*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Which ones? How much will it cost you if you don't mind me asking.

I want to but its gonna over 500 and I can't afford that so I hope texas likes me enough :(
Tufts, UNE, Penn, loma linda, Creighton, Buffalo. Went some safety but also places I like (Boston, Omaha).

Cost me $725 and that's before secondaries. Idk, I don't like debt but this is one thing I'm willing to put on the credit card. Especially an airline rewards card I can then use for interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
So my committee packet is in and it says date received and my name next to it, but my dentist letter says NOT RECEIVED, even though it was sent with my packet. How long does it take to get seen and imputed as received? Or do I need to specify somehow (i thought i already did)?

I am applying OOS this cycle (but was born in Texas). Do you think that will help at all? Also, I was working through my planned activities section and wasn't sure if I should include ongoing activities already listed in the previous sections? I really appreciate any help y'all can offer and good luck to you all :)

I am applying OOS this cycle (but was born in Texas). Do you think that will help at all? Also, I was working through my planned activities section and wasn't sure if I should include ongoing activities already listed in the previous sections? I really appreciate any help y'all can offer and good luck to you all :)
I included my ongoing activitites from previous sections, infact i think most of planned activities are also in previous sections!

Reactions: 1 users
So my committee packet is in and it says date received and my name next to it, but my dentist letter says NOT RECEIVED, even though it was sent with my packet. How long does it take to get seen and imputed as received? Or do I need to specify somehow (i thought i already did)?
Mine is the same! Also wondering this, I think they take like a week to update the dentist letter, probably

Won't help at all IMO.

And yeah, my planned section was essentially a continuation of my previous activities.

Members don't see this ad :)
So i looked at my application in PDF form and on the letter of evaluation it says method of sending will be committee packet, but the dentist method of sending will be individual... even though it was sent along with my committee packet and on the Letter of Evaluation section on app i chose that my Practicing Dentist Letter will be included with HP Committee Packet. Anyone else have this? Should I contact them?

Will we be able to see our TMDSAS calculated GPA on the app, or is this something we have to calculate for our own records?
After your app is done processing I think your GPA info will become available.

Anyone have all documents in, paid, and processed? Or even sent?

I have all documents in and submitted last friday! They are about 11 days behind on apps....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I have all documents in and submitted last friday! They are about 11 days behind on apps....

Yeah I was going through last years thread and some apps were sent out 6/11 and some schools even emailed saying they received them mid june!

Yeah I was going through last years thread and some apps were sent out 6/11 and some schools even emailed saying they received them mid june!
I got my email from SA a few weeks ago. Got the one from Baylor a week before that.

I have everything submitted besides my DAT score & individual dentist letter. I sent the dentist that I have been shadowing for 1.5 years the tmdsas email, but no response from her. I sent a reminder email on june 3rd to tell her to include my TMDSAS ID and an official letterhead. I dont know what to do, she is very friendly and we are even fb friends. She has little kids and school is out, so she maybe busy with them. I know that I should not be too paranoid since its only mid June, but I am anxious now...

I got my email from SA a few weeks ago. Got the one from Baylor a week before that.

How long after submitting did you get the emails? Or how long after TMDSAS sent your app to the schools?

When did you apply?
I've had everything in for a week now but it says that it hasn't been sent to schools!

Has anyone heard from Houston saying that they got your app? I submitted mine a while back and only heard from Baylor and San Antonio. Thought its weird that Houston hasn't said they've received it.

How long after submitting did you get the emails? Or how long after TMDSAS sent your app to the schools?

I submitted first week of may, Tmdsas sent out my app a day later, then I got the email from Baylor around a week after that with San Antonio a week later or so.

Has anyone heard from Houston saying that they got your app? I submitted mine a while back and only heard from Baylor and San Antonio. Thought its weird that Houston hasn't said they've received it.
Yeah, still no word for me either. Given that the other schools have emailed, I'm not worried.

