Took Naplex last week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vytorin2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I tool the naplex last week and OMG i Passed!!!!:banana:just got my license this morning...finally I can have a life!!

This was my second time round and it WAS definately more difficult before the suspension. They missed out a lot of major topics but the ones they did..they asked the hell out of.

Definatley know your calulations..i had about 40% calculations.

* ad removed by moderator*

good luck to all

Members don't see this ad.

Well I tool the naplex last week and OMG i Passed!!!!:banana:just got my license this morning...finally I can have a life!!

This was my second time round and it WAS definately more difficult before the suspension. They missed out a lot of major topics but the ones they did..they asked the hell out of.

Definatley know your calulations..i had about 40% calculations.

I use the Apha, Shargel, A& L, Manon shroff as my notes. as each covered what the other did not. I am now selling them at a very cheap price..just send me a private e-mail for prices.

good luck to all

Hi,
Congratulations!!!
I am taking my exam in end of November. Can you please tell us what types of questions you were asked in this new exam.
What you think was major difference between the exams before and after suspension.
Your out put will definatelly help the people preparing for the new format.

Again Congrats....

Thank you.

Hey there,

The majority of the exam was patient profiles. I did not get that many k-type questions ..thansk goodness!!!. But the options were not straight forward..you really ahd the think which was the best answer..they would have 2-3 right answers but the wording was weird so you just had to the choose the best one..that was the mian difference from the 1st time arround..which was straight forward 1+1=2. but not this one. I suppose thats why they call it psychometric testing..it reallymade you think.

hope this helps

Hi Vytorin2007,

Just wondering how much you are selling the books you used to study for the board. I might be interested in buying them! thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take to get your results and what state are you in? Mine seems to be taking forever to get here!

Hello Guys!!
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!! to all who passed

Share your test taking and prep expirience and also give us tips tips on prepration for naplex (like which books,which topics to stress on..)

Hello Guys!!
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!! to all who passed

Share your test taking and prep expirience and also give us tips tips on prepration for naplex (like which books,which topics to stress on..)

I only used the APhA book and found that sufficient review. A lot of it is common sense and a solid education from pharmacy school. Having worked as a pharm tech is also good prep. The calculations were very straightforward. I had a variety of topics, but nothing too in-depth. Some crazy things I hadn't heard of. Know your brand/generic, MOA, and ADR.

vytorin when did you take the naplex?
i want to know the approximate number of days to wait after taking the exam before they post my license number if i pass the exam...