To the students who applied D’Youville College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccerforever

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello OT's future,
I found out today that I have been accepted to the program at DYC in New York ,Buffalo :). If you are still waiting to hear from them, just call the graduate admission . Good luck guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats soccerforever. Will you be attending? I haven't heard anything yet!

I just submitted my application. Congrats by the way. Was there an interview process and did you submit a personal essay?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a phone call today and I got accepted too!! Im so happy! so this means we'll be classmates! =)

Dood I'm so sad. I called today and they STILL don't have anything for me! My application has been in the department for 3 weeks already.

Dood I'm so sad. I called today and they STILL don't have anything for me! My application has been in the department for 3 weeks already.
Do not discourage BruinOT, hopefully they will call you soon:)

Thank you soccerfoever! and BruinOT! Be positive they will answer you soon you! =) keep us updated!

Hello all D'Youville applicants :) . I too am applying to DYC...the only thing they are waiting on from me is my 2nd letter of rec. If I were to be accepted into the program, I would go without hesitation EXCEPT the cost is so much! How are all you D'Youville students paying?

I plan on just applying for loans/grants through FASFA and hoping for the best...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I sent mine in about a month ago. Does anyone know how many people will be in our cohort? ....Or, do they have a cohort style setup there?

Yeah, I sent mine in about a month ago. Does anyone know how many people will be in our cohort? ....Or, do they have a cohort style setup there?
Did you send it after you receive the acceptance letter direct? or you waited sometimes then you sent it?

I waited until I got the physical acceptance letter. It says in the letter that the deposit is $300.00.

I received the acceptance letter this past saturday so I am sending my deposit today.

How long does D'Youville give you after being accepted to decide whether or not you're going there?

Hi I have an email from D'Youville this morning and it's killing me!!! I am trying to intrepret this letter. It's a little misleading. Here is what the email said:
Thank you for making application to D'Youville College. One of the many reasons that set us apart from other institutions is the personal attention that you will receive throughout your studies here. Let me be the first to introduce you to the college. I will be the counselor handling your file helping to make your transition here as effortless as possible.

Your file will be reviewed and considered for acceptance once all documents have been received. All accepted students will be notified of their registration/orientation date which will take place prior to the actual semester start.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the application process please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number or email address listed below or I would be glad to meet with you personally. I look forward to working with you and assisting you in furthering your education.

Best regards,

Julie

Does this mean that I am in and that they need me to mail everything in before they can official accept me? A.K.A is this a provisional acceptance letter or are they just saying that I must mail in everything for them to review my file?

"Your file will be reviewed and considered for acceptance once all documents have been received." -- Your file hasn't been reviewed yet. They won't consider you until all of the supporting docs are in. This is the e-mail that they send to each applicant after they receive the application itself. I got the same one back in October. Good luck though I hope you get in!! I know D'Youville is rolling admissions but I have a friend who applied last year not until March and she was still accepted :) Just to add a little bit of encouragement!

I just found out that the only thing they are waiting on is my second letter of reference, which can be emailed to them!

I just found out that the only thing they are waiting on is my second letter of reference, which can be emailed to them!

Get it in ASAP! They have rolling admissions. Does anyone know when we will receive more information about when classes start, a possible orientations, etc. etc.? I received my acceptance letter, sent in the deposit, and have not heard anything since then. It makes me nervous!

Get it in ASAP! They have rolling admissions. Does anyone know when we will receive more information about when classes start, a possible orientations, etc. etc.? I received my acceptance letter, sent in the deposit, and have not heard anything since then. It makes me nervous!

Hi otdude,
The school just received my 2nd letter of reference and is ready for review. How soon can I hear back? Julie said possibly early January. But how long did it take for you guys to hear back? I hope it can be sooner than that!

I heard back within a month of them receiving all of my information. Good luck!

Did the school cash your deposit check? I sent mines in a week ago. Just wanna know so I can leave some money in the acct. I think all that is left for us to do is the health form, right?

Seems like everyone who posted on here got accepted! congrats all!!! Hope it will be my turn next. I'm still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did the school cash your deposit check? I sent mines in a week ago. Just wanna know so I can leave some money in the acct. I think all that is left for us to do is the health form, right?

Yes they cashed it already! and yes we still need to do the health form! By the way congrats on getting in! :)

Seems like everyone who posted on here got accepted! congrats all!!! Hope it will be my turn next. I'm still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks :) You should be receiving a response soon. It took them a month for them to let me know I was accepted. Good luck!

I am still waiting to hear...they called me mid-December to let me know they had all my documents and that I would hear from them in January. All of you who were accepted...do you mind sharing your stats?

I am still waiting to hear...they called me mid-December to let me know they had all my documents and that I would hear from them in January. All of you who were accepted...do you mind sharing your stats?

I am still waiting too!! I called in today and they told me to check back next week.

They told me that too so I guess I will call today

My overall gpa is 3.3
Pre-req gpa is 3.5

Hope you guys hear from them soon!! :)

Hi guys, I'm new to this thread and I'm still waiting like some of you. They received my documents 12/29/11, and on 1/6/12 I received an e-mail my application is complete waiting dept. review. I need to know already!! :)

Hi guys, I'm new to this thread and I'm still waiting like some of you. They received my documents 12/29/11, and on 1/6/12 I received an e-mail my application is complete waiting dept. review. I need to know already!! :)

Hi NYCOT! You will most likely hear from them the end of this month. They took about a month to let me know. They actually called me to notify me about my acceptance.
Good luck and keep us posted! :)

Thanks cOTgirl! I'll keep on the lookout for a 716 area code call, lol. Fingers and toes cross!!!

Hey guys. Looks like I won't wait around for D'Youville anymore. I got accepted to my first choice. Nova Southeastern University! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Congrats OT2b...I called D'Youville this afternoon...still waiting!!

Thanks and good luck to you all. I already emailed D'Youville to remove my application for Fall 2012 so that is one less applicant to compete against!

Hi everyone

I have been waiting to hear back from D'youville for a while now. They told me I would hear back from them early january. Since its almost the end of jan I decied to email them asking when I would be hearing about my accpetance or denial. I got an email this morning stating:

"Due to the number of students already accepted into the program for the fall 2012 semester the department is not reviewing any applications at this time. Your application is currently on hold...... "

I wish they would have informed me earlier. :(

Great I haven't heard back either...they'll probably say the same thing to me! Oh well it's super expensive so I don't know if I would have attended either way.