To those who got into UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dopaminesurge

My friends calls me Steve
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got in, but only after writing all 6 essays with an average of 4000 characters each. It was a pain-in-the-arse :thumbdown:

I was accepted in January (about a month after my interview), but I did the supplemental section. My answers weren't long, though--they ranged from 550 to 1700 characters, with most being around 900. Also, I only answered 5 of the 6 questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
It really is optional.. And the 6000 character limit is just so that you aren't limited. Don't feel obligated to fill it out. In fact, the dean of admission did not even know it was 6000 characters and just said that he didn't want to limit the applicants' answers.

Good luck!!

got in off the hold list after writing a letter of intent, and yes i did the supplemental section

i got in, and did all the optional questions, but didn't use up the allotted space. I guess the optional questions are really optional, but I didn’t want to chance it.

SanDiegoSOD said:
I got in, but only after writing all 6 essays with an average of 4000 characters each. It was a pain-in-the-arse :thumbdown:

Yeah cant say that sounds like tons of fun..but atleast you got accepted

dopaminesurge said:
I'm interested... In response to something posted in this thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=289465&page=1&pp=25

Did anyone GET INTO UC Davis without filling in the optional section? Not interview, but get offered admission?

Hey, babe. I don't know if I filled out the optional section. I saved all my essay responses from when I applied, and if you care, I will dredge 'em up for you.

evade said:
Hey, babe. I don't know if I filled out the optional section. I saved all my essay responses from when I applied, and if you care, I will dredge 'em up for you.

Aww, it's so weird to have you respond to a thread of mine in SDN. Bah. Yes, I'll be home soon. We must get together, listen to VNV and cry.