Have y'all started the AADSAS one yet?
I think I'll start that after my DAT on the 30th.. I have everything ready pretty much.
Hey I submitted my AADSAS June 4 .. It takes 4-6 weeks to verify your gpa and I'm going to be taking my DAT in 5 weeks. So you should definitely submit it ASAP and then upload your unofficial DAT scores. Hope this helps :)

Hey I submitted my AADSAS June 4 .. It takes 4-6 weeks to verify your gpa and I'm going to be taking my DAT in 5 weeks. So you should definitely submit it ASAP and then upload your unofficial DAT scores. Hope this helps :)

Thanks!
5 weeks? Isn't that a little late for Texas Since it takes 2-3 weeks for scores to process?

Thanks!
5 weeks? Isn't that a little late for Texas Since it takes 2-3 weeks for scores to process?
Hey, sorry for any confusion. I believe I said I was taking my DAT in 5 weeks! AADSAS lets you upload unofficial scores the minute you get them. Not sure about TMDSAS. I know this is a TMDSAS thread but I saw your AADSAS question so just addressing that. But, you are correct - it takes 2 weeks for your DAT official scores to be received and added!

Hey, sorry for any confusion. I believe I said I was taking my DAT in 5 weeks! AADSAS lets you upload unofficial scores the minute you get them. Not sure about TMDSAS. I know this is a TMDSAS thread but I saw your AADSAS question so just addressing that. But, you are correct - it takes 2 weeks for your DAT official scores to be received and added!

Oh np!
Would you still be considered early if you take your DAT towards the end of july? I take mines in 14 days and I'm not sure if I should push it back further :/

Yup. For reapplicants, your GPA will stay the same until they finish processing your new grades too

Last edited:
Hey, is it bad if I copy and paste my PS from AADSAS and put it in the BCD app? This is what they say "For those applicants who apply through AADSAS, you may copy your AADSAS essay and paste it in our application or write a new essay. However, please note that we do read through our app before reading AADSAS". Is it bad to copy and paste them?

Hey, is it bad if I copy and paste my PS from AADSAS and put it in the BCD app? This is what they say "For those applicants who apply through AADSAS, you may copy your AADSAS essay and paste it in our application or write a new essay. However, please note that we do read through our app before reading AADSAS". Is it bad to copy and paste them?
Hmm I really can't say. I didn't apply to BCD through AADSAS. The only extra essay that I had to do was the disadvantaged one, and it was optional.
I'm sure if they say you're allowed to copy it will be fine.

Hmm I really can't say. I didn't apply to BCD through AADSAS. The only extra essay that I had to do was the disadvantaged one, and it was optional.
I'm sure if they say you're allowed to copy it will be fine.

I am considering moving my DAT from June 30th to July 14th. An extra two weeks. My application was submitted 10 days ago.
Would this be a bad decision? I just feel like an extra 2 weeks could very well be just what I needed.

Not a bad decision. Take the extra time.

Somehow, I knew you were online! lol

So you don't think I'll be considered "late"? Tbh, I still don't know what that truly means. As long as you submit your app before August right?

Somehow, I knew you were online! lol

So you don't think I'll be considered "late"? Tbh, I still don't know what that truly means. As long as you submit your app before August right?

Can't sleep. Summer class exam within 48 hours....cramming...Needed a study break.

My sixth sense told me that you needed my help, so here I am.

You won't be late. Take it when you feel ready. Make the most out of the extra time. Destroy it, and then enjoy getting into dental school.

Can't sleep. Summer class exam within 48 hours....cramming...Needed a study break.
My sixth sense told me that you needed my help, so here I am.

You won't be late. Take it when you feel ready. Make the most out of the extra time. Destroy it, and then enjoy getting into dental school.

Nice talent you got there!
Thanks again brother.

for those applying to TMDSAS and AADSAS, did you use the same essay you wrote for the main essay prompt in TMDSAS and the personal statement in aadsas? I'm considering applying out of state too but honestly don't want to write another essay.

for those applying to TMDSAS and AADSAS, did you use the same essay you wrote for the main essay prompt in TMDSAS and the personal statement in aadsas? I'm considering applying out of state too but honestly don't want to write another essay.

I believe the AADSAS has a character limit of 4500. 500 less than that of TMDSAS. :/

I used the same one but took off a few sentences for AADSAS and it was fine!

Question - Would e-submitting right now through tmdsas be considered early or late?