To those with good grades, are you proud?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GallbLad

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, you shouldn't be. Unless you're part of the 5% of students who are innately smart, you just have more time than the other students to memorize trivial facts and rehearse trivial calculations in your classes. In general, most of what you have memorized is not pertinent to any real-life application.

You simply have parents funding you, so you don't have to worry about working; you simply are neurotic because of a superiority-complex, OCD, or the like; and you simply are more willing to undertake the dull aspects of college, while your peers are exploring what it is to live, because you're afraid of coming out of your shell.

In a society where it has never been easier to communicate interpersonally, travel and sight see, and lay way to one's visceral needs, you are stuck, withering away your limited time. What will be life like? 10 years from now, if you're lucky, when you finally start getting a salary?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Damn dude, did you fail an exam or something?

Reactions: 42 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My feelings are hurt :'(

Not.

I think it's time to realize we are just innately smart-ER than you.

On the real, though. Follow these steps:

1) Do better

That way you won't have to "bash" all of us people who "don't live."

I love you. WE ALL LOVE YOU.

Reactions: 6 users
I think it's time to realize we are just innately smart-ER than you.

On the real, though. Follow these steps:

1) Do better

That way you won't have to "bash" all of us people who "don't live."

I love you. WE ALL LOVE YOU.

Hey, you found the missing "er" from OP's username!

Lol great post OP. I mean, I had a 4.0, but still funny.

Reactions: 1 user
I just want to thank OP for typing this post out and hitting send. It's something I could never do.

PS I called for a cholecystectomy like 2 months ago and this patient has still somehow managed to elude surgery?

Reactions: 2 users
Jesus Christ, OP.

If your only explanation for the existence of people with good grades is that they must be introverts with terrible, lonely lives spent doing nothing but studying indoors, perhaps you need to tweak your study methods a bit rather than being so angry at some imaginary good student you've contrived.

In reality, we're introverts with terrible, lonely lives spent doing nothing but studying indoors AND playing video games. Get it right.

Reactions: 11 users
I love threads like these.

They give me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, you shouldn't be. Unless you're part of the 5% of students who are innately smart, you just have more time than the other students to memorize trivial facts and rehearse trivial calculations in your classes. In general, most of what you have memorized is not pertinent to any real-life application.

You simply have parents funding you, so you don't have to worry about working; you simply are neurotic because of a superiority-complex, OCD, or the like; and you simply are more willing to undertake the dull aspects of college, while your peers are exploring what it is to live, because you're afraid of coming out of your shell.

In a society where it has never been easier to communicate interpersonally, travel and sight see, and lay way to one's visceral needs, you are stuck, withering away your limited time. What will be life like? 10 years from now, if you're lucky, when you finally start getting a salary?
I bolded all your sweeping generalizations above. Not cool, man:nono:

Reactions: 1 users
OP:

gallbladderposter1_large.png

Reactions: 8 users
This makes me happy. There are actually people jealous of me

You simply have parents funding you, so you don't have to worry about working;

lolz at that.

Scholarships yo.

It's called Projection and you reek of it

It's really simple when you boil it down though.

1) Get A's.

2) Don't not get A's.

Reactions: 7 users
Haters gonn' hate.

Getting good grades isn't that difficult. You're not doing something right.

OP, why you so butthurt bro? I've met tons of extroverts who are not only better people than you but also way smarter than me, and I did fairly well in college. Go back to your bridge and study harder, and maybe you'll pass freshman bio lololol.

A) 5%? Where'd that figure come from?
B) Who are you to define "what it is to live?"
C) You're right, we do live in an age of technological sophistication (google: 'technological singularity'). When this time comes, we'll be enjoying all the state-of-the-art toys, gadgets, devices, and technology with our well-supported families while you're flippin' burgers. We'll see who feels more alive then, bigshot.
D) It's called foresight, and you don't have it.

Despite what you may believe, it's actually possible to live a social life and do well in school. Join a fraternity man, you won't regret it.

lolz if you're this frustrated with undergrad.. just quit now brah. undergrad is cake, its silly how easy they make it.

Study chapters 1,2,3,4

Test of chapters 1,2,3,4

No surprises

Well......I have Asian parents so it's impossible for me to be proud of my good grades.

They always want me to get 100's which is really hard to do.

OP has 2 friends and they're just more of acquaintances really

I'm not too proud. I have perfect grades but that's because:

1) One prof rounded my grade up for me after me asking him. He went through so many hoops to retroactively change my grade that I felt bad by the end of the whole ordeal.

2) One prof simply screwed up calculating my grade and gave me and A instead of a B. I had gotten flat Cs on both exams in the class.

I've gotten lucky twice. The first time is arguable ... if the prof decided to round me up then perhaps I deserved the A anyway. Now the second time is inexcusable ... I definitely didn't earn what I received so no, I'm not proud of my good (perfect) grades. Frankly my 4.0 should have met its demise a few semesters ago but I guess I'm the teflon don of undergrads.

Seriously though, studying is one of the better things you can do while on your parent's dime. There's a lot of other things we could be doing on our parent's dime ... studying is probably pretty high up on the "innocuous/possibly beneficial" list.

so you partied too much in undergrad, now you have a 2.3 and zero chance of getting accepted to a medical school...

Most should be proud because they earned those grades.

I agree with you a little, some of the premeds I know only work to have ec's. However, most premeds I've met are extroverted and have done more traveling than I have (I don't come from a family with money). They do not seem to be spending all their time studying. Some of their parents want them to work and they do not seem unprepared for the "real world". Well, maybe some because of age. Also, I believe there is a difference between being smart and intelligent.

If you do work because you have no other choice and do not have financial or emotional support from your family, you probably are upset all the time.
If I were you, I would learn how to not stress over money or about the hand you were dealt. Go out and meet people similar to you (since you dislike students who have financial support) to have some emotional support. Don't worry so much about others, just focus on you - your life and your grades. A's aren't hard to get. Although, when your mind is constantly preoccupied with thoughts of how much others have it better than you; other life circumstances, A's are hard to get. Trust me, I know. It does suck when others have options or you just feel like they have more options than you. It's probably just the emotional or mental part of doing it all on your own, rather than "having" to work that is bothering you. It's not a good feeling knowing in the back of your mind, there is no one to fall back on if things go wrong (financially) or just knowing no one can help alleviate your financial stress. I understand, but you seem to have the mentality of "why me?" You should be asking yourself "what can I do?", to get better grades, to make life better and to make sure one day you're funding your "neurotic" children in college... bragging about their grades :)

If you are innately "smart" you will soon realize working and going to school isn't so hard. Time management is important! Some students need the extra time to study and focus. Not everyone can work full-time or have multiple jobs and still earn A's. I get it, but you can figure out a way to only go to school. Loans, the military (gi bill), or take only 1 or 2 classes while working - figure it out. It may take years, but there are various ways to accomplish your goals.

And don't be so bitter! It's life, deal with it.

I thought you were tired of A's bro??
I mean, realistically, you can get away with getting "B"s. It's enough to still be within the average range for matriculants, and that's not even taking into consideration your extracurriculars or MCAT, which may still put you at an advantage.

There's so many medical schools, why stress over "A"s when you're bound to get into at least one?

Enjoy reading your textbooks late at night. I'll be hanging out with some friends, pursuing my hobbies and interests, and getting a GOOD night of sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.