received my application, but I didn't get one from UT Houston. I know that UTHSCSA has a bit of a wait, so I'm not waiting for an email from them. Is it possible I didn't get an email because I don't have all my LOR's in (I'm just missing one at the moment)? I submitted on 5/28
That's probably it. I was in the same situation as you. All my paperwork and stuff were uploaded. Once my last LOR came in, I got a confirmation email from Houston that afternoon.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys I have a question on the BCPM gpa, is microbiology added on there too?
So bio 1&2, chem 1&2, orgo 1&2, physics 1&2, and all math classes?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a confirmation from UT Houston, but I'm still missing a letter of rec... not complaining though!

Thanks, do they not calculate any other upper level bio courses? Just the prereqs for sGPA? That sucks
I think your science GPA includes all your biology, chem/ochem, physics and math courses (including prereqs). Your non-sciences would be like engineering classes or something.

http://www.tmdsas.com/dental/section-overview.html and then scroll to "TMDSAS GPA's calculate"

Reactions: 1 user
How's everyone's stats that they are applying with?

Is it considered pretty late if I turn in my applications early July?

Is it considered pretty late if I turn in my applications early July?
My friend took her Mcat in July, traditional student and will be an MS4 at utmb. It's kinda late (august/sep. is late) but not hopeless. If you have everything else in, it should be ok. Have a little faith :)

I was casually reviewing my college coursework and noticed that TMDSAS manually changed both my Anatomy classes that are listed under the BIO department as "Other Science". They also changed one of my Nutrition classes to "Non-Science" even though it clearly states Nutrition classes count as other science. Anyone run across the same problem? Check your college coursework people! :confused:

I was casually reviewing my college coursework and noticed that TMDSAS manually changed both my Anatomy classes that are listed under the BIO department as "Other Science". They also changed one of my Nutrition classes to "Non-Science" even though it clearly states Nutrition classes count as other science. Anyone run across the same problem? Check your college coursework people! :confused:

Did that took long to process ? And if it listed as other sciences, it still wouldn't count as science gpa unless it is biology, chemistry, physics, or math I think.

I just got off the phone with TMDSAS and they said my Anatomy courses will be factored into my BCP GPA. For the Nutrition class the lady said it's dependent on whether or not the class is biologically based.

@BabyShades Did what take long to process?

I just got off the phone with TMDSAS and they said my Anatomy courses will be factored into my BCP GPA. For the Nutrition class the lady said it's dependent on whether or not the class is biologically based.

@BabyShades Did what take long to process?

This didn't delay your application right? And when did you submit? If I submit tomorrow or so. When do you think schools will receive it?

This didn't delay your application right? And when did you submit? If I submit tomorrow or so. When do you think schools will receive it?

I submitted 6/9 my app was sent 6/26 so I'm not sure if there was much delay. I'm not sure honestly but maybe around 2-3 weeks.

For those who are applying out of states. Whenever TMDSAS asked you what out of states school are you applying to. Did you know exactly which ones? I haven't thought this far yet. I was planning to just submit Texas and think which other schools to apply to afterwards.

For those who are applying out of states. Whenever TMDSAS asked you what out of states school are you applying to. Did you know exactly which ones? I haven't thought this far yet. I was planning to just submit Texas and think which other schools to apply to afterwards.
Well, I sent in my TMDSAS before my AADSAS, I left it blank because I wasn't planning on applying to other schools. If you know what I mean.

I had already picked my out-of-state schools before submitting my TMDSAS app. But when I go to that page at the top it states "This page can only viewed and not edited. IF YOU NEED TO ADD A NEW SCHOOL, please contact the TMDSAS administrator with the request.

If I were you I would get my app submitted and then you can always make the request later once you decide. If you are like me my in-state (TMDSAS) app was my main priority then came out-of-state.

