*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
They haven't forgotten about y'all I promise :)
Can I just say how awesome you and everyone else who are here to pretty much virtually hold our hands through this?! :love::soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
Can I just say how awesome you and everyone else who are here to pretty much virtually hold our hands through this?! :love::soexcited:
I needed my own personal therapist last cycle so y'all are holding up pretty well IMO. :laugh:

Here's another Q:
Will TMDSAS update like AADSAS does where it says "Application Complete" or "Under Review" ? Or will it always just say "Transmitted to Schools" ?
Just curious since it's weird they're so different..

Reactions: 1 users
My dentist is taking her sweet ol' time sending in her LOR, I've sent 3 emails already, I'm honestly about to lose my s*** :boom:

Reactions: 1 user
Here's another Q:
Will TMDSAS update like AADSAS does where it says "Application Complete" or "Under Review" ? Or will it always just say "Transmitted to Schools" ?
Just curious since it's weird they're so different..
They will just say transmitted to schools. After that TMDSAS doesn't send you anything else. They do send reminders to update transcripts at the end of the semester though.

This wait is starting to get to me now... good thing school starts soon, so hopefully I'll be too busy to check my phone non-stop for emails :D

Reactions: 2 users
congrats!..when did you apply and when did san antonio get your application ?

My app was transmitted to all 3 schools on June 20th and San Antonio got it the 29th

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
2nd
School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 8/15
Interview date: 8/30
Method of notification: E.mail
TMDSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Application received date/s: 7/25
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.62/3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/22/none

Now I await San Antonio, fingers crossed.

2nd

Heck, I just want one of the schools to look at me lol.
Congrats!

Like two weeks late lol. But I got my first one two weeks ago. Still waiting on Houston and San Antonio

1st
School: Texas A&M
Notification date: 8/1
Interview date: 9/2
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application received date/s: 6/20 (My LORs came in so late though, on 7/18)
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.89/3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/17/20/none

2nd

We've got the same Houston interview!

Also I was just at San Antonio, we were the first group and they said they were just getting started, so no stress necessary there.

P.s. San Antonio is even nicer than I thought, it made a choice between schools even more difficult (assuming I can get accepted to them lol).

Also I was just at San Antonio, we were the first group and they said they were just getting started, so no stress necessary there.

P.s. San Antonio is even nicer than I thought, it made a choice between schools even more difficult (assuming I can get accepted to them lol).

How was your interview? Did they ask any crazy questions that you weren't expecting? Btw, congrats on your Houston interview

Congrats everyone on your interviews!

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for my DAT scores to process. I took it at the end of July (27th), and ADA sent my scores to schools 8/10. Interestingly when I called TMDSAS, they said they didn't receive it yet? How long did it take from ADA delivery to TMDSAS profile update for you guys?

Congrats everyone on your interviews!

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for my DAT scores to process. I took it at the end of July (27th), and ADA sent my scores to schools 8/10. Interestingly when I called TMDSAS, they said they didn't receive it yet? How long did it take from ADA delivery to TMDSAS profile update for you guys?

Mine took about 2-3 weeks. But I believe you can fax the raw score to Texas A&M.

How was your interview? Did they ask any crazy questions that you weren't expecting? Btw, congrats on your Houston interview

It was really, really chill. I know you've probably heard how the students are angry, or that they don't get along with staff. From what I saw that couldn't be further than the truth, everyone was super super nice.

The facilities are amazing, like wow. The interviews were really relaxed, they asked like pretty general questions, "where do you see yourself in 5 years, would you serve an underserved area, how do you de-stress. What do you do for fun, where do you see yourself fitting into the class"

Thanks btw!

It was really, really chill. I know you've probably heard how the students are angry, or that they don't get along with staff. From what I saw that couldn't be further than the truth, everyone was super super nice.

The facilities are amazing, like wow. The interviews were really relaxed, they asked like pretty general questions, "where do you see yourself in 5 years, would you serve an underserved area, how do you de-stress. What do you do for fun, where do you see yourself fitting into the class"

Thanks btw!

Awesome. Thank you for info! Hopefully, I can use your info for my future interview at San Antonio.( only if they invite me)

Awesome. Thank you for info! Hopefully, I can use your info for my future interview at San Antonio.( only if they invite me)

Like I said, it's still early!

Also something I forgot to mention, they're apparently changing their curriculum pretty drastically, and it sounds pretty cool. They're going to do away with basic sciences and instead go for a more applied teaching style.

Reactions: 3 users
Like I said, it's still early!

Also something I forgot to mention, they're apparently changing their curriculum pretty drastically, and it sounds pretty cool. They're going to do away with basic sciences and instead go for a more applied teaching style.
I wonder how that's going to work.

I wonder how that's going to work.

I apologize for giving a vague/bad description of what they were talking about.

Basically they were saying that a lot of their students were finding the introduction to clinicals to be a huge leap forward after doing two years of basically regular science classes, so now they want everything to be applied. So now it will be like an earlier introduction to clinical work.

