***TMDSAS 2016***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I dont want to accept it, but I have a strong feeling that it is..
Although it is not an official rejection letter, it may be time to think about the program. I applied for the program and was accepted into the program, but was not officially rejected from the school until a couple of weeks till D1 started.

Go ahead and apply, that way it is done in case you need it. It is a good second option; but in no way easy.

I dont want to accept it, but I have a strong feeling that it is..

Agree. I got accepted into UTSA on Dec 1st.. still waiting on Baylor.. since we live in DFW area,was hoping to stay close to our family.
Now I guess God wants for us to go to UTSA~
It's a game. My undergrad GPA is 3.97, post bacc GPA 4.0, DAT 22, 300+ volunteer hours - - received that postbac program letter from Baylor , probably=rejected from Baylor..

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree. I got accepted into UTSA on Dec 1st.. still waiting on Baylor.. since we live in DFW area,was hoping to stay close to our family.
Now I guess God wants for us to go to UTSA~
It's a game. My undergrad GPA is 3.97, post bacc GPA 4.0, DAT 22, 300+ volunteer hours - - received that postbac program letter from Baylor , probably=rejected from Baylor..

Two questions. Why did you do a postbacc with a 3.97 ugpa and why would Baylor send you that email also.

Two questions. Why did you do a postbacc with a 3.97 ugpa and why would Baylor send you that email also.
I studied Music/audio engineering for 4 years. My post bach was sciences/dental school pre-reqs.

Idk why I did not get in to more schools, but I am grateful for what I have. As I said, I think it is a game. The schools are financially subsidized by the state (that is part of why TX tuition is cheaper than others), so they have quotas for sexes and races. Also, they can see on TMDSAS if you have an acceptance somewhere. They say that they do not take that into consideration, but I do not really believe it. Not for TX, anyway. Too few people get into all 3 for that to be true. Or else all the top applicants would all hold 3 spots, which is impractical so I can see why they don't operate that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Although it is not an official rejection letter, it may be time to think about the program. I applied for the program and was accepted into the program, but was not officially rejected from the school until a couple of weeks till D1 started.

Go ahead and apply, that way it is done in case you need it. It is a good second option; but in no way easy.

do you know how competitive the program is?

Last year I received the invitation to the post bacc. program and started that process only to get an official acceptance to Baylor on Feb. 4th. Didn't interview until Dec. 10th so the odds were against me. Stick in there!

Reactions: 5 users
do you know how competitive the program is?
The school swears there is about 150 that apply and about 15-16 accepted into the program. I do know some that were not accepted into the program after they applied.

It is not an easy program and is getting tougher each year. The requirements for the DAT go up as the yearly average goes up.

Finally reached the light at the end! Got in to Baylor on January 21st!

This feeling is so weird. It's like my heart is 20x lighter because every waking moment is preoccupied with thoughts of "What if I don't get in?"

Good luck to everyone applying!

If you accept the offer, it's not binding is it? You simply lose the $200 deposit if you choose to go somewhere else?

Reactions: 8 users
Finally reached the light at the end! Got in to Baylor on January 21st!

This feeling is so weird. It's like my heart is 20x lighter because every waking moment is preoccupied with thoughts of "What if I don't get in?"

Good luck to everyone applying!

If you accept the offer, it's not binding is it? You simply lose the $200 deposit if you choose to go somewhere else?

Exactly. What other schools have you been accepted to?

Members don't see this ad :)
None. I've interviewed at Houston and was planning on going out of state for interview next month, but I'm about to cancel that.

Still crossing my fingers for Houston.

Info from UTHSCSA's last interview date yesterday (1/25) per Dr. Segura:

- 2nd round of acceptances have NOT been sent out yet.
- Alternate list will be made in April.
- 10 seats for out of state (~500 OOS applicants) (I knew some of y'all OOS were wondering about this)

Dr. Segura did not mention exactly when the 2nd round of acceptances will be sent out but based on previous year threads, we should expect something in mid February. (This also goes for Houston, not sure about Baylor).

I can answer any other questions you may have via message.

Reactions: 1 users
Info from UTHSCSA's last interview date yesterday (1/25) per Dr. Segura:

- 2nd round of acceptances have NOT been sent out yet.
- Alternate list will be made in April.
- 10 seats for out of state (~500 OOS applicants) (I knew some of y'all OOS were wondering about this)

Dr. Segura did not mention exactly when the 2nd round of acceptances will be sent out but based on previous year threads, we should expect something in mid February. (This also goes for Houston, not sure about Baylor).

I can answer any other questions you may have via message.

Awesome Info!
Do you know how many seats are still available for San Antonio? Maybe a rough estimate? I was told they let us know this month for second round but obviously their plans have changed.

Acceptance#6
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 1/29/16
Method of notification: E-mail@ 12:00am
Residency:Tx
Interview Date: 11/16/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.69, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/19/19/21/QR12

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptance#6

Congrats, when's deadline for your decision?

Acceptance#6
Boy these schools love you.

Is that it for the 2nd round for SA??...

Still waiting on Houston. Anyone else know when they will be sending out the next round?

Still waiting on Houston. Anyone else know when they will be sending out the next round?
Probably after Feb 11th? I saw posts that people received acceptances from Houston on Jan 11th. They gave them one month to respond. So, I guess anytime after Feb 11th? I am not sure... BTW, when did you interview?

seems like baylor doesn't like aggies

Got Accepted to Huston today!!! :soexcited:It was by email early this morning. I had an interview back in December.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to those who got in to Houston! Has anyone who interviewed in January there gotten in yet?

I'm predicting that we should be hearing something from Baylor tomorrow (Wednesday), Houston on the 10th and 19th, and UTHSCSA by the last Wednesday of the month. This is all based on last years acceptances.

Hope to hear good news from Baylor tomorrow... this month needs to go by faster. +pity+

tumblr_n08yyrnA3w1qddd9qo1_400.gif

This is how adcoms should hand out acceptances

Reactions: 6 users
I haven't browsed the pre-dental forum in a long time, but i just found this out today in case anybody might be interested. I was in the elevator today at the dental school on my way to meet with a faculty member. An older gentleman got in and just told me that today was the day they had the last admissions meeting to decide who to send out mass-acceptances to.

Reactions: 4 users
I haven't browsed the pre-dental forum in a long time, but i just found this out today in case anybody might be interested. I was in the elevator today at the dental school on my way to meet with a faculty member. An older gentleman got in and just told me that today was the day they had the last admissions meeting to decide who to send out mass-acceptances to.
Which dental school?