Too late to apply DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DG51

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I applied to a few MD schools this cycle and the outlook is pretty bleak. I am a little unfamiliar with the DO application process and was wondering if it would be too late to submit my DO application this week. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you've got a good shot at it, especially if you apply to newer DO schools. What state are you from by chance?

How do you feel about applying early in this upcoming cycle to both MDs and DOs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing? I think, with your gpa, and above 31 MCAT score, you should have gotten some love. You should try to figure out why not. Your LoR? Your personal statement? Any holes in your story? that is, did you also do research, shadow, volunteer, show leadership? I don't know about DO applications (you can get that info on their websites), but definitely look at your application to figure out why no response.

It's getting late but I think you still have time. At worst case, you might be interviewing for a seat on a wait list. I estimate that it you submit app right now, it would take 6 weeks to get II, and then another 4+ weeks for the interview itself.

You're not alone. We see tons of good applicants around March/Apr when they (like you) realize they're not getting into an MD school.

Hey everybody, I applied to a few MD schools this cycle and the outlook is pretty bleak. I am a little unfamiliar with the DO application process and was wondering if it would be too late to submit my DO application this week. Thanks!