***TMDSAS 2016***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm pretty sure that's because "Asian helicopter parent" is nothing new to them and she didn't want you to feel weird about it. I just think it's hilarious you couldn't attend an interview by yourself.

Lol I think you misunderstand. it's more about the fact that I'm not going to disrespect my family member that supported my undergrad and going to support my professional degree by refusing, quite frankly, an invitation extended to him because some people would think it was weird. If it was frowned upon by the school it wouldn't have been included in the email, or would've required interviewees to notify the school. I was merely asking if anyone else has traveled with a family member and said family member wanted to join the tour, as invited by the school. I'm not gonna tell someone who wants to also learn about the school to *eff off* and hang out somewhere else in a foreign city when they were welcome to join anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
But if you have different family dynamics that's cool too. I'm going to my other interviews alone because they don't want to come and see those particular schools. It's all the same to me.

Are the interview dates available are only mid November and later now? Or is this just a case of an out of state student. Anyone wants to chyme in to let me know your interview date that got recently invited?
I believe this is just a case of OOS. So far all invites for instate to Houston have had a 2 week notice and Baylor/San A have given 4 weeks notice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, it's wierd, don't do it.
Last year during my interview, one person brought a family member and they looked very uncomfortable.
It's your day, do it like an adult, not someone who needs their hand held.
An adult capable of making their own decisions that doesn't need to bring a family member to their interview, I would hope?
I'm pretty sure that's because "Asian helicopter parent" is nothing new to them and she didn't want you to feel weird about it. I just think it's hilarious you couldn't attend an interview by yourself.

nothing wrong with bringing a guest to show off the school you might be attending.

Reactions: 1 user
nothing wrong with bringing a guest to show off the school you might be attending.

Lol see you get me. but yes I'm just saying, bring someone to Baylor or not, your choice and it was actually quite an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Are the interview dates available are only mid November and later now? Or is this just a case of an out of state student. Anyone wants to chyme in to let me know your interview date that got recently invited?
I'm almost positive that this is only the case for OOS!

Anybody interview at SA yet? If so what was it like ?

I think they're just being courteous to OOS applicants who will likely need to arrange airfare. Don't worry!

I think it is perfectly okay to bring a family member. Someone in my Baylor tour brought their parents, just don't hang around them the entire time.... I actually wished I brought my mom with me, she would've liked the school. Also, don't eat lunch with each other. Have the, sit by themselves or something lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody interview at SA yet? If so what was it like ?

It was really nice out of the three I liked it there the most. I thought Houston was going to be hard to beat but San Antonio did it for me. SXCoronado will agree with me after monday lol

Reactions: 3 users
2nd for the wife:

School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 09/17/2015
Interview date: 09/29/2015
Method of notification: email
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/14/2015
Application received date/s: 7/2/2015
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.84 / 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/22/no
non-trad

12 days notice, heyyoo!

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, it's wierd, don't do it.

Last year during my interview, one person brought a family member and they looked very uncomfortable.

It's your day, do it like an adult, not someone who needs their hand held.

I would think the only time it would be for your parents or whoever to come with you is if they drop you off. Some people don't have cars. I certainly don't...lol but I would never bring my family members inside the school.

Seeing everyone here has been getting interviews, I'm getting so nervous :( . I submitted my application in May and haven't heard anything back from any schools. I don't know if I still have hope. Do you guys know if the schools are not going to give interview to an applicant, do they just keep it quiet and won't let you know the decision until the end of the cycle? When will be the last interview time? Thank you for any information.
Btw, my 2012 DAT is 21AA/22TS/19PAT, 2015 DAT is 20AA/21TS/22PAT, nothing below 18. My oGPA is 3.63, sGPA is 3.63

Seeing everyone here has been getting interviews, I'm getting so nervous :( . I submitted my application in May and haven't heard anything back from any schools. I don't know if I still have hope. Do you guys know if the schools are not going to give interview to an applicant, do they just keep it quiet and won't let you know the decision until the end of the cycle? When will be the last interview time? Thank you for any information.
Btw, my 2012 DAT is 21AA/22TS/19PAT, 2015 DAT is 20AA/21TS/22PAT, nothing below 18. My oGPA is 3.63, sGPA is 3.63

I believe last interviews are usually held around early February for TX schools.

