TMDSAS evaluation letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baileyy259

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see on the website that I need two individual letters and one optional letter. I always thought it was two science prof and one dentist. Would I be okay to submit one professor (genetics), one dentist, and my boss?

Also- is three really the maximum?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I see on the website that I need two individual letters and one optional letter. I always thought it was two science prof and one dentist. Would I be okay to submit one professor (genetics), one dentist, and my boss?

Also- is three really the maximum?

Thank you in advance!
Your boss? What's your job?

"It is recommended that your evaluators be current/former professors that can speak to your academic ability in the sciences."-TMDSAS

Extra Letters

TMDSAS will forward one letter in addition to the required letters. You will indicate in the application if you are submitting an extra letter and the name of the evaluator writing the extra letter.

If you indicate that you are submitting an extra letter, many schools will not consider your file complete until both the required letters and extra letter are received.

Other additional letters may be sent directly to the schools, but applicants will need to contact each school to verify if additional letters will be accepted.
https://www.tmdsas.com/dental/application-instructions.html#eval_letters

For dental applicants, it is 4 LOEs max.

"TWO individual letters of evaluation

PLUS

Texas A&M University - Baylor College of Dentistry and UT Dental Branch at Houston applicants must submit an additional evaluation letter from a practicing dentist."

So, 2 professor letters (recommended), 1 dentist letter, and 1 optional (4th) letter.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For dental applicants, it is 4 LOEs max.

"TWO individual letters of evaluation

PLUS

Texas A&M University - Baylor College of Dentistry and UT Dental Branch at Houston applicants must submit an additional evaluation letter from a practicing dentist."

So, 2 professor letters (recommended), 1 dentist letter, and 1 optional (4th) letter.

I was just wondering about this! Thanks!
This time around, I plan on sending a 4th letter from the place I volunteer at.

Your boss? What's your job?

"It is recommended that your evaluators be current/former professors that can speak to your academic ability in the sciences."-TMDSAS

Extra Letters

TMDSAS will forward one letter in addition to the required letters. You will indicate in the application if you are submitting an extra letter and the name of the evaluator writing the extra letter.

If you indicate that you are submitting an extra letter, many schools will not consider your file complete until both the required letters and extra letter are received.

Other additional letters may be sent directly to the schools, but applicants will need to contact each school to verify if additional letters will be accepted.
https://www.tmdsas.com/dental/application-instructions.html#eval_letters

I have worked my whole college career to pay for it so my boss would be a great way to show that relationship. She would also be my strongest.

I saw they have a questionnaire too. Do the LOR writers have to fill one out? Or is it just an optional thing?