Too late too apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adzam

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the dat and was wondering if is too late to apply(AADSAS).....?

Members don't see this ad.

It's never too late. Did you do well on DAT? If your GPA >3.3
and DAT> 18, You still have a good shot. All the best friend..

GPA 3.1 science GPA 2.7

aa 19
PA 16
QR 17
RC 22
BIO 21
gc 18
OC 19
TS 19

Members don't see this ad :)
HMM that's a tough one. I'd probaly say still apply but you must realize that your chances now have minimized not only by your GPA (2.7 is kind of low) but also by time. If you apply now schools will probaly get your application no sooner than in 6 weeks. At that point thay had many intervews so your chances are not so good. However, I do not want to discourage you, very often i hear of stories of people getting in who applied really late and had similiar stats. What you need to consider is what will you loose by applying now and if not are you going to apply next year? What will improve? DAT scores? GPA improvement in a year does not seem realistic to me. But Good luck to you and look up some of the statistics from previous years on this site and contact some of the members that had semiliar situations.

Best of Luck

I think you should apply. If you do not get in, re-take DAT
after solid preparation, do a lot of shadowing and volunteer
work, and make your case solid. Your 2.7 GPA might hurt you
this time but if you improve DAT (>20), you will have a good shot.
All the best.

Man, yours is a tough case. Your GPA is low, but your DAT is pretty decent.

If you have the time and money, then go ahead and apply this year. IF you do this, then PLEASE do some good research on the schools.

If you are lacking in funds, then take the remainder of the year and prep yourself to be a better applicant.

Good luck.

I appreciate the honesty and def don't want any punches held back...Which schools do you guys think will consider my numbers?

Word of advice.

If you are using the list posted by Vishal, please keep in mind that two of those schools with lower requirements (Howard and Merry) are affirmative action schools. Unless you are a minority, your chances of being accepted are not that great, even though your stats are relatively competitive.

Originally posted by Adzam
I appreciate the honesty and def don't want any punches held back...Which schools do you guys think will consider my numbers?

Knowing your state is the most important thing right now. What state are you from?

Yes, do not apply to ANY state schools unless you are a state resident. So do your research and figure out which of the schools are state schools. And schools that you may have a decent shot at off the top of my head are NYU, BU, Nova, Temple, and I cant think of anymore.

just apply. Even if you don't get in this year, it might give you an edge when you apply next year, as long as you do something to something to make you a stronger applicant during that year.

No chance at UNC applying this late, their last interview is in January, then they decide the class and waiting list. There's no way that your application is going to get a look this late in the game with a 2.7, but I may be wrong. I would take some more classes, work on your GPA because your DAT scores are good. You could have a shot next year if you apply early because they do love residents!:clap:

You could also try this year at some of the private schools mentioned: BU, Nova, NYU, Case and you might have an outside shot.

Personally, I can't imagine going through this process twice. I would work hard, double down for next year and you should be able to get in somewhere if you want it bad enough. Good luck.

Hey-

I have the exact same stats/dat as you practically..
i submitted aadsas august 28th
took the DAT september 22
and i think all recommendations/fees got to the schools first week of October..

I havent heard a thing from anywhere, aside from some follow up forms and acknowledgments..

But not interviews :(

I applied to NYU, BU, Temple, Tufts, UD-Mercy...

Soo..looking at me, it looks like I am not doing too hot since I dont have any interviews yet, so I dont know how you will fare if you apply even later.

But then..there are always some amazing stories. You never know what they might see in you...

Hope this helps-

and also I am NC also...

I would say slim to non chance at UNC ( though there are miracles ;) ) I didnt even send them my stuff, I thought it was a waste of money. I have friends here in NC with much much higher stats who STILL havent had interview calls, and who submitted months ago....

they have also had a change in administration though..with Dr.Brunson gone, and a new Dean of Admissions...maybe some policy might change...keep praying !

:)

if your a disadvantaged minority though....then they want u pretty bad...so you should apply...they might give u a shot.

i was told at UCONN that they put a lot of emphasis on the SCI score.
your score of 19 and BIO 21 may get you some love from UCONN.

i wish you and all of us the best of luck!