A lot of us haven't heard from SA or Houston yet. SA started their interviews about a month later than usual due to the new clinic building opening. Houston has a reputation for being the slowest of the three. Don't panic just yet.

Did you get "application received" emails from the schools?

She got all three!

School: UTHSC San Antonio
Notification date: 09/22/2015
Interview date: 10/12/2015
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/14/2015
Application received date/s: 7/2/2015
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.84 / 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/22/no
non-trad

Got an interview invite from San Antonio right after taking a brutal exam! The universe works in mysterious ways :luck: Good luck to y'all...the invites are coming!

I believe last interviews are usually held around early February for TX schools.

A lot of us haven't heard from SA or Houston yet. SA started their interviews about a month later than usual due to the new clinic building opening. Houston has a reputation for being the slowest of the three. Don't panic just yet.

Did you get "application received" emails from the schools?
Thank you for your answer. I did receive emails from 3 schools back in June and July. I just don't know how long they will let you know their decisions. It's so hard if we have to wait to the end of the cycle to know it :(. And I don't think emailing to ask them about the status is the right thing to do...

Thank you for your answer. I did receive emails from 3 schools back in June and July. I just don't know how long they will let you know their decisions. It's so hard if we have to wait to the end of the cycle to know it :(. And I don't think emailing to ask them about the status is the right thing to do...

Would it hurt to ask? Maybe you're missing something or there's a red flag somewhere? I honestly don't know if they contact you if they need clarifications in your app but I think they do entertain those questions about where you stand in the admissions cycle.

Last edited:
Seeing everyone here has been getting interviews, I'm getting so nervous :( . I submitted my application in May and haven't heard anything back from any schools. I don't know if I still have hope.

It's really not late at all. SA has had two sets of interviews as far as I know (so ~20 people), and Houston/Baylor have only had a few (maybe 40-60 interviewees?). They'll be interviewing close to 250-300 people so you still have a ridiculous amount of time to get an invite.

Reactions: 2 users
Would it hurt to ask? Maybe you're missing something or there's a red flag somewhere? I honestly don't know if they contact you if they need clarifications in your app but I think they do entertain those questions about where you stand in the admissions cycle.
Thank you for your suggestion. I think I will wait for a little longer before contacting the schools because I don't want to leave them an impression of me being impatient and unprofessional.

It's really not late at all. SA has had two sets of interviews as far as I know (so ~20 people), and Houston/Baylor have only had a few (maybe 40-60 interviewees?). They'll be interviewing close to 250-300 people so you still have a ridiculous amount of time to get an invite.
Your reassuance is nice. Thank you, I appreciate it!

Thank you for your suggestion. I think I will wait for a little longer before contacting the schools because I don't want to leave them an impression of me being impatient and unprofessional.

For sure. If there is no real reason then yea I would wait until further in the cycle. I contacted Baylor because it was the only school who said app complete when TMDSAS hadn't even received my DAT scores yet. So I emailed Ms Pledger just to make sure everything was in order and in that vein I just kinda asked if we would be given status updates regarding the app. She was super nice about it. Didn't email the other two of course since their app received email was sent after the DAT scores were transmitted. I guess patience will be your most comforting friend, SDN not so much.

do we still have a chance for pre dec interview? Im getting worried!:(

Yeah, we still got a chance. :) wait for 1 more month .
I hope so!!! as a TX resident , I almost would be embarrassed if I don't get any TX interviews, considering how state friendly they are!! Come on TX!!

I wouldn't worry until the end of October for Baylor and San Antonio since they give 4 weeks lead time. For Houston they give two weeks notice so the invites could go in to November and still be pre-December.

Also, especially for Houston and San Antonio, they don't fill their entire class on December 1st.