When I initially started the application, I didn't know at first, no, but I worked on both TMDSAS and AMCAS, and eventually narrowed the schools down to where I was applying to, and then I submitted one after the other. Once you know where you want to apply, you can submit AMCAS first if you're worried about forgetting or adding a school, then submit TMDSAS...either way....I submitted one right after the other, so maybe it's best to do it that way, but as early as possible, whatever that is for you :)

It's okay if you don't know. I emailed them and asked if I could add a certain school to the list, but they said they couldn't (only the coursework/contact info sections can be changed). They realize that it changes throughout the cycle for almost everyone, but it's something you can talk about in your interview.

I applied May as well and heard from TAMBCD and Houston, but I have yet to hear from UTHSCSA. Does anyone know if they have sent any of the confirmation emails yet? I am reluctant to call and bother the admissions office. Thanks!

I applied May as well and heard from TAMBCD and Houston, but I have yet to hear from UTHSCSA. Does anyone know if they have sent any of the confirmation emails yet? I am reluctant to call and bother the admissions office. Thanks!

I recieved a confirmation email from Houston on june 23rd, but I haven't heard from Baylor or San Antonio. I read that San Antonio takes a while but should I contact the Baylor's admission office to see if they received everything?

I recieved a confirmation email from Houston on june 23rd, but I haven't heard from Baylor or San Antonio. I read that San Antonio takes a while but should I contact the Baylor's admission office to see if they received everything?
I got one from Baylor about completing their secondary, but I haven't heard anything from Houston, San Antonio or utmb....I hear it might take a while for those, but my mcat score isn't up yet, so only time will tell.

Have confirmation email from Houston and Baylor. Nothing from San Antonio. I was just skimming through the 2013 TMDSAS, and it looked like people received interview invites for all 3 schools through July 11-17th...

Must be taking longer this year

No interviews here....submitted my complete app on June 9th.

Have confirmation email from Houston and Baylor. Nothing from San Antonio. I was just skimming through the 2013 TMDSAS, and it looked like people received interview invites for all 3 schools through July 11-17th...

Must be taking longer this year
Same here, got a confirmation from Houston and Baylor last of week of May. Nothing from San Antonio. I submitted my app 3rd week of may

What is everyone stats if y'all don't mind sharing?

I will be happy to share mine.

Overall GPA 3.59
Overall science GPA 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT) 20/21/17

I recieved confirmation from Houston & Baylor as well. I submitted my app 5/27. When will they start invites?????o_O

Overall GPA 3.52
Overall science GPA 3.25
DAT (AA/TS/PAT) 21/21/21

As of yesterday night, all my secondaries have been submitted to all Texas schools. MCAT scores were released yesterday. Thankfully it's a score I can live with. TMDSAS just received them today, so now I just have to be patient and see what happens....while working on amcas secondaries.

As of yesterday night, all my secondaries have been submitted to all Texas schools. MCAT scores were released yesterday. Thankfully it's a score I can live with. TMDSAS just received them today, so now I just have to be patient and see what happens....while working on amcas secondaries.
This is dental, you sure you're in the right thread?

Does it usually take this long to process the applications?
I submitted my apps on July 1st and it shows that it is still processing apps from June 23... I knew it'd be around 2 to 3 weeks but by the rate that it is going at I feel like it will take much more than that.

It takes a while unfortunately. Around the 2-3 month mark of the application cycle, I guess there are more people submitting their apps - making it take a lot longer to process. I submitted 5/30, and it was all sent out 6/6

Does it usually take this long to process the applications?
I submitted my apps on July 1st and it shows that it is still processing apps from June 23... I knew it'd be around 2 to 3 weeks but by the rate that it is going at I feel like it will take much more than that.

Submitted on July 4th, and I am still waiting.. :/ Looks like it wouldn't be transmitted until August.

I recieved confirmation from Houston & Baylor as well. I submitted my app 5/27. When will they start invites?????o_O

Overall GPA 3.52
Overall science GPA 3.25
DAT (AA/TS/PAT) 21/21/21

They should start giving out interviews anytime now, and will continue doing them through December. Check your junk mail! Last year my Baylor invite ended up in there.

I never got any kind of confirmation from UTHSCSA either but I just received an email for my first interview invite there! Have faith people! :)

Can we all please use the same layout as the interview/acceptance/rejection thread?

School:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency:
TMDSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
GPA (science, overall)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):