To Tufts admittees/current students...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mattyplo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I don't know how many Tufts folks frequent this forum, but I figured I had to start somewhere... I've been accepted for the class of '09, and have begun (albeit a little early...) thinking about housing for this fall, so I'm hoping to connect with other '09ers, or even current students, who might be looking for roommates.

After a lot of thought on the matter, I've come to the decision that I want to buy a house, rather than rent an apartment. I'm looking for 2-4 folks who like the idea of living with other Tufts students in a house, rather than alone in an apartment. Look at it this way: you'll be living with people to study with, carpool with, and who are going through the same things as you, and you'll have a very lenient landlord (re: me) with no restrictions on pets and the like. I'm looking at places within 5-10 miles of campus, so pretty close too.

The setup will be virtually identical to a normal renting situation... Typical sort of rental agreement (and probably even negotiable for a 9-month term, so you won't be stuck for the summer if you don't think you'll want to stay in the area), competitive rent (the actual amount will depend on a lot of things, but will be at the very low end of rental costs I've found so far myself; and evenly split utilities), and such. For you, from a technical standpoint, it would be no different from renting; all the "risk" of actually owning a place would be on me.

For me to figure out if this will work, I need to find a few people who are seriously interested. I wouldn't ask for any sort of binding agreement until considerably closer to this fall, of course; I'm just hoping to find out if people would be interested, and we can go from there. If you're interested and want more details, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks!
~Mathew

Members don't see this ad.