2nd Interview!! :D :D

School: BCD
Notification date: 9/30
Interview date: 10/23
Method of notification:e-mail
TMDSAS mail-out date: 8/28/15
Application received date/s: 8/31/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): BCPM: 3.90 Overall: 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/TS 20/PAT 19/RC 18/ nothing below a 17

2nd Interview!! :D :D

School: BCD
Notification date: 9/30
Interview date: 10/23
Method of notification:e-mail
TMDSAS mail-out date: 8/28/15
Application received date/s: 8/31/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): BCPM: 3.90 Overall: 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/TS 20/PAT 19/RC 18/ nothing below a 17

Spoke too soon :laugh: Congrats!

last of the TX interviews :soexcited::love:, can't wait!

School: San Antonio
Notification date: today, 10/1/15
Interview date: 10/26/15
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 7/23/15
Application received date/s: 7/28/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.71, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/26/23/no

Reactions: 5 users
1000th post, seemed fitting to do it in a tmdsas thread.

Hey guys. I'm getting super depressed bc I submitted early and still haven't hear anything from any of the three schools. As a TX resident, I thought I'd at least have some chance

Hey guys. I'm getting super depressed bc I submitted early and still haven't hear anything from any of the three schools. As a TX resident, I thought I'd at least have some chance

What's your app like? And how early is early? I still think it's just random, and I have heard from a dental student at one of the UT schools that certain parts of your app can get it pulled ahead of earlier submissions. Some students I talked to didn't get any until January despite "early" submission. The interviews will come though.

I have a question about Baylor interview!

Did you guys print your class schedule with list of classes and bring it with you to the interview or just typed them with planned courses on a sheet of paper instead?

I have a question about Baylor interview!

Did you guys print your class schedule with list of classes and bring it with you to the interview or just typed them with planned courses on a sheet of paper instead?

You can do either. They will ask you to write it all down on their own form that they give to you when you check in.

Pretty sure an "Asian helicopter parent" would push their kids into medicine or engineering. From my experience, most Asian parents think dentistry is far below medicine in terms of the academic rigor and respect.

1st TX interview from Baylor.
I received the email today for November 6th interview date but I have final exams on 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th! so I called Baylor to see if I can reschedule and they said no that's the last date they have available for their in-state interviews! Baylor is my top choice and I don't want to do post-Dec there ; have to find a way to make it happen :(

I received the email today for November 6th interview date but I have final exams on 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th! so I called Baylor to see if I can reschedule and they said no that's the last date they have available for their in-state interviews! Baylor is my top choice and I don't want to do post-Dec there ; have to find a way to make it happen :(
I would ask the professor/s if you can take the final/s early. Explain the situation, surely they'll be accommodating.

Congrats! What're your stats and everything if you don't mind? :) My boyfriend applied this cycle and hasn't gotten any interviews yet

I would ask the professor/s if you can take the final/s early. Explain the situation, surely they'll be accommodating.
I sure hope so ! Im frustrated since my professor is not very friendly ( not friendly is an understatement ) just asking her gives me panic attack !:scared:

Congrats! What're your stats and everything if you don't mind? :) My boyfriend applied this cycle and hasn't gotten any interviews yet
oh no problem ,
Im in a BS/MS program and my GPA from undergraduate courses are 3.5 for overall , 3.4 for science and 4.0 for MS.
DAT: 21 AA/21 TS/ 19 PAT
so as you can see my stats are nothing special and I'm sure your boyfriend will get a interview ; we just have to be patient :hurting:

School: Baylor
Notification date:
10/08/2015
Interview date: 11/06/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.52, 3.27
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 21
/21/20/23/no

Wait, so Baylor isn't giving anymore interviews to instate applicants?

Interview # 2
School: UT San Antonio
Notification date: 10/09/15
Method of notification: Email
Application complete date: 6/25/15
Mail-out date: 7/16/15
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.57, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any section below 17): 22, 22, 21, 20, none

Wait, so Baylor isn't giving anymore interviews to instate applicants?
I have no way of knowing for sure, but based on them giving 4 weeks notice for interviews, I would think today is Baylor's last day for invites for a November 6 interview day (Friday). I know someone on SDN who is OOS has an interview on Nov 13th, which is the following Friday. So, what @lacey17 said makes sense.

But, people cancel, sometimes they give a little less notice, etc.

This is just speculation though.