*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So no one has heard about interviews from any Texas schools at the moment right?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
That feeling when AADSAS processes your application faster than TMDSAS...

Reactions: 4 users
It might be tomorrow guys

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Sending major prayers for everyone!!! (Can you imagine how we will all be in Dec lol)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 5 users
Might get an interview, might not get one. I ~~~might~~~ cry if I do however. MIGHT.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm still waiting on one more LOR to be uploaded...and I completed TMDSAS in May o_O

I think instead of 20th, it starts on 23rd. That's the earliest date my friend got his invite last year.

Haha. This makes me a little hopeful. I'm sitting here today like::thinking::thinking::sorry: checking my email all the time

Reactions: 3 users
On this day last year I received my Baylor (A&M) interview! Good luck everyone!

Do you mind sharing your stats?

School: Baylor (T&M), San Antonio, Houston
Notification date: July 20, Sept 4, Sept 17
Interview date: August 19, Sept 28, Sept 29
Method of notification: email
TMDSAS mail-out date: first week of June
Application received date/s: ???
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.6, 3.7 (3.9 for sophomore and junior year)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23,22,22,24. Nothing below 20

Worked avg 20hrs/week throughout college. Asian. 150+ hours shadowing, rec letter from volunteer supervisor (volunteered @ dental clinic for 4 years straight ~300 hours). Lots of other stuff.

Acceptanced to all. Baylor cause I wanted best clinical experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
School: Baylor (T&M), San Antonio, Houston
Notification date: July 20, Sept 4, Sept 17
Interview date: August 19, Sept 28, Sept 29
Method of notification: email
TMDSAS mail-out date: first week of June
Application received date/s: ???
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.6, 3.7 (3.9 for sophomore and junior year)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23,22,22,24. Nothing below 20

Worked avg 20hrs/week throughout college. Asian. 150+ hours shadowing, rec letter from volunteer supervisor (volunteered @ dental clinic for 4 years straight ~300 hours). Lots of other stuff.

Acceptanced to all. Baylor cause I wanted best clinical experience.
:thumbup:

Ok, I haven't had (and won't have) time to completely update my spreadsheet with all the interviews/acceptances from last year. So I present it to you as-is. It's missing invites, interviews, and no acceptance info was ever completed, but it should give you a decent idea of how things went down in last years TMDSAS thread for class of 2020.

I've removed usernames in case anyone is sensitive to that. If you "recognize" your stats and want them removed for whatever reason don't hesitate to let me know.

May the anxiety be ever with you!

*see the attached*

Attachments

• SDN Dental Interviews CO 2020.xlsx
    17 KB · Views: 188
Ok, I haven't had (and won't have) time to completely update my spreadsheet with all the interviews/acceptances from last year. So I present it to you as-is. It's missing invites, interviews, and no acceptance info was ever completed, but it should give you a decent idea of how things went down in last years TMDSAS thread for class of 2020.

I've removed usernames in case anyone is sensitive to that. If you "recognize" your stats and want them removed for whatever reason don't hesitate to let me know.

*see the attached*
Awesome! Thanks for this! @EasTexan!
:thumbup:

just throwing this out there, are oosers subjected to much later interview dates than in staters? (specifically Baylor)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

*see the attached*
Wow. Thanks for putting in your work and time to put this together @EasTexan . Very cool of you.:)

*see the attached*
The stats for the early interview invites are outrageous. It's cool i dont mind working at mcds forever, at least i get 3 free dollar menu items every 8 hours

Reactions: 7 users
Off topic question I would really like some opinions on.

I'm in two summer classes right now and I'm not doing too hot. If I got a C and a B, would they bring up my summer classes in an interview? Or would I be able to just not update them until final transcripts are due? I really want to go to Baylor so any specific advice about them is really appreciated, but I also want to know about the rest too.

I know I read somewhere that they make you wrote down all of your classes, so I'm just curious about how it all works.

Ogpa 3.81 sgpa 3.77 dat 21AA if it matters.

Thanks!

Off topic question I would really like some opinions on.

