*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yup.
I think Baylor has interviews any weekday if i'm not mistaken. (My interview was on a Friday.)
UTHSCSA has them on Mondays.
Houston has them on Tuesdays.

Actually, looking back at my interview emails it seems UTHSCSA has the same policy as Baylor when it comes to rescheduling interviews.
If you want to reschedule with them your application will have to go through the entire review process again and another interview spot isn't guaranteed.
Correct! Except Texas A&M only interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays. They also, along with San A, typically give almost a month notice. Houston on the other hand gives about 2 weeks notice...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Correct! Except Texas A&M only interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays. They also, along with San A, typically give almost a month notice. Houston on the other hand gives about 2 weeks notice...
Ah makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. :thumbup:

So you know how on the TMDSAS app they ask you to list what out of state schools you are applying to? I didn't list any when I submitted it because I didn't really consider any out of state schools at the time. What if I decide I want to apply to one or two? Am I not allowed to now?

I think you're still allowed to. I know people who decided to apply to out of state schools after submitting TMDSAS and they didn't have a problem. If you're asked about not applying to any out of state schools at interviews, then you should probably mention that you decided to after you submitted TMDSAS.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am still waiting on my optional letter of rec... I submitted a month ago or so and I have everything else submitted... Is this hurting my chances? I am a reapplicant and she still hasn't updated my letter of rec from last year (should I just submit last year's?)

I just got my summer 1 grades back and got As in my grad program. I feel like I should let the schools know, should I send a transcript to TMDSAS???

I just got my summer 1 grades back and got As in my grad program. I feel like I should let the schools know, should I send a transcript to TMDSAS???

Yep! Don't forget to attach a new transcript request form when you send it.
:)

When does school start for you?! Ya nervous?
August 15th is the first official day of class! We have orientation the 8th-12th and pre orientation the 4th and 5th.
:thumbup:

Not too nervous just scrambling to get my stuff together to move lol!

August 15th is the first official day of class! We have orientation the 8th-12th and pre orientation the 4th and 5th.
:thumbup:

Not too nervous just scrambling to get my stuff together to move lol!

Y'all get a serious orientation. We get one day and then straight into it.

Anyone heard of interviews from the Texas schools?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Why Baylor? Did you get into all 3 schools?
Yeah I got into all 3. Mostly because it's the cheapest school and they gave me a scholarship. Their clinical experience is also top notch.
UTSD and UTHSCSA are great schools too, you can't go wrong with any of them.

Yeah I got into all 3. Mostly because it's the cheapest school and they gave me a scholarship. Their clinical experience is also top notch.
UTSD and UTHSCSA are great schools too, you can't go wrong with any of them.
Is it still cheaper considering the cost of living downtown Dallas compared to Medical Center San Antonio for the 4 years?
Congrats on all 4 acceptances btw, thats crazy!
Good on ya with the scholarship too!

Is it still cheaper considering the cost of living downtown Dallas compared to Medical Center San Antonio for the 4 years?
Congrats on all 4 acceptances btw, thats crazy!
Good on ya with the scholarship too!
That's the thing about Texas schools, the cost vary alot based on your living situation (Living alone, with a room mate, family ect),but the baseline cost of A&M is cheaper than the other two without living expenses considered.

The total estimated cost of attendance are approx. this is for the 2015-2016 academic year.
A&M- 200k
UTHSCSA-220k
UTSD- 240k

That's the thing about Texas schools, the cost vary alot based on your living situation (Living alone, with a room mate, family ect),but the baseline cost of A&M is cheaper than the other two without living expenses considered.

The total estimated cost of attendance are approx. this is for the 2015-2016 academic year.
A&M- 200k
UTHSCSA-220k
UTSD- 240k
These costs are including personal expenses and housing right?

When updating transcripts, do we send the same Transcript Request Form or is there another form to send for updated courses?

Yep! First interview offer went out Monday, July 20th last year from Texas A&M. So, maybe next Monday :eek:

That's exciting and nerve-racking at the same time

Will there be other status updates after the app has been transmitted to schools? Like app under review or anything?

Will there be other status updates after the app has been transmitted to schools? Like app under review or anything?
Outside of the application received email you get from the schools the only other emails you will receive are Interview/Acceptance/Waitlist/Rejection.

Will Texas schools still look at your application if you're only missing 1 professor rec letter but everything else is in and verified? Or do they really wait until they have everything?

Will Texas schools still look at your application if you're only missing 1 professor rec letter but everything else is in and verified? Or do they really wait until they have everything?
They might look at it, but i'm not sure if they will extend an interview invitation without it.

If you get an interview offer early (for example July 20), when would the earliest interview be? I have something in the first 2 weeks of August and am worried since I know you can't reschedule

If you get an interview offer early (for example July 20), when would the earliest interview be? I have something in the first 2 weeks of August and am worried since I know you can't reschedule
For the invites sent out between July 20-28, the interviews were August 19-25. This is for Texas A&M and Houston. San Antonio didn't send invites until Aug 18th+ and didn't interview until Sept 14th+.

Note, this data was collected from SDN so there could (and probably are) outliers.

For the invites sent out between July 20-28, the interviews were August 19-25. This is for Texas A&M and Houston. San Antonio didn't send invites until Aug 18th+ and didn't interview until Sept 14th+.

Note, this data was collected from SDN so there could (and probably are) outliers.
Wait... i , i thought sdners were the outliers, youre telling me there are better stats out there than y'all...? :(

Wait... i , i thought sdners were the outliers, youre telling me there are better stats out there than y'all...? :(
Haha no. I meant outliers in my invite/interview dates data. There could be people that were invited earlier that didn't post to SDN. Doesn't really say much about their stats.

SDN is an outlier (on the high end) when it comes to stats, for sure, don't worry.

It says you must add future terms and planned coursework in the college coursework section. However, I don't know what I am taking in spring 2017. Right now I just have it as attending from fall 2013 to Spring 2017 but with 7 semesters (including 1 planned coursework for fall 2016). Is this ok?

do y'all know when oos interviews begin for Texas AM by any chance?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How detrimental do y'all think it would be for one to submit application first week of August. I will also be sending documents and everything else August 1st .
I take my Dat July 30th and wanted to wait on the results to see if applyin lg is a legitimate option given that I'm having issues with a couple of sections.

Thanks!

How detrimental do y'all think it would be for one to submit application first week of August. I will also be sending documents and everything else August 1st .
I take my Dat July 30th and wanted to wait on the results to see if applyin lg is a legitimate option given that I'm having issues with a couple of sections.

Thanks!
You will be fine.

To receive an interview with Texas A&M College of Dentistry, does the official DAT scores have to be uploaded to TMDSAS? Everything has been received by the school expect my official DAT scores, but I did email my unofficial scores to Ms. Pledger.

To receive an interview with Texas A&M College of Dentistry, does the official DAT scores have to be uploaded to TMDSAS? Everything has been received by the school expect my official DAT scores, but I did email my unofficial scores to Ms. Pledger.
You should email Ms. Pledger and ask.

Can I just sayyyy

:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:
Waiting.

Also I put up at thread for specifically A&M if anyone wants to look there in case this starts to get too crowded with all the schools lol