Today's the day!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:highfive: Only a matter of time now!
Not gonna lie, I'm mostly excited because it will give me an excuse to go in and fix the formatting in the Verification thread without looking quite as ridiculous as I actually am! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Not gonna lie, I'm mostly excited because it will give me an excuse to go in and fix the formatting in the Verification thread without looking quite as ridiculous as I actually am! :laugh:

IT HAS BEEN DRIVING ME NUTS. I am right there with you. I also appreciated the alphabetizing, as it seems you did :p

Reactions: 1 user
You know you are premed when you are freaking out about probably not submitting until 5pm tomorrow. How lazy am I!
But in all actuality, my advising office is being unkind today. They may have lost one of my letters. Freaking out. So yes, I am asking y'all. If they have confirmed that my transcript has been received, all they do is go over it and make sure I am not lying before it is verified? This is my first time applying and I really don't plan on applying next year so I want to make sure everything is as perfect as it can be this cycle. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You know you are premed when you are freaking out about probably not submitting until 5pm tomorrow. How lazy am I!
But in all actuality, my advising office is being unkind today. They may have lost one of my letters. Freaking out. So yes, I am asking y'all. If they have confirmed that my transcript has been received, all they do is go over it and make sure I am not lying before it is verified? This is my first time applying and I really don't plan on applying next year so I want to make sure everything is as perfect as it can be this cycle. :)

AMCAS will just verify the coursework, so if they have your transcripts, you are OK to submit when you feel ready. I would suggest that you do not assign that potentially lost letter to any schools before submitting because I don't think you can remove that after submission and you would need to contact the schools directly to let them know it will not be arriving.

My AMCAS processing was completed by 1pm MT, so it couldve been somewhat sooner. Says something about being available to my chosen schools.

Is this as far as I can go until secondaries are sent out?

Geez I feel a little like a slacker now lol. I'm planning to submit sometime in the next two weeks and thought I was way early!

So, question: am I correct in understanding that I won't enter the verification queue until all my transcripts are marked received. My final two transcripts weren't sent until last week and I'm assuming it will be a week or two until AMCAS marks them as received. Is there an advantage to submitting my application anyway, or should I just hang on to it until I get the "received" emails?

Thanks!

Am I actually at a disadvantage if I wait to submit until this Friday? I am still perfecting my PS and work and activities essays. I have just been so busy at my new job that I haven't really had a chance to give it my full attention.

My AMCAS processing was completed by 1pm MT, so it couldve been somewhat sooner. Says something about being available to my chosen schools.

Is this as far as I can go until secondaries are sent out?
Pretty much. You can probably find the secondary prompts from past years with some diligent searching on SDN...some people use the extra time after verification to prewrite those essays.

Geez I feel a little like a slacker now lol. I'm planning to submit sometime in the next two weeks and thought I was way early!

So, question: am I correct in understanding that I won't enter the verification queue until all my transcripts are marked received. My final two transcripts weren't sent until last week and I'm assuming it will be a week or two until AMCAS marks them as received. Is there an advantage to submitting my application anyway, or should I just hang on to it until I get the "received" emails?

Thanks!
No advantage to submitting before your transcripts are in...you don't enter the queue until you are marked 'Ready for Review', which requires transcripts.
And anytime in June/early July is early. It's just not SDN-early.
Anytime in the first half of June is functionally equivalent to submitting in the first minute, if verification times follow the same pattern as they have in past years.
Am I actually at a disadvantage if I wait to submit until this Friday? I am still perfecting my PS and work and activities essays. I have just been so busy at my new job that I haven't really had a chance to give it my full attention.
Your app will look identical as long as you submit in the next few weeks, and 'functionally equivalent' anytime in the next month or so. If it takes you until mid July to perfect your essays, wait until mid July. The miniscule benefits of applying 'early-early-early' vs only 'early-early' are not worth sacrificing quality.

The only good reason to submit on June 2 is if you are ready on June 2.
The real advantage to doing so is a full month where you are free from primary app tinkering/distractions where you can focus on prewriting secondaries.

Reactions: 1 user