***TMDSAS 2016***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Applications: currently processing applications submitted on 6/6

They've really started falling behind in the processing now. To be expected, we submitted on 6/14...

Members don't see this ad.

Reapplicants, are yall rewriting your optional essays? I rewrote my personal statement but my unique experience essay from last year is still the same experience. Any advice?

Committee Letter transmitted and received: 6/22
Transcript received: 6/16 (from UH) and 6/22 (from HCC)
GPA verified: 6/12
Application transmitted to schools: 6/12
Email from schools received: 6/12 (Baylor), 6/18 (UT-Houston), 6/22 (San Antonio)
DAT: Will be taking in less than 2 weeks!

Now the waiting game...

Members don't see this ad :)
Email from schools received: 6/12 (Baylor), 6/18 (UT-Houston), 6/22 (San Antonio)

Now the waiting game...

When did you submit your application?

TMDSAS Application E-Submitted: 06/07/2015
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: 02/04/2015
DAT Uploaded to TMDSAS: 05/02/2015

Transcript(s) Submitted: 05/04/2015, 5/27,2015, & 05/28/2015
Transcript(s) Received: 05/14/2015, 06/04/15, 06/08/15

GPA Verified: 6/24/2016

Date Application Mailed: 6/24/2016
Batch #: no idea

Last edited:
Reapplicants, are yall rewriting your optional essays? I rewrote my personal statement but my unique experience essay from last year is still the same experience. Any advice?

Mine is still the same experience, but I am just editing it so it can be better.

Reactions: 1 user

I was told that you must rewrite everything regardless if it's the same or not. You can still talk about the same topic I believe.

I was told that you must rewrite everything regardless if it's the same or not. You can still talk about the same topic I believe.

Who told you this? That sounds ridiculous. I would think that all you gotta do is change this and that lol

Who told you this? That sounds ridiculous. I would think that all you gotta do is change this and that lol

Reapplicants. They got accepted so I assumed they knew what they were talking about lol
When deans came to talk to us, they did say that they want to see improvement all over the application for reapplicants so I just assumed they meant the essays too lol

Now the waiting game...

Best of luck on that DAT!

This video is a panel of admissions members comment that they would like to see everything new and rewritten because you should obviously have new experiences and new view on life now that you're reapplying.

Edit: either that video or the second part....

Reactions: 1 users
Is it too soon to inquire if anyone has received interview invitations yet? I noticed from last year's thread that this is around the time invitations for dental schools are sent out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I noticed that, too! But many of those interviews were given to people who had their applications transmitted to schools by late June or earlier. My application was transmitted today so I don't expect to hear anything soon. When did your application get sent to the schools?

Looking at tmdsas last year, yes it looks like the invites started to go out this week. But, they didn't go out until Friday, and then every week on Friday invites went out. So, I think we should start seeing some invites go out today to those who applied early and had their apps transmitted by mid to late June. Here we go everybody!

Reactions: 2 users
I noticed that, too! But many of those interviews were given to people who had their applications transmitted to schools by late June or earlier. My application was transmitted today so I don't expect to hear anything soon. When did your application get sent to the schools?

My application was sent out on 6/10 and I received confirmation emails from the schools between 6/12-6/22. My letters were not uploaded until 6/23 though.
Ahhh the waiting game...

My health advisor said you don't have to rewrite the whole thing but maybe change up a little bit or update it if you have new experiences.

SA's email said their interview season doesn't begin until September, typically interview invites don't come this far in advance do they?

Yeah I know the email I got said that too. Idk last year the invites started going out this last week and this coming week. I guess we'll just see what happens. Hurry up to wait

Yeah I know the email I got said that too. Idk last year the invites started going out this last week and this coming week. I guess we'll just see what happens. Hurry up to wait

I think, at least for SA, invites went out earlier last year because interviews began in the beginning of August. I interviewed around August 6th back when I was applying.
This year we just moved into a new clinic and our DS1s are starting on July 27th instead of July 1st. If it is true that interviews are starting in September this year (I have not been told when they are starting), it probably has to do with the move and the late start for the DS1s. I would expect that interview invitations will be sent out later than in past years.

Just got an interview invite for Baylor on 08/19! I guess that means yall will start hearing back soon.

Reactions: 4 users
Got an interview invite from Baylor today as well. Curious when San Antonio sends out?
I will be seeing you there MolarBear11! Yours at 8:30 am?

Got an interview invite from Baylor today as well. Curious when San Antonio sends out?
Sorry to be a broken record, when was your application sent to the schools?

San Antonio seems to be last in line as far as processing stuff this year.

Sorry to be a broken record, when was your application sent to the schools?

I submitted mine June 3rd but didn't take DAT until June 15th. They (Baylor) emailed me to fax DAT score, my DAT score wasn't processed by TMDSAS until July 1st.

I will be seeing you there MolarBear11! Yours at 8:30 am?

Mine is at 11AM :(. Congrats though and good luck!

Last edited:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1437500970.632399.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1437500970.632399.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 463
Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my invite from Baylor as well! Looks like everyone who has gotten invites thus far is extremely competitive. I submitted on May 30th.
Here are my stats:
oGPA 3.75
sGPA 3.76
DAT 23AA/22TS/24PAT

I'm like... incessantly checking my email now lol. Good luck to those who received IIs! You guys CLEARLY deserved it :) amazing stats!

Anyone else hear anything yet? So quiet from Texas schools... T_T

got mine for 8/26 morning, anyone else got that date? :)

sorry i forgot to include it, interview is with Baylor. i got the email last friday 7/24

i submitted on June 24th, Baylor sent me their confirmation email 7/15

my stats are
oGPA 3.94
sGPA 3.91
DAT 24AA/23TS/24PAT

EDIT: im a tx resident btw

Last edited:
Holy cow. Sounds like I have slim chances at Baylor competing with the GPAs and DATs of people who have been invited already.
SDN is a pretty small sample of the people applying and/or being invited for interviews...

That's what I keep telling myself anyway...

Reactions: 1 users