***TMDSAS 2016***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait, so Baylor isn't giving anymore interviews to instate applicants?

Highly doubtful for two reasons. 1) they hardly interview any OOS applicants, so it makes no sense to have dates with just OOS students. 2) they won't fill the class Dec 1st.

Trust me, they are going to be more IS dates.

Members don't see this ad.

Baylor started interviewing on Aug 19th. 19th through November 6, at 10 per interview day is 240 interviews, right on target. Then 3-4 days of OOS interviews, 30-40, again on target. Puts them stopping interviews on Nov 18th or 20th, right before Thanksgiving break...

Not trying to be a downer, the numbers just check out.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Baylor started interviewing on Aug 19th. 19th through November 6, at 10 per interview day is 240 interviews, right on target. Then 3-4 days of OOS interviews, 30-40, again on target. Puts them stopping interviews on Nov 18th or 20th, right before Thanksgiving break...

Not trying to be a downer, the numbers just check out.
do you know how many acceptance they send on dec 1st ?

do you know how many acceptance they send on dec 1st ?
Historically they try to fill the majority of the class on Dec 1.

Edit: Looked at the TAAHP report again. Baylor gave out 79 offers through February 1st. I assume a lot of those came on Dec 1st.

Last edited:
What's your app like? And how early is early? I still think it's just random, and I have heard from a dental student at one of the UT schools that certain parts of your app can get it pulled ahead of earlier submissions. Some students I talked to didn't get any until January despite "early" submission. The interviews will come though.

End of May! And pretty above average DAT and average GPA. Kids have gotten interviews with my stats :(

the lady i spoke with said Nov 6th is the last day for in-state and if i cant make it I have to do Post Dec.

Just as I thought. They don't fill the class and have had post Dec interviews last two years.

It's not the end of the world to have a predec interview. I know plenty of people thare have been accepted with post Dec interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree with caj, I didn't mean for my posts to discourage anyone. They definitely DO give out post December interviews and offers.

As proof, the TAAHP report from last year show's Baylor having given only 79 offers through February 1st.

Agree with caj, I didn't mean for my posts to discourage anyone. They definitely DO give out post December interviews and offers.

As proof, the TAAHP report from last year show's Baylor having given only 79 offers through February 1st.

Do you know how many SA and Houston accept Dec 1?

Any idea on OOS Applicants? Have the majority of OOS Interviews Dates passed/been chosen already? Really wanted (thought I) had a shot at Baylor/SA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea on OOS Applicants? Have the majority of OOS Interviews Dates passed/been chosen already? Really wanted (thought I) had a shot at Baylor/SA.
Not certain, I would assume if you don't get an invite within the next week or two you would be out of luck for a pre-December invite since there won't be the 4 week lead time left. Baylor and San A only interviewed 13 and 16 OOS last year prior to February 1st, according to the TAAHP report.

How many do San Antonio accepts overall??
Overall seats? 105. Offers? Up to 200 according to the ADEA report from 2014 (found in doc toothaches DS guide, section 2). You have to remember that each school gives out quite a few more offers than available seats.

I'm attaching the TAAHP and TMDSAS Y/E statistics to this post.The number of offers can be found in section two of doc toothaches guide to DS also. It shows Houston only giving out 100, but it's actually ~150.

Attachments

• TAAHP 2015 Report.pdf
    728 KB · Views: 193
  • Final Statistics Report-EY14-Medical.pdf
    44.4 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: 2 users
School: Baylor
Notification date: 10/13/15
Interview date: 11/11/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application received date/s: 7/16/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.79, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/no

Reactions: 4 users

It's not the last interview!! Is this your first Texas school interview?

@RuffDay I was happy to prove it was only speculation! And no, I interviewed at Houston a month ago. :)

Awesome! Like I said, it was all speculation. :D

(they still gave you 4 weeks notice)

Last edited:
Sweet! How is the San Antonio interview btw? Do the student and faculty have access to all your essays only? No transcripts, letter of recommendations, etc.

@EasTexan Hahaha not making a jab at you at all, I promise. :) I'm just glad it wasn't true.

