Today's the day!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

callmedocp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How's everybody feeling about their primary applications?!

Members don't see this ad.

Probably as good as its going to get. What time can we submit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I am 5 minutes late, will I ever get in?

No but seriously, what do you guys think is the last day the application can be submitted but still verified by July 1?

Submitted, but my status says "Waiting for Transcripts" even though all my transcripts are marked received
EDIT: N/m it updated to ready for review

Give it just a few minutes. Mine said the same thing, logged in and out a few times and it updated! Best of luck.

I am assuming you are being sarcastic, but all I did was supply an exact answer to your question.

I know. Appreciated it and I was just joking around :)

Reactions: 1 user
Guys I am 5 minutes late, will I ever get in?

No but seriously, what do you guys think is the last day the application can be submitted but still verified by July 1?
Last year's verification thread shows people who submitted by the 16th verified by July 1, those who submitted on the 17th verified July 2/3. Keep in mind, theirs opened a day later, if you want to be really picky about it (I'm neurotic, but not enough to dig that deep...yet!) :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
More applicants? Maybe. It will be interesting to see the metrics with the introduction of the 2015 MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
More applicants? Maybe. It will be interesting to see the metrics with the introduction of the 2015 MCAT.
Yeah, I thought they got slammed last year with people trying to avoid the new test. I wouldn't be surprised if people are waiting for the new MCAT to settle in before taking it now, too. Then again, there were all of those Aug-Jan takers (myself included) trying to snag the last 2014 exam slots who will want to use it quick before schools start switching, so :shrug:

Anyone else getting their own background check run? I haven't seen the price yet...if it's not too high I'll go for it, but otherwise I'll hope that if I had anything unexpected, it would have come up in the 3 hospital background checks I've had in the past 2yrs. :laugh:

They don't have enough spaces for my addresses, though...I'm thinking of stopping at high school, though, I'm fairly certain I committed no felonies as a small child. :rolleyes:

OMG! I'm only 90% complete!!

:bang:

I am assuming you are being sarcastic, but all I did was supply an exact answer to your question.

He was obviously being sarcastic lol.

Apparently some people are ALREADY verified?????!!!!

Apparently! Hey, someone's gotta be first, and what are the odds of it being a neurotic SDNer?
That's right, pretty high.

Has anyone else been having problems printing their application as a PDF? AMCAS keeps making me log out..

I felt nauseated rereading my personal statement for the 10^10th time, but so happy to click that submit button

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else been having problems printing their application as a PDF? AMCAS keeps making me log out..
Yeah, it's been weird.
For me, I click 'Print as PDF'.
The new tab/window opens, completely blank, doing nothing.
- Refresh that tab, and you should get the "This may take up to 2min" warning and it will work normally after that.
The old tab starts talking about an error and saying you need to log back into AMCAS
- Hit the back button...for me, hitting 'back' from the error page just put me back in the normal, functional application with no further issues. It's weird, because any other time you hit 'back' for AMCAS it throws a fit. :shrug:

Also, the background check turned out to be super expensive. Not sure it's worthwhile. All I'm really worried about is some speeding ticket popping up strangely or something. Do we get to see a copy of the official one when it goes out to the schools?

Yep, planning on it being verified for me later today since I have my transcripts in on time this year, but who knows. No big deal other than the continued anxiety that comes with this process.

How long after you turn in the primary until you start to receive secondaries? Do you have to wait until aamc verifies the primary?

How long after you turn in the primary until you start to receive secondaries? Do you have to wait until aamc verifies the primary?
Applications will not be forwarded to schools until they are verified.
Even verified applications will not be forwarded to schools until July 1.

Once the schools see your primary application, each will have a different policy for releasing secondaries and may take different amounts of time. Some do not screen at all and may send them immediately. Others may do extensive pre-screening and take a long time.

1. July 1st at the earliest
2. School dependent - For example, Tufts will send out secondaries as soon as they receive word you've listed them as an option. However, the majority of schools send secondaries only after receiving a verified primary (and will only have a full adcom review of your application after all LORs are collected).

...At least to my understanding...

@mehc012 is on point today... you guys better not re-order the verified thread! (ok...mayyyyybe I was thinking about re-ordering one or two entries upon my verification post...just to test your OCD)

@mehc012 is on point today... you guys better not re-order the verified thread! (ok...mayyyyybe I was thinking about re-ordering one or two entries upon my verification post...just to test your OCD)
I would have been very sad :(
lolol, but did you notice the person who went through and reordered them to be alphabetical within the timeslots?

I'm sad to say I did, and I applaud them! :claps:

I just want to get the format going early...it's fine for the first day, but after that it gets SO. HARD. to read if people don't format.

