[to: "canadian" applicants]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heko10502

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Dear Fellow Canadian Applicants,

I find that we are in a little bit of a different situation in a sense that we are pooled differently; "international students".

To get a better sense of where we are standing, I'm wondering how everyone's interview invites have been so far.

I will disclose mine first.

Applied to: Buffalo, UPENN, Detroit Mercy, Case Western, Michigan
Interview Invites thus far: Detroit Mercy (August/31), Case Western (August/31)

AADSAS mailed out date: August/9/2013

cGPA 3.82 sGPA 3.78
DAT AA 21 TS 21 PA 20

Members don't see this ad.

We are not considered international for private schools though. Right?

Applied: Buffalo, Temple, NYU, Case, Boston, UPenn, Louisville, UNE, Rutgers, Minnesota, UNC, Houston, San Antonio, UPacific, UCSF, USC
Interviews: NONE

GPA: 3.64, sGPA: 3.68, BCP: 3.70
DAT: 21/22/19/18/21
3rd batch

FML :/

Applied: Buffalo, Temple, NYU, Case, Boston, Penn, Columbia, UOP, Minnesota, USC, Detroit, Nova, few more I can't recall.
Interviews: Detroit, Nova, Boston

GPA: 3.71, 3.75
DAT: 20/20/20/20
First batch

Members don't see this ad :)
~3.8
24/26/22

I've received a couple of interviews. But given that my first choice was the first to contact me, everything after that was just icing.

edit: 2nd batch

Applied: Buffalo, Temple, NYU, Case, Boston, UPenn, Louisville, UNE, Rutgers, Minnesota, UNC, Houston, San Antonio, UPacific, UCSF, USC

3rd batch

I'm pretty sure we're in a different pool for consideration still.

I called a few schools (private mostly) and they just told me that the canadians are just considered oos, my second time applying because last cycle was just an embarrasment and my application was complete in december..... had no idea about sdn and how things worked, ****ting bricks right now because no invites so far, and Midwestern Arizona put me on hold

Applied: Mid Arizona, Mid Illinois, Western U, Howard, Temple, NYU, Case, Boston, UPenn, UPacific,

GPA: 3.4, sGPA: 3.3,
DAT: aa21/ ts 21/ pa 27
5th batch

I swear. I sometimes think these people aren't even aware of schools like USask and UManitoba, UCalgary lol. Reason I say that is a couple of schools asked for international documentation for me until I cleared up the situation with them that I was a Canadian applicant and then they said never mind for documentations.

I called a few schools (private mostly) and they just told me that the canadians are just considered oos, my second time applying because last cycle was just an embarrasment and my application was complete in december..... had no idea about sdn and how things worked, ****ting bricks right now because no invites so far, and Midwestern Arizona put me on hold

Applied: Mid Arizona, Mid Illinois, Western U, Howard, Temple, NYU, Case, Boston, UPenn, UPacific,

GPA: 3.4, sGPA: 3.3,
DAT: aa21/ ts 21/ pa 27
5th batch

Applied to:
NYU, BU, CASE, TEMP, USC, UDM, MIN, PENN, UOP

3.1 gpa, 3.1sgpa

2nd time applying to dental schools, but this time with an american dat.
23aa/25ts/25pat/19rc.

If none of you guys got an interview, my chances are prob slim to none then. sigh

Applied to:
NYU, BU, CASE, TEMP, USC, UDM, MIN, PENN, UOP

3.1 gpa, 3.1sgpa

2nd time applying to dental schools, but this time with an american dat.
23aa/25ts/25pat/19rc.

If none of you guys got an interview, my chances are prob slim to none then. sigh

Let's all meet up in Sydney ha

Did you take the American dat or the Canadian one??

3rd batch

how do you know which batch of application you are in??
thanks for answering so quickly lol

No worries, I have no classes today so sitting on my lazy bum at home today. Basically I think 6/28 is first batch. So every week you add onto that, you are in the subsequent batch (ie. 7/05= 2nd batch, 7/12= 3rd batch, 7/19= 4th and so on)

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright! Thank you! I just wrote my american dat in vancouver 2 weeks ago, but my marks are still not updated on aadsas. Im getting frustrated!

