***TMDSAS 2016***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those who haven't heard good news yet, don't lose hope! You still have a long time to hear back. My friend got an acceptance in July last year

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
v2im7.jpg

But in all seriousness, it looks like UTSDs next round will probably be in February based on the last few years?

Reactions: 5 users
v2im7.jpg

But in all seriousness, it looks like UTSDs next round will probably be in February based on the last few years?
I think they're going to give the applicants accepted on dec 1st the chance to accept/reject before they send more acceptances. The good thing about Houston is if you don't get in on dec. 1st you have a good chance to get an acceptance later on in the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they're going to give the applicants accepted on dec 1st the chance to accept/reject before they send more acceptances. The good thing about Houston is if you don't get in on dec. 1st you have a good chance to get an acceptance later on in the cycle.
That's what we figured. Get the first round figured out and some or all of the post-December interviews done. Yep, of the 3 Houston is definitely a good one to still be waiting on. Even San A since they needed 220 offers to fill their class... Lots of time and offers remaining.

Those that got multiple invites how are you deciding between them? I'm having some trouble

SA was my top (and only ;) ) choice! Officially accepted my offer. Now onto passing these finals. New motto: C's get degrees!

Reactions: 5 users
Lol choosing the one closest to family and friends. Aka my personal patient pool. JK but I figured it's gonna be a hard, exciting, and stressful 4 years, so I'll need all the help and support and love I can get.

I ranked them in order of price lol. Baylor>SA>Houston.

Reactions: 1 users
How important is it to have your planned courses on your application reflect what you're taking in the spring? I ended up replacing an elective on the planned courses with another elective. I got acceptances so I'm not sure if the planned courses will affect anything really, but just wanting to make sure.

How important is it to have your planned courses on your application reflect what you're taking in the spring? I ended up replacing an elective on the planned courses with another elective. I got acceptances so I'm not sure if the planned courses will affect anything really, but just wanting to make sure.
not at all. they're planned courses, plans change. as long as you have all pre-reqs, a C or better, and a degree you're good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those that got multiple invites how are you deciding between them? I'm having some trouble

The way I see it all three Texas schools can make you an exceptional dentist. Pick the one where you think you'll fit in the best with the students, faculty, and location.

To people accepting Baylor, did you contact the school back yet? I got the email but it didn't have much information except that a physical letter would be sent to me soon.
Nope still waiting for the formal letter as well!

To people accepting Baylor, did you contact the school back yet? I got the email but it didn't have much information except that a physical letter would be sent to me soon.
Haha it was a pretty sparse email. We haven't done anything, waiting on the physical letter.

Guess we'll have to put a deposit on Baylor even if we're still waiting on Houston since the Houston acceptance will most likely be after the 30 day cutoff. Not that we wouldn't...

Last edited:
Haha it was a pretty sparse email. We haven't done anything, waiting on the physical letter.

Also wondering if we're basically forced to put a deposit on Baylor if we're still waiting on Houston since the Houston acceptance will most likely be after the 30 day cutoff. Not that we wouldn't, just curious.
Yes, you are forced to pay in order to reserve your seat at Baylor

Yes, you are forced to pay in order to reserve your seat at Baylor
I worded that badly, edited it for clarity. Obviously, I just meant we don't really know when Houston might send out the next round so we'll need to go ahead and hold the Baylor seat. Perfectly fine, we've already started searching for a place to live in Dallas :D

If I withdrew from a prerequisite course but am enrolled in it for this upcoming semester, will this affect my chances of getting accepted?

Is there a FB page for Baylor yet?

I was interviewed at Baylor on Nov 4 and didn't hear anything back in Dec 1, I emailed Ms. Pledger to ask what's the committee think about my application and she said "The committee did suggest that you continue to work on your conversational English skills." That is brutal... is my dream of being accept at Baylor is pretty much over? English is my second language, I thought my interview went well but it actually didn't.
my stats is
3.67 sGPA, 3.64 oGPA
22AA, 23TS, 21PAT, 18 RC.
about 100 hours of shadow and over 300 volunteering, no research or leadership position.
I didn't get any interview invitation at SA and Houston
Hope to hear some advice from you guys.

