TMDSAS Submission Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
In years past, the TMDSAS application has opened on May 1 but you were not able to submit it on June 1. However, after speaking with several admissions departments, and looking at the TMDSAS website (http://tmdsas.com), it seems like you are now able to submit on May 1. "Entry year 2016 application becomes available at 8:00 AM (Central Time)." Can anyone clarify this for me?
From http://tmdsas.com/deadlines.html
Spring 2015 grades (or winter 2015 grades if on a quarter system) must be reported on your application before you can submit your application. If you did not take Spring 2015 coursework, you can submit as early as May 1st.

Although you may be tempted to rush through the application and submit on May 1st, we strongly advise you to take your time and ensure that your application is complete and accurate before submitting.
If you're in the middle of a term, you can't submit until you know the grades you've earned.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Since some applicants will submit May 1st, and TMDSAS opens a full month ahead of AMCAS, could the mods create 2015-2016 threads for the Texas schools a little earlier this year? (the 2014-2015 threads were all created at the very end of May), could be helpful to those applying to TX schools! Thanks! @Winged Scapula @Ismet @QofQuimica @Bacchus @sector9 & other mods

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From my understanding, you can only start entering info on May1st right? Unlike AMCAS where you can start filling stuff in but not actually turn it in until june 1st?
That's my understanding also. If you click the link I provided, there's a warning about submitting it too quickly, for those current non-students eligible to do so.

Since some applicants will submit May 1st, and TMDSAS opens a full month ahead of AMCAS, could the mods create 2015-2016 threads for the Texas schools a little earlier this year? (the 2014-2015 threads were all created at the very end of May), could be helpful to those applying to TX schools! Thanks! @Ismet @QofQuimica @Bacchus @sector9 & other mods

I second this.

I also just realized the submission date was an actual submission on May 1 and not the way it had been before - does this mean I should have my school send my transcripts now? I graduated in December so I don't have any Spring grade constrictions.

I'm applying this year, so someone more seasoned can correct me if I'm wrong, but no, do not have your transcripts sent now. This is from TMDSAS:
Do not have any supplemental materials sent to TMDSAS until you have completed the [Colleges Attended] and [Letters of Evaluation] sections. Placeholders for these documents are created when you complete each section.

You can't complete those sections until May 1st, so you shouldn't send transcripts or letters until then.

Source: https://www.tmdsas.com/medical/application-instructions.html

Reactions: 1 user