Also they said it will help prepare their students for the future boards that are coming through, which will apparently have a more applied form of testing? Idk exactly! Sorry

I apologize for giving a vague/bad description of what they were talking about.

Basically they were saying that a lot of their students were finding the introduction to clinicals to be a huge leap forward after doing two years of basically regular science classes, so now they want everything to be applied. So now it will be like an earlier introduction to clinical work.

Also they said it will help prepare their students for the future boards that are coming through, which will apparently have a more applied form of testing? Idk exactly! Sorry
Oh ok I see. ;)

Yeah, this is our first week. :thumbup::thumbup:

I hope your interview at UTHSCSA went well. It's a really great program.

Oh ok I see. ;)

Yeah, this is our first week. :thumbup::thumbup:

I hope your interview at UTHSCSA went well. It's a really great program.

If you don't mind me asking, what set it apart from the other Texas schools in your opinion? And what I'd yalls curriculum like? If you're too busy to go into depth I'll understand!

If you don't mind me asking, what set it apart from the other Texas schools in your opinion? And what I'd yalls curriculum like? If you're too busy to go into depth I'll understand!
It's fine. I really don't feel like studying for this dental anatomy quiz anyway :laugh:.
Honestly the main reason I chose A&M was for the $. We are also know for our strenuous lab work and rigorous clinical experience.
Our school also has a good reputation in the Dallas area. D3s and D4s never have to go looking for patients to treat which is definitely a good thing not to have to worry about. Apparently the students here also like to party (Orientation week was a good indication of that). :laugh:

Here's our 4 year curriculum. I think this is up to date.
http://catalog.tamu.edu/graduate/co...nterdepartmental/dds/#programrequirementstext

Reactions: 3 users

Awesome! I'll try to guess who you are when we get there , lol . And congrats on San Antonio!!!

It's fine. I really don't feel like studying for this dental anatomy quiz anyway :laugh:.
Honestly the main reason I chose A&M was for the $. We are also know for our strenuous lab work and rigorous clinical experience.
Our school also has a good reputation in the Dallas area. D3s and D4s never have to go looking for patients to treat which is definitely a good thing not to have to worry about. Apparently the students here also like to party (Orientation week was a good indication of that). :laugh:

Here's our 4 year curriculum. I think this is up to date.
http://catalog.tamu.edu/graduate/co...nterdepartmental/dds/#programrequirementstext
A&M is my top choice of the three dental school and they were the first to extend an interview. I'm so nervous about messing up because I'm bad at interviews. I really wish it was the 2nd interview I had because then I'd be less nervous. I reallllly want to go here because of the clinical experience and lab work they have , that's what got my eye in the first place.

A&M is my top choice of the three dental school and they were the first to extend an interview. I'm so nervous about messing up because I'm bad at interviews. I really wish it was the 2nd interview I had because then I'd be less nervous. I reallllly want to go here because of the clinical experience and lab work they have , that's what got my eye in the first place.
Yeah we definitely have that here. I wouldn't worry too much. They were my first interview last cycle but it went really well. Just be yourself and you will be fine.
:thumbup:

Before I went I had heard that San Antonio was the most stressful of the three, and it was really lowkey. As long as you have decent
Yeah we definitely have that here. I wouldn't worry too much. They were my first interview last cycle but it went really well. Just be yourself and you will be fine.
:thumbup:

Thanks for replying earlier

A&M is my top choice before interviewing too, and I don't want to be conceited and assume I'll get accepted, but I think as long as the facilities and technology is at least close to San Antonio I'll go there, otherwise idk :/

Did you feel like it was hard to ask questions to dental students and interact with them with 15 other students?
Sorry I didn't see this, well when I was there, there were only 9 of us (they told us that they will start w/ 16 per group the next week) but it wasn't very hard at all to interact with them. If I remember correctly we were outnumbered by the amount of dental students and I got some very good information from 4 of them personally.

Hey Advance, have y'all been told anything about the new building going up for TAMUCD?
Hey! All I know is that it will be finished after I graduate. So I won't be able to enjoy it. It should be open by the time y'all are D4s though.

Hey! All I know is that it will be finished after I graduate. So I won't be able to enjoy it. It should be open by the time y'all are D4s though.

Darn. That's unfortunate lol. How are y'alls facilities now? I know there a little older but are they still alright?

Darn. That's unfortunate lol. How are y'alls facilities now? I know there a little older but are they still alright?
Remember San Antonio's old facilities? It's similar to that except I think ours are a little nicer IMO.

Sorry I didn't see this, well when I was there, there were only 9 of us (they told us that they will start w/ 16 per group the next week) but it wasn't very hard at all to interact with them. If I remember correctly we were outnumbered by the amount of dental students and I got some very good information from 4 of them personally.

Perfect thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

DS1 at UTHSCSA - I'll be studying for histo all weekend and if anyone has questions, I will be happy to answer them.