***TMDSAS 2016***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
giphy.gif

Yep... just trying to find ways to pass the time. Binge watching Netflix seems to help.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 11/19/15
Interview date: 12/7/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application received date/s: 7/28/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.79, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/no

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. Just out of curiosity how many of yall are thinking about doing that pre-DS1 summer research thing they have? (if you get accepted of course)
I know Baylor and UTSD has it. I don't think SA does.

Hey guys. Just out of curiosity how many of yall are thinking about doing that pre-DS1 summer research thing they have? (if you get accepted of course)
I most likely will be only if it's at Houston, if it's out of state or anything, I don't think paying rent early for the summer instead of moving in a week or two before classes would be beneficial.

Just a word of encouragement to all you guys: don't be sad if don't get in the first time. Improve your stats, and try again the following year, and you'll still come out ahead as the person who got accepted to a private dental school their first time.

My wife is interested in the summer research at UTSD. Fingers crossed for a Houston acceptance...

Reactions: 2 users
School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 11/20/15
Interview date: 12/1/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.6, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/24/26/No

Reactions: 4 users
This may be a stupid question, but how many credits are considered "one year of college english"?

Got a SA invite yesterday for Dec 14.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if the December 1 Pre-match is tonight at midnight or tomorrow night at midnight?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the December 1 Pre-match is tonight at midnight or tomorrow night at midnight?
If by pre-match you mean acceptances; those should start going out tonight shortly after 12AM central time (technically Tuesday morning) for San A and Baylor. Historically Houston sends out the next morning, so Tuesday.

I don't think I've ever heard dental acceptance "day" called match or pre-match. December 1st is just the earliest they can start sending out acceptances.

Where did you end up interviewing?

that greatly reduces your chances at Baylor since they require at least 75 shadowing hours (might be 100 now, not sure).

Are you sure about that? I've never heard that before. I was one of the first ten to interview at Baylor this year and I have just above 50 shadowing hours.

If by pre-match you mean acceptances; those should start going out tonight shortly after 12AM central time (technically Tuesday morning) for San A and Baylor. Historically Houston sends out the next morning, so Tuesday.

I don't think I've ever heard dental acceptance "day" called match or pre-match. December 1st is just the earliest they can start sending out acceptances.

Where did you end up interviewing?
I've heard that they accept 40% of the class on December 1 from a previous graduate from Baylor (the school that interviewed me), and I've heard it applies to all of Texas, but I'm not sure.

I thought baylor sent out enough acceptances to fill their class on dec 1st? I know UTSD sends out 50 acceptances.

Are you sure about that? I've never heard that before. I was one of the first ten to interview at Baylor this year and I have just above 50 shadowing hours.
According to @doc toothache 's guide, which is pulled from the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools, Baylor requires 75. I have the book at my house and think I saw 100 this year, but I could be wrong. I'll look this afternoon.

Not saying you wouldn't get interviewed with less, but it seems to be preferred.

um66LoD.jpg

I've heard that they accept 40% of the class on December 1 from a previous graduate from Baylor (the school that interviewed me), and I've heard it applies to all of Texas, but I'm not sure.
San Antonio said they would send out 125. Baylor historically has tried to fill their class on December 1st. Houston said they'd send out 40-50%. Not sure if that means enough to fill 40-50% (after some applicants choose other schools) or literally 40-50 acceptances.

Also, y'all... it's tonight... it starts tonight. :eek:

According to @doc toothache 's guide, which is pulled from the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools, Baylor requires 75. I have the book at my house and think I saw 100 this year, but I could be wrong. I'll look this afternoon.

Not saying you wouldn't get interviewed with less, but it seems to be preferred.

um66LoD.jpg
I don't think schools adhere to this strictly. UMKC "requires" shadowing at 5 different offices MINIMUM. I only shadowed at two offices and still got an interview. They didn't even bring it up.

San Antonio said they would send out 125. Baylor historically has tried to fill their class on December 1st. Houston said they'd send out 40-50%. Not sure if that means enough to fill 40-50% (after some applicants choose other schools) or literally 40-50 acceptances.

Also, yall... it's today... it starts today. :eek:
Pierpont told us they send out 50 acceptances but typically at least 10 people choose a different school so usually 40 seats are filled.

Really? Now I'm even more tense. haha. I guess all we can do is relax and hope for the best. Good luck guys.

I don't think schools adhere to this strictly. UMKC "requires" shadowing at 5 different offices MINIMUM. I only shadowed at two offices and still got an interview. They didn't even bring it up.
Oh I agree, I'm sure they are flexible about this requirement especially after taking in to account the rest of a students application. I probably shouldn't have used the words "greatly reduce your chances", that was just speculation.

It was just an obvious check box on that person's app that wasn't checked.

This is completely off topic but... For those of you that live in houston have you ever been ice skating at discovery green? If so how is it? I'm thinking of going there to pass the time. Staring at my computer/clock all day is making me anxious lol.

This is completely off topic but... For those of you that live in houston have you ever been ice skating at discovery green? If so how is it? I'm thinking of going there to pass the time. Staring at my computer/clock all day is making me anxious lol.

LOL I have never been, but I'm sure it's fine. Why not just go to the galleria? Or you could get a groupon and go to studio movie grill at city centre. :)

LOL I have never been, but I'm sure it's fine. Why not just go to the galleria? Or you could get a groupon and go to studio movie grill at city centre. :)
Hm i was gonna go at discovery green because they have some kind of discount for skating today. I do want to see the new hunger games so i might do that instead.

Hm i was gonna go at discovery green because they have some kind of discount for skating today. I do want to see the new hunger games so i might do that instead.

Unfortunately, Hunger Games doesn't qualify for the groupon, but there is a student discount! ;)

Does anyone know how many pre December interviews San Antonio gives out ?

I went last week and it did not live up to the hype at all. It was really small and there wasn't much else to do either. I'd suggest going somewhere else unless you have children. Discovery green was littered with little kids.

Who else is staying up for SA and Baylor?

Reactions: 6 users
Let me get this straight. Baylor and San Antonio send out acceptances tonight after midnight? and Houston sends them tomorrow morning? All three on December 1st?

Yep! Houston sends them around 7am
Let me get this straight. Baylor and San Antonio send out acceptances tonight after midnight? and Houston sends them tomorrow morning? All three on December 1st?

Their first round of acceptances, yes.

47 mins y'all...

Reactions: 3 users
We got this guys. Hope to be your classmate.

Every time i see a TMDSAS thread notification i freak out and check my email lol.

I just want to get this to page 11 so I can stop seeing those tumble weeds :p

Here you go..... a new page .... no more tumble weed

Reactions: 1 users