To Delay or Not Delay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nontradnyc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
NBME form 12 this past Friday - 192
NBME form 13 today - 207

The real deal exam is this Friday.

What say you all, if you have any knowledge on how best to proceed? I'm leaning towards taking the beast. I had taken a 2 week hiatus from questions on the day I took NBME form 12, so thinking the score is lower because of that. I exclusively did Uworld incorrects (6-8 sets a day) between forms 12 and 13 to get my score up. If anyone has compelling reason to think that I may fail this thing, I would be very grateful. I have heard +/- 10 points from your latest NBME is one popular thought, but there are so many 'score predictors' on the web and what not that I don't know who/what to believe.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My school says anything below a 200 is a definite delay, 200-205 is mehhh, and anything above, you should be okay. Your last score is 15 points above passing. But then again, the number of exams you took (n = 2) is quite small. Any harm in delaying?

I think I'll take another test today and see how it goes. If I delayed more I would have to have my whole 3rd year schedule re-made at a different hospital, and I've already delayed it for a few months.

Definitely take a practice exam. Above 205, and I would just go for it, especially if you've been preparing for a few months. If there's no harm in delaying though, I would personally delay.

Definitely take a practice exam. Above 205, and I would just go for it, especially if you've been preparing for a few months. If there's no harm in delaying though, I would personally delay.
I took nbme form 18 and got a 198. I moved my exam to June 16th

Reactions: 1 user