Took MCAT 3 times. Can I get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acho

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the MCAT 3 times. (PS/VR/BS)-5/5/6=16,7/5/7=19, and 12/8/10=30 is the most recent. The first two times I took it luck was not on my side. Had alot of family and personal issues

cGPA-3.8
sGPA-3.85

Good LORs but decent ECs-around 1500 hours of volunteering at a homecare, 100 hours of shadowing and half a year of research. That's all I have nothing else.

Im thinking about applying next cycle. What are my chances if I apply this cycle or next cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That improvement is massive! Congratulations. Applying MD now is pretty late, though. Put together a strong PS, informative EC summaries, and apply early next cycle. Your chances look good :thumbup:

Took the MCAT 3 times. (PS/VR/BS)-5/5/6=16,7/5/7=19, and 12/8/10=30 is the most recent. The first two times I took it luck was not on my side. Had alot of family and personal issues

cGPA-3.8
sGPA-3.85

Good LORs but decent ECs-around 1500 hours of volunteering at a homecare, 100 hours of shadowing and half a year of research. That's all I have nothing else.

Im thinking about applying next cycle. What are my chances if I apply this cycle or next cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hate to bring this thread back alive, but would you mind sharing how you restudied your retake the 3rd try?