**TMDSAS 2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me... Does this mean we're not in? Anybody know?

No, they will start rolling admission again jan 1st. there is still a long way to go.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have an idea of how many seats baylor has open after the first cut and after some people have decided to go to other schools?

Does anyone have an idea of how many seats baylor has open after the first cut and after some people have decided to go to other schools?

no one knows, depends on how many people accept their admission or not.

Houston at 7:14AM! My #1 choice school! This is unreal!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats, ya'll.

How does the process work now? …I mean, as people turn down schools, automatically the next-in-line e-mail is sent out to that applicant?

Congrats, ya'll.

How does the process work now? …I mean, as people turn down schools, automatically the next-in-line e-mail is sent out to that applicant?

People who are accepted have till dec 31st to accept, then rolling admission starts on jan 1st.

Congratulations everybody! Welcome to the Baylor family!

Reactions: 1 user
Uh, so this is awkward, but if you didn't get a Baylor email, check your spam folder! I went through the entire day thinking that I wasn't good enough for Baylor, but I checked my spam folder on a whim and found my acceptance lol.

But it doesn't even matter because I'm all about that UTSD! whoo0o0o0oo

Members don't see this ad :)
Uh, so this is awkward, but if you didn't get a Baylor email, check your spam folder! I went through the entire day thinking that I wasn't good enough for Baylor, but I checked my spam folder on a whim and found my acceptance lol.

But it doesn't even matter because I'm all about that UTSD! whoo0o0o0oo
Is it now safe to say...me too?! :D Hoping I get an acceptance from them soon! But thank you Baylor for securing my dental dreams! <3

So can someone tell why I haven't got an interview from Houston and San Antonio with 23AA/23TS/21PAT/23QR/23RC + a 3.85 sGPA and 3.9 overall GPA? I submitted my application mid-May but I didn't retake my DAT until late August. I got an interview with Baylor in early October right after they got my DAT scores but haven't heard anything back from San Antonio and Houston. I'm extremely frustrated at this point.

P.s. I have 2 offers from out of state schools so far.

So can someone tell why I haven't got an interview from Houston and San Antonio with 23AA/23TS/21PAT/23QR/23RC + a 3.85 sGPA and 3.9 overall GPA? I submitted my application mid-May but I didn't retake my DAT until late August. I got an interview with Baylor in early October right after they got my DAT scores but haven't heard anything back from San Antonio and Houston. I'm extremely frustrated at this point.

I can't even begin to imagine how you feel because your stats are top notch. :( Maybe call SA and Houston and see what the status of your application is? I know a lot of people like to email Dr. Pierpont at UTSD for updates on admission there, but I don't know if it's appropriate for your situation (it could be, I just don't know). I'm sure that unless you're missing something for some odd reason, you'll get a post-December interview. UTSD continues lots of interviews into the spring, if I remember correctly.

But congrats on the 2 OOS acceptances! That's awesome! :D

I can't even begin to imagine how you feel because your stats are top notch. :( Maybe call SA and Houston and see what the status of your application is? I know a lot of people like to email Dr. Pierpont at UTSD for updates on admission there, but I don't know if it's appropriate for your situation (it could be, I just don't know). I'm sure that unless you're missing something for some odd reason, you'll get a post-December interview. UTSD continues lots of interviews into the spring, if I remember correctly.

But congrats on the 2 OOS acceptances! That's awesome! :D
Thanks, yeah at least I know I'll be attending school come September. And I did email Dr. Pierpont to kinda get an idea of where I'm standing. He said he'd make sure my application gets due consideration. I'm not even worried about SA since I don't really want to move to San Antonio. So hopefully I hear back from Houston soon. Plus I really liked Baylor and Dallas... so to sum it all up all I want for Christmas is an acceptance from Baylor or Houston :happy:

So when rolling admissions begins (Jan 1st), are they continuing to review pre-Dec interviews or do they only review post-Dec interviews?

So when rolling admissions begins (Jan 1st), are they continuing to review pre-Dec interviews or do they only review post-Dec interviews?

They accept people from post December interviews as well as people that interviewed earlier. It depends where you stand from all the other applicants.

