Too late to apply for SGU and AUC January Class 2015??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drb2b

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to apply for the jan classes for both sgu and auc, but I am not going to re-take my mcat until oct or nov. So my application will not be complete until the end of November or early December. Is this cutting it too close for the Jan class?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can't speak to AUC, but SGU will take students up until a week after the term begins, assuming there are spots available. While this usually isn't the case for the August term, the January term has historically been much smaller, so your chances of sneaking in late in the game are reasonable. That being said, it's much better to delay a few months and do well on the MCAT and be prepared going into the first term. Basic Sciences tend to hit the ground running, and it's not something you want to feel rushed into when you're trying to navigate a new country and a whole new academic experience. I would recommend that you be in close contact with your admissions counselor if you go this route, make sure that you're proactive in getting documentation/preparations done. Call or email about your application every week. Be flexible and be prepared to get called for an interview on short notice. Depending on where you are geographically, you may have to travel a couple of hours to do your interview.