To VR gods: spacing out remaining sources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futbol99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
VR is one of the sections I need to keep working hard until game day - May 31. I feel that I almost make those breakthroughs when I do consistent practice. I have been practicing for a long time, so I'm scared of running out. I haven't been consistent, so I need to change that. I have done many test conditions and taken many 1 hr tests for endurance.

In the remaining 8 weeks, should I be doing 1 hr practice (which will make me run out quick), or should I do 2-3 passages a day, and focus on mastering getting them right also under time limit (25 mins/ 3 passages).

The sources I have left are:
- EK 101 VR Tests 11 - 14 left,
- 1 Test in TPRH book
- 24 TPRH passages
- ~30 ICC's VR TPR
- Self-assessment AAMC's
- 18 online TPR passages
- Planning to buy 3 TBR FL's (when time comes)
- Many TPR FL's (3 cracking FL's, 5 TPR FL's)
- Bunch of Kaplan
- AAMC FL's (Starting them next month)

I need to practice VR everyday, and more importantly focus on my method, active reading, and doing well on each passage. I need advice with which sources are important to my growth and how many per day should I aim at? I'm really aiming at 9+, and currently I'm all over the place in score, mostly lower.

Thanks a lot for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in a similar situation as you in terms of verbal practice materials. I bought one of Testing Solutions verbal tests, and found it to be really good. It was hard, and pretty cheap. I bought it on Amazon...also, I found that TBR verbal material was great. You should buy their verbal book if you don't already have it. Its not as good as TPR, but still really useful.

Ok true, I never thought about those, I do have access to them.
what do you think about spacing out my resources until then? Have you thought about that? Spend 1 hr of passages or spend 25 mins worth but try to master my techniques? I feel both could be profitable, just not sure if I'm misguided!

Ok true, I never thought about those, I do have access to them.
what do you think about spacing out my resources until then? Have you thought about that? Spend 1 hr of passages or spend 25 mins worth but try to master my techniques? I feel both could be profitable, just not sure if I'm misguided!
try both, separately. one day do a full test. next day, break it up.
recommend that you save aamc VR material for last because as great as any prep company can be at verbal, they aren't going to be better than aamc.

Members don't see this ad :)
try both, separately. one day do a full test. next day, break it up.
recommend that you save aamc VR material for last because as great as any prep company can be at verbal, they aren't going to be better than aamc.

Very good point, thank you so much!
Out of the material I have, did you try most of them? Out of the ones you tried, do you recommend a specific order I should go about them (excluding AAMCs- those will come in the last month) From what I hear, EK 101 and TPRH are the best ones. Do I use these all up first till I get to my AAMCs?
Thanks

I did EK101 first, heard bad things about the last 4 tests so I skipped those.
Before AAMCs, I did TPRH: did 4 passages in 35 minutes first half of day, did 3 more in 25 minutes 2nd half of day; saved the tests to supplement GS tests bc their verbal is awful
The ICC passages are pretty good too but they are longer. Good practice but not very test-like?
I saved the AAMC SA for in between AAMC FL days. Did it in 3 sittings and did 40 questions in 58 minutes per sitting.