I'm in two summer classes right now and I'm not doing too hot. If I got a C and a B, would they bring up my summer classes in an interview? Or would I be able to just not update them until final transcripts are due? I really want to go to Baylor so any specific advice about them is really appreciated, but I also want to know about the rest too.

I know I read somewhere that they make you wrote down all of your classes, so I'm just curious about how it all works.

Ogpa 3.81 sgpa 3.77 dat 21AA if it matters.

Thanks!
I got a C in Physics and a couple of B's throughout undergrad and Dr. Miller didn't bring any of those things up during the A&M interview so I doubt she would mention it. Honestly none of the Texas schools really talked about grades or DAT scores that much. Dr. Miller mentioned my low QR but that was it. During the interview they're really just trying to get a feel of how you are as a person.

has anyone had any interview yet so far?

I just received one from Baylor!!!

Reactions: 7 users
We should just all expect all the Texas dental schools to first interview applicants with super competitive numbers
Precisely. As time goes on the stats for interviews get lower and lower.
So no one freak out yet.

Precisely. As time goes on the stats for interviews get lower and lower.
So no one freak out yet.
Would you say date of submission has a factor as well or not really?

Received one from Baylor too! in my junk mail ...

Reactions: 2 users
Would you say date of submission has a factor as well or not really?
Nope not really. One dude last cycle submitted before me and with higher stats and got Post-December interviews at Houston and UTHSCSA. while I got Pre-December interviews at both.

Do you mind sharing your stats?
Wow never thought someone would ask me lol
sGPA 3.89 oGPA 3.68
21 AA 22 TS 25 PAT
100 volunteer hours
40 shadowing hours
and a kick ass PS (i like to think so)

Oh also. When ya'll get interview invites can you use this format?
School:
Notification date:
Interview date:
Residency:
Method of notification:
TMDSAS mail-out date:
Application received date:
GPA (bcpm, overall):
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):

Just to help everyone out and so they wont bug yall about your stats/dates every 5 mins lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
1st!
School: Baylor A&M
Notification date: 7/22
Interview date: 8/26
Method of notification: Email
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/21
Application received date: 6/24
GPA (bcpm, overall): oGPA 3.68 sGPA 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/25/19/none

Reactions: 3 users
Oh also. When ya'll get interview invites can you use this format?
School:
Notification date:
Interview date:
Method of notification:
TMDSAS mail-out date:
Application received date:
GPA (bcpm, overall):
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):

Just to help everyone out and so they wont bug yall about your stats/dates every 5 mins lol.
Thank you. That was an awesome idea!!

Is it normal if I haven't received any email to notify that my application is received? I submitted mine on 07/01

Is it normal if I haven't received any email to notify that my application is received? I submitted mine on 07/01
Has your app finished processing?
Last year I never received an email notification that UTHSCSA got my app, but surely enough they had it.

Hey, just a heads up...this is a dental forum, so some of this info may not apply to your situation. Best of luck!

Has your app finished processing?
Last year I never received an email notification that UTHSCSA got my app, but surely enough they had it.
I guess it's in the process bc TMDSAS posted that they're processing application submitted on 07/01.

Posting for wife's sister:
Baylor interview invite: 7/22 for Aug 19th
GPA: 4.0/4.0
DAT: 24AA

Baylor A&M interview invite: 7/22
turned in application: 6/3
Interview date: 8/26
G.P.A: 3.69/ sGPA: 3.53
DAT: 21 AA, PA/QR/RC/TS: 20/20/20/22

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, just a heads up...this is a dental forum, so some of this info may not apply to your situation. Best of luck!
???? I thought I was talking about my DENTAL application process just like everyone else was. Not to be offended, but I don't see why my question doesn't belong to this forum.

When's everyone's interview dates? For the first round of invites, do y'all know how they decide what days in August everyone goes? Is it alphabetical order of what? Just curious lol

???? I thought I was talking about my DENTAL application process just like everyone else was. Not to be offended, but I don't see why my question doesn't belong to this forum.

Dude, I was just trying to help. Your status says "Pre-Medical."