Today, we're all Hokies...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZpackSux

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
vtlu4.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Indeed we are....sadly & supportively....

My heart and prayers go out to the families of the victims. :( Such an unnecessary tragedy, it's impossible to grasp.

Members don't see this ad :)
Incomprehensible is almost all I can say. My thoughts are with all the families involved. The alleged prepetrator appears to have been extremely disturbed and I feel for his family who, according to The News Hour aired tonight has, "Gone into hiding."

I hope this is taken in spirit in which it's given, but turn your televisions off now. Mourning is not done as a spectator, but as a participant. Effect change in your communities and reach out to underserved populations (including the mentally ill). The students at VT died meaningless deaths. Don't let that stand.

Incomprehensible is almost all I can say. My thoughts are with all the families involved. The alleged prepetrator appears to have been extremely disturbed and I feel for his family who, according to The News Hour aired tonight has, "Gone into hiding."

I hope this is taken in spirit in which it's given, but turn your televisions off now. Mourning is not done as a spectator, but as a participant. Effect change in your communities and reach out to underserved populations (including the mentally ill). The students at VT died meaningless deaths. Don't let that stand.

Oh my gosh, how awful this must be for his family. Consider also the town of Centreville, VA.... one of the murdered girls was from there, as was the shooter.

How terribly, terribly tragic this whole thing is.

I like how they left out WVU, which, along with UVA, is the closest major University to VPI and one of our most hated rivals in athletics. I know multiple people that I went to high school with that were down there. It's kinda like a shooting at UCLA and you're going to USC. It's hitting a wee bit too close to home for comfort. Same type of town, same type of student body, same type of local pride, etc.

I will, however, still continue to hate and despise their football team. If I don't, the crazy Korean guy wins. Did anybody see his nutso multimedia package he mailed to NBC News in between shootings? Wowza...

Virginia Tech will always be my home.
Several of my friends lost friends and are grieving.
Reema and Maxine, I never knew you but feel like I almost do now - your friends loved you so much! Contemporary Dance Ensemble and TKD will miss you.

Below: VT drillfield and Burruss Hall

l_7badecbe1f3d0735b154bfba99a8ed2d.jpg

l_c0c43d180a6f3596b871391f4e2a9244.jpg