Took my DAT in Nov 2014 - will I have to re-take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaken not stirred

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DAT in Nov 2014.
Do you think the score will still be valid for the upcoming cycle?
Most schools say that scores are good for 2 years, but what do they mean by that? (e.g., do they mean 2 years from the date of application submission or 2 years from the date of interview?)

Members don't see this ad.

I would think it would be from the date of your submission. Just ask a school or two to see what the general consensus is. Good scores by the way!

most schools will be okay with a Nov 2014 DAT for this cycle. it will be expired for next cycle at some schools though.

I took the DAT on Dec 2013 for the 2015 application cycle. All schools were okay except for one state school.
They made an exception for my DAT score because it was 1 month off of their expiration date.

To be completely sure, you can contact the schools or get the ADEA Official Guide

Members don't see this ad :)
It's 2 years from the cycle, according to what I've read. You'll be fine!

Nice scores by the way!

Check with UOP (if you plan on applying there)! I think you are fine, though, but I remember them having a more strict window where your DAT is considered 'valid.'