Hello fellow Canucks!

I applied to 11 schools:
UCSF, UoP, BU, UNE, UDM, MIN, NYU, BUF, CASE, TEMP, and PENN

and so far received interviews from UDM and NYU.

3rd batch
BCP: 3.35 sGPA: 3.43 cGPA: 3.44
22/20/25/23 (AA/TS/PAT/RC)

Another Canadian applicant here.
Dying for another invites : (

so... I JUST received an email from UCSF saying that supplemental is incomplete and that I have to hand in

International Transcripts
Credential Evaluation
Course Descriptions

I thought I didn't have to do this as a Canadian student?

so... I JUST received an email from UCSF saying that supplemental is incomplete and that I have to hand in

International Transcripts
Credential Evaluation
Course Descriptions

I thought I didn't have to do this as a Canadian student?

They sent me the exact same email and you just had to call them to confirm that you are a Canadian applicant (but email them also so that you have written records) and they will give you full application complete email after.

They sent me the exact same email and you just had to call them to confirm that you are a Canadian applicant (but email them also so that you have written records) and they will give you full application complete email after.

ugh, such a hassle. That's another two weeks gone without my application getting a look.

So apparently UCSF only accepted 1 international student last year, and when I asked them if Canadians fall under the "international" or "OOS" category, I was told that Canadians are internationals...

I kinda figured this was going to be an uphill battle to start from.

Just to give you an idea of our stance from the "admission office" point of view...they stated that approximately 15 - 25 international students every year will be invited for interviews.* And they will have 10 - 15 international students attend our program. So I'm guessing that this means that if you get an interview, you are pretty much set.

P.S. please be mindful that this is solely based on a response from one specific private institution.

Cheers and lets keep our fingers crossed fellow Canadians.

Canadian applicant. DAT TS 21/ AA 21/ PAT 19

Interviews: Minnesota, Midwestern-IL, Midwestern-AZ, UDM, Boston, UOP, UTHSC, NOVA

Canadian applicant. DAT TS 21/ AA 21/ PAT 19

Interviews: Minnesota, Midwestern-IL, Midwestern-AZ, UDM, Boston, UOP, UTHSC, NOVA

what is your gpa and major if you don't mind me asking?!

No, but I will be next year if I don't get in anywhere this year.

On another note, I am wondering how many guys are applying from Ontario/East Coast and how many are applying from Alberta/BC/Sask/Manitoba? I know I made a thread on this a long time ago but I am sure there are more Canadians on this site now

Do you mind sharing your stats?

sGPA 3.76 oGPA 3.74
DAT AA/TS/PAT/Reading/below 17: 21/23/21/17/none
AADSAS mail out: 09/27

Extremely surprised that they processed my file over the weekend pretty much.

It took about 2 1/2 weeks for my dat scores to be uploaded onto aadsas!
How did you do btw?! if you don't mind sharing your scores!

sGPA 3.76 oGPA 3.74
DAT AA/TS/PAT/Reading/below 17: 21/23/21/17/none
AADSAS mail out: 09/27

Extremely surprised that they processed my file over the weekend pretty much.

wow i guess they just threw my app on the floor and spit on it once they saw urs lol, i have same dat but lower gpa and applied 5th batch, crazy how the system works

wow i guess they just threw my app on the floor and spit on it once they saw urs lol, i have same dat but lower gpa and applied 5th batch, crazy how the system works

I think they preview applications. Remember when you filled your AADSAS they would ask what you want to appear on your cover page. IMO, once the school gets the application they quickly skim through the cover page and if it does not intrigue them it goes through the batch ordering. I guess I had something on there that they liked right of the start. I don't think you should worry about it just yet. There are still pre-Dec interviews, the receptionist gave me a lot of options to choose from.

Just got an email invite from UDM, they accept a decent amount of canadians, any of you guys have an interview with them already??

Reactions: 1 users