Does anyone know around how many post-Dec interview invites are sent out from each school? and if the earlier post-dec invitee's find out acceptance/wait list/rejection sooner or is it just rolling admission?

Does anyone know around how many post-Dec interview invites are sent out from each school? and if the earlier post-dec invitee's find out acceptance/wait list/rejection sooner or is it just rolling admission?

80 more people are getting interviews for Houston.

Last edited:

That is frustrating. Is it a lack of shadowing or volunteering? It's almost as if they didn't get the DAT update, maybe?

Congrats on the acceptances though and like others said, Houston still has roughly half their class to fill.

Baylor usually sends out acceptances to nearly fill up the entire class on December 1. More acceptances are sent out later on as people reject their offers (at least this is what I've heard in the past).

Thanks, yeah at least I know I'll be attending school come September. And I did email Dr. Pierpont to kinda get an idea of where I'm standing. He said he'd make sure my application gets due consideration. I'm not even worried about SA since I don't really want to move to San Antonio. So hopefully I hear back from Houston soon. Plus I really liked Baylor and Dallas... so to sum it all up all I want for Christmas is an acceptance from Baylor or Houston :happy:

Don't worry dude. You still have a lot of time. With that stats, you will be first on the waitlist for Baylor if anything.

Those people who received multiple acceptances in Texas school. First off, congratulations! Which school will you be picking?

Those people who received multiple acceptances in Texas school. First off, congratulations! Which school will you be picking?
I was fortunate enough to get accepted to San Antonio and Baylor, but I am 99.9% sure I will be going to Baylor. Haven't heard anything back from Houston yet.

I was fortunate enough to get accepted to San Antonio and Baylor, but I am 99.9% sure I will be going to Baylor. Haven't heard anything back from Houston yet.

Nice! They are both great schools. I am surprise you didn't get one from houston though.

Nice! They are both great schools. I am surprise you didn't get one from houston though.
I interviewed in Houston during the first week of September and really liked it. I thought the interview went pretty well too. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait until January...

Anyone hear any new news from Baylor?
I contacted Mrs. Pledger today, she said they send out the second round of acceptances at the end of January/ early Feb. IF they need a second round.

Is San Antonio done interviewing or they continue interviewing throughout December and January?

If anyone is interested, I had my interview at UTSD yesterday, and Dr. Pierpont said their interview process ends at the end of January.

If anyone is interested, I had my interview at UTSD yesterday, and Dr. Pierpont said their interview process ends at the end of January.

Did he mentioned how many people will UTSD accepts mid Jan?

Reactions: 1 users
Did he mentioned how many people will UTSD accepts mid Jan?

He said they sent out roughly 50-60 acceptances December 1st. Then he said the next acceptance date will be January 1st and will continue on until the beginning of May. After the class is finalized May 1st, they will make a waiting list in case someone drops out.

Just wondering what others' thoughts are at the moment when comparing TX schools if you were accepted to more than one? Or even if you weren't why your top TX school is what it is? My top choice is an OOS school right now but of course money is a big part of why I'm still deep in weighing pros/cons of Baylor and Houston.

Both schools are good!

Last edited:
Does anyone know roughly how many committed acceptances Baylor gets the first round on Dec 1? Is it typically around 50-60?

Are you sure about that? The class size is about 100, this would mean no other acceptances are sent out, which is not really the case.

Babyshades is right. Not all 100 are going to choose Baylor. They will fill the rest of the seats in later rounds.

Question for next cycle!

So I was always under the impression that we needed 2 LORs from Science professors and 1 from a non-science professor. However, I was just informed that we only need 2 LORs and they can be from anyone? This is what I'm getting from the tmdsas website. Is this new or has it always been this way?

Guys how long before your interview were you invited by UT Houston and San Antonio? Has anyone received an interview invite since Dec. 1st?

Guys how long before your interview were you invited by UT Houston and San Antonio? Has anyone received an interview invite since Dec. 1st?

Yup. Interviewed at UTSD on the 2nd.

Would it be a good idea to email Dr. Galindo at UTSD?