@RuffDay for Houston, I have no idea. You would think I should know that. Students definitely don't know, they just chatted with us during our lunch break. :)

Honestly speaking, do you guys think that I should just give up hope on a pre Dec interview from Houston or Baylor?

BCMP: 3.36, Overall: 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/TS 20/PAT 19/RC 20/ nothing below a 17

Honestly speaking, do you guys think that I should just give up hope on a pre Dec interview from Houston or Baylor?

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/TS 20/PAT 19/RC 20/ nothing below a 17

Wait until November! Have you interviewed at San Antonio already?

I know some people that have gotten interview invites to Houston 2 weeks prior.

Nope.

Depending on when Baylor stops interviewing you could still have a shot at a pre-December if you get an invite before the end of October, realistically, probably need an invite on or before October 23. Just based on their 4 weeks notice, thanksgiving break, etc. I was wrong earlier in the thread about them being done with pre-december (as evidenced by @fearthewild)

Houston seems to give roughly 2 weeks notice on average so their invites could go well in to November. They only gave my wife 12 days notice from the day she got the invite to the interview day.

It's this Monday!
baylor and san antonio gave me a 3 week notice. I'm still waiting to hear from houston but friends of mine received a 1.5 - 2 week notice. I'm pretty sure all 3 schools interview into january so although predec would be nice, i wouldn't worry about it too much. the goal is to just get a seat!

Does anyone know how SA interview invites send out? Is it too late for a preDec with SA?

Does anyone know how SA interview invites send out? Is it too late for a preDec with SA?

Via email, and definitely you still have a chance. The next invites should be interview dates that are one or two weeks before thanks giving .

did you even try?
No. I dont. I just like to sit around and wait for the magic to happen.

Via email, and definitely you still have a chance. The next invites should be interview dates that are one or two weeks before thanks giving .

Thanks. I understand that the invites are sent through email. I meant like how many II that they have, and do I still have a chance. Thanks for your respond!!!

Anyone got an invite recently ?

Last edited:
Those waiting for interviews still. Hope is not lost, been in a Texas drought, but just got an interview to UTSD yesterday for 10/27. So they will email you ~2weeks in advance and it is every Tuesday like everyone has stated. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Those waiting for interviews still. Hope is not lost, been in a Texas drought, but just got an interview to UTSD yesterday for 10/27. So they will email you ~2weeks in advance and it is every Tuesday like everyone has stated. Good luck!

What're your stats if you don't mind me asking? :)

congrants!!! I cant believe they still give out NOV dates to In-state and they refused to changed my date cause " nov 6th is our last in state date" ! and I had to jump through hoops to reschedule my final exam!!:mad::mad:

Anyone heard from San Antonio recently? :/

@lacey17 I'm so sorry, I have no idea why! But is everything settled?
well my professor just changed her mind , I wont be taking the final , she decided to average my first 3 tests and take that as my final. Now I have to get 95 above in the next test just to get A- in the class! :bang:

well my professor just changed her mind , I wont be taking the final , she decided to average my first 3 tests and take that as my final. Now I have to get 95 above in the next test just to get A- in the class! :bang:
Wow. That's harsh. I'm so sorry they are not accommodating these interviews.

Dr. Pierpont was at UH today and said about 40% of the class at UTSD is filled on December 1st.
I wonder if that means they send out enough offers to expect 40 acceptances (people holding a spot) or they literally send out 40 offers. Not that it really matters, but interesting. It's pretty well documented that they send out "about half" on December 1st.

I think they've historically needed to send out ~150 offers to fill all their seats by the end of the process.

I wonder if that means they send out enough offers to expect 40 acceptances (people holding a spot) or they literally send out 40 offers. Not that it really matters, but interesting. It's pretty well documented that they send out "about half" on December 1st.

I think they've historically needed to send out ~150 offers to fill all their seats by the end of the process.

And San Antonio sends about how many? I know Baylor sends out about the same as Houston.

Well those are some lucky and special 40 people. They would've interviewed ~150 by December 1st yea?

But I get what @EasTexan is saying. Pierpont said at my interview that right on December 1st they lose about 10-15 already, so maybe they send out ~50-60 and expect to have about 40 accept the offer

Can anyone who interviewed at Houston say how the interview itself is structured?