To My Fellow DO Colleagues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbacpremed87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How was the neuro match this year, especially those trying to match into ACGME Neuro programs.

Members don't see this ad.

I know some folks matching at legit university programs, but mostly Midwest and South. Looks like neuro was more competitive this year (as were a few others including psych). People are figuring out that the nervous system is where it's at.

Neurology is becoming gradually more competitive, but it's still not so competitive that DOs won't be able to match well. I would apply broadly in general, if possible, so you can have your options open. I'm an MD, but I know many DOs who match very well. It's all about what you look like on paper.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know VCOM matched a few this year. Child Neuro to Georgetown, Wake Forest (again they did so last year as well,), and VCU.

Can anyone list programs that do not require USMLE? Much appreciated.

How was the neuro match this year, especially those trying to match into ACGME Neuro programs.
I know 1 person at my school (UNECOM) is going to Brown and 1 is going to Boston Medical Center. They both took the USMLE, but still, pretty awesome.

Can anyone list programs that do not require USMLE? Much appreciated.
I've started going through the list to figure this out, most don't require it, so far these are the ones that do require it:
Boston Medical Center
University of Utah
University of Colorado
Yale
U Penn
University of Wisconsin
University of Rochester
Detroit medical center
Brigham and Womens
St. Louis School of Medicine
Washington University
Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
New York Presbyterian Hospital (Cornell)

So basically programs I wouldn't have gotten in anyways lol