too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prankster

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am an osteopathic med student applying for EM, but have lately been regretting not applying for a combined IM/EM program. Is it too late to send in an application? Also, I have interviews at two EM programs that also have combined residency....would it be ok to ask if I can send in an application for their combined residency if they would consider interviewing me for that instead? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Mention it before you go, I.E. shoot the EM department an email stating that you would also like to be considered for the combined program, or find out who the program director is for the primary care program that is combined with the EM program and email them. Tell them you are interviewing with the EM department, and would like to meet with them on that day. If they are not dead set at this point with who they are taking, they may accomidate you. My only advice is to come up with a reason for wanting to do the combined program. If it is to increase your chances of matching to EM, that's not gonna fly and probably will be held against you.