I know it makes absolutely no difference in my application since all schools see my AMCAS on July 1st, but it is hilarious how much I am logging in just to see if I am verified. The other thread shows that a lot of 9:31 submitters are verified, but it seems like they have not gotten to us 9:34's yet ;)

I know it makes absolutely no difference in my application since all schools see my AMCAS on July 1st, but it is hilarious how much I am logging in just to see if I am verified. The other thread shows that a lot of 9:31 submitters are verified, but it seems like they have not gotten to us 9:34's yet ;)
Not even the 9:32s! At this rate, they'll get through <5min worth of submissions in one day. Ah, well.

Not even the 9:32s! At this rate, they'll get through <5min worth of submissions in one day. Ah, well.

Don't you know, applications to med school went up by a magnitude of ten! The new golden rule is that submitting in the first minute is early, the first hour is on time, and anytime after June 2nd is late! ;)

Don't you know, applications to med school went up by a magnitude of ten! The new golden rule is that submitting in the first minute is early, the first hour is on time, and anytime after June 2nd is late! ;)
...shoulda had my CC number in the clipboard.
And curse my insistence on reading those pesky forms before I signed my name to them! :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Also, the background check turned out to be super expensive. Not sure it's worthwhile. All I'm really worried about is some speeding ticket popping up strangely or something. Do we get to see a copy of the official one when it goes out to the schools?

If you are accepted or waitlisted, you will receive notification about approving the background check via Certiphi. Once you submit the form, and after they complete the check, you will receive the results and have a few days to challenge the results or approve them, at which point it will be sent to the approved schools.

Speeding tickets will not be an issue.

If you are accepted or waitlisted, you will receive notification about approving the background check via Certiphi. Once you submit the form, and after they complete the check, you will receive the results and have a few days to challenge the results or approve them, at which point it will be sent to the approved schools.

Speeding tickets will not be an issue.
Cool, so it's not worth the extra $$$ to me.

I know that UVM includes speeding tickets in the questions on its secondary, and didn't want to end up in the whole 'I forgot that ticket' or 'I did not know that tickets were misdemeanors in that state' camp. There have been threads on here where people forgot to mention a ticket which turned out to be a misdemeanor in their state.

I'm also going to have to find out at some point whether you are required to report tickets which were erased in court (go to court and get a 'plea bargain' for a parking ticket) or by traffic school. What a pointless waste of everyone's effort...who cares about speeding tickets?

Cool, so it's not worth the extra $$$ to me.

I know that UVM includes speeding tickets in the questions on its secondary, and didn't want to end up in the whole 'I forgot that ticket' or 'I did not know that tickets were misdemeanors in that state' camp. There have been threads on here where people forgot to mention a ticket which turned out to be a misdemeanor in their state.

I'm also going to have to find out at some point whether you are required to report tickets which were erased in court (go to court and get a 'plea bargain' for a parking ticket) or by traffic school. What a pointless waste of everyone's effort...who cares about speeding tickets?

A secondary specifically asking about is different. You should most definitely declare it at that point.

That being said, unless you're doing felony speeding, I stand by my statement that it doesn't matter.

A secondary specifically asking about is different. You should most definitely declare it at that point.

That being said, unless you're doing felony speeding, I stand by my statement that it doesn't matter.
I concur that it doesn't matter...unless I forget to report it and it shows up on my check later. Then I look careless or dishonest (you should see some of the heat that got spewed at the OP of this thread). I wanted to make sure that I had another chance to see what pops up on my background check before the schools do, so I could 'come clean,' so to speak, and not end up in that guy's position.

Sounds like I do, so woot!

Ok.....

So if I submit tomorrow, I won't get verified until October.

:cryi:

Well there's always next year.

^ That was sarcasm BTW.

I'm honestly shocked that they have only gotten through the first 2 minutes today. This seems highly abnormal...

I'm honestly shocked that they have only gotten through the first 2 minutes today. This seems highly abnormal...
Well, also look at how many people have posted for those time slots...there was probably a HUGE SURGE of people going as soon as it opened. The rest of the day's timestamps are likely more random and spread out.

Well, also look at how many people have posted for those time slots...there was probably a HUGE SURGE of people going as soon as it opened. The rest of the day's timestamps are likely more random and spread out.

This is probably likely.

When are we given our official AMCAS cumulative and science GPAs? Is it after we get verified?

When are we given our official AMCAS cumulative and science GPAs? Is it after we get verified?
Yup. The empty grid in the pdf (If you printed it, you'll see what I'm talking about) will fill in.

True. It does make me wonder how many employees AMCAS has just verifying apps. Just a matter of curiosity, as my app is verified and I'm a panda so I have no impending death concerns.

True. It does make me wonder how many employees AMCAS has just verifying apps. Just a matter of curiosity, as my app is verified and I'm a panda so I have no impending death concerns.
I dunno, but mine just switched to 'Under Review' and it's 7:30pm over there, so they're definitely making a solid effort. Poor guys, I should have sent a cookie with my transcript.

I dunno, but mine just switched to 'Under Review' and it's 7:30pm over there, so they're definitely making a solid effort. Poor guys, I should have sent a cookie with my transcript.

:highfive: Only a matter of time now!