I was interviewed at Baylor on Nov 4 and didn't hear anything back in Dec 1, I emailed Ms. Pledger to ask what's the committee think about my application and she said "The committee did suggest that you continue to work on your conversational English skills." That is brutal... is my dream of being accept at Baylor is pretty much over? English is my second language, I thought my interview went well but it actually didn't.
my stats is
3.67 sGPA, 3.64 oGPA
about 100 hours of shadow and over 300 volunteering, no research or leadership position.
There's still time for Post-Dec interviews at Houston and SA. Did you apply to OOS schools?

I applied to NOVA, Midwestern Arizona and LECOM , only got one interview invitation from NOVA for Jan 6... If my problem is bad communication skill, I don't think I can get into any dental school. Is it true that everyone is equal once we get to the interview?

I applied to NOVA, Midwestern Arizona and LECOM , only got one interview invitation from NOVA for Jan 6... If my problem is bad communication skill, I don't think I can get into any dental school. Is it true that everyone is equal once we get to the interview?
I wonder what "bad" communicational skills do they mean. Are you not able to carry on a normal conversation? Or just accent? I mean my family doctor has a heavy accent, English is his second language too. But I don't see the problem with a non-native English speaker to persue a career in health related field. I don't know why Baylor is brutal on this. They were just being rude. I feel sorry for you. Good thing is that you have another interview, still have a chance! Don't lose your confidence! Good luck to you!

Just because Baylor says you have poor communication skills doesn't mean every dental school will. It is odd that the admissions committee would make a note of that. Your stats are great. Don't give up!:thumbup:

Thank you everybody, I feel much better, let's hope for the best this cycle...

to all the non-traditional students and reapplicants, keep at it.
accepted to baylor.

Just a heads up. I received my official acceptance from baylor in the mail today. Deposit is 200$

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 5.38.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 5.38.35 PM.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 277
Last edited by a moderator:
The advantage at Houston was that there was student housing, they quoted us at like 500/mo, which is great. For Baylor it

I got the physical letter today and did receive a scholarship during the first year... SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

View attachment 198407
500 is really good! I'm actually considering getting a room mate. So hey if anyone is interested... hit me up ;)

Sorry I meant 500 for houston's student housing. At Baylor there is no student housing, just apartments in the area you know
Yeah I remember Dr. Galindo talking about the housing there. I think she said it was available to the whole UTH school system and it was quite competitive. But at 500$ you really can't beat that.

For those of you who got the acceptance letter from Baylor did it also mention that your acceptance is contingent to successful completion of planned coursework discussed in interview?

I have to change couple of elective courses bc of time conflict and not sure how important it is??

my stats is
3.67 sGPA, 3.64 oGPA

Hey. Don't let that comment set you back from pursing your dream as a dentist nor doing well in the interviews. Baylor may have a different perspective in their prospective students, but of course not all the schools are the same.

Since you do have another interview coming up, you still definitely have a chance in getting into dental school. Take the comment from baylor to allow yourself to grow as a person, fix all the mistakes that you believe you had during your interviews so that you can do better next time. In fact, I know it could be tough on you or family if you don't get into a Texas school but remember that a dentist is a dentist. Look at the inspiring success stories of other dentists with 300k in debt. As long as you push yourself everyday, you will ultimately get into a dental school and become a great dentist.

For those of you who got the acceptance letter from Baylor did it also mention that your acceptance is contingent to successful completion of planned coursework discussed in interview?

I have to change couple of elective courses bc of time conflict and not sure how important it is??
The letter said if you need to modify your planned coursework contact the office of recruitment and admissions ASAP.

I'm sure it will be fine.

I have a similar issue. Already tried calling and emailing, but apparently the admissions office is closed until Dec. 14. Blaargh.

I have a similar issue. Already tried calling and emailing, but apparently the admissions office is closed until Dec. 14. Blaargh.
I tried calling as well! Did you email admissions or Dr. Miller directly?

Last edited:
I hope so!!

I tried calling as well! Did you email admissions or Dr. Miller directly?

I emailed Ms. Pledger directly, but got an auto-reply about the office being closed. :x Guess we'll just have to sit and wait for a bit.

I emailed Ms. Pledger directly, but got an auto-reply about the office being closed. :x Guess we'll just have to sit and wait for a bit.
I think all dental applicants should at least get a M.S. in Waiting.

If I didn't get an interview at any of the Texas school, should I give up already??

If I didn't get an interview at any of the Texas school, should I give up already??

I remember you from last cycle, don't ever give up. I am a reapplicant as well!