Took DAT today! My chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctoob

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Took my DAT today.
PA 21
QR 14
RC 18
Bio 20
Gen Chem 19
O Chem 20
Total science 19
Acadamic Avg. 18

what are my chances? My gpa is 3.3 science, overall 3.2. I am applying to 21 schools tonight? should I take the exam again? I applied last year with lower scores in Sepetember and didnt get even one call for an interview. Please help... I am so confused. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

That's a tough call you have a kind of low GPA and a kind of low AA for you DAT. Do you have really good LOR, EC, upward trend or are you URM. Sorry I cant offer any solid advice....if it was me, which I have none of the previously mentioned attributes, I would consider a retake.

What ever you choose good luck this cycle

Last edited:
Math isn't your thing, huh? You improved on everything but dropped a point in math. The good news is that QR is low in the totem pole. But I don't know if 18/19/21 is enough to hide that.

What else has changed on your app since last cycle? Applying before September is a plus.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you improve in each DAT section?
I am not sure but even though dental schools care less QR scores, 14 is way lower than the cutline score which is I believe 17 in many schools. And you don't have any impressing section and your gpa is considered low...
do you have any other things that make you competitive other than the DAT and gpa?

You are prob in the same shoes as me.
I already applied early in June and am in first batch with similar DAT as yours

AA:21
TS:22
PA:19
Bio: 21
GC: 21
OC: 25
RC: 15
QC: 22

Masters in Biomedical Sciences: 3.86
Low Undergrad GPA around 3.0

BUT hey! Let's :xf:

anthony you are in good shape

To the other guy

I highly suggest you retake the DAT. Your GPA is on the lower side. I would aim for a 20 or above to make up for your lower GPA.

I had slightly better stats than you last cycle and only received two interviews. Retake and destory the dat and anything under a 21 AA will hold you back.

You are prob in the same shoes as me.
I already applied early in June and am in first batch with similar DAT as yours

AA:21
TS:22
PA:19
Bio: 21
GC: 21
OC: 25
RC: 15
QC: 22

Masters in Biomedical Sciences: 3.86
Low Undergrad GPA around 3.0

BUT hey! Let's :xf:

Omg Anthony, you're just like me esp on RC (16). My AA is 20 and TS is 21. sGPA is 3.3. I didn't do masters so I don't even know if I even have a chance.