Took Naplex .... math wasn't fun.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmaster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So today was my turn and this is how I felt:

1. Many 'easy' questions on moa, appropriate drug use, etc. I hope I wasn't getting easy questions because I wasn't doing well...for many I knew the answers before even looking at the choices available so I felt good about those.

2. I had a few questions that dealt with things I had never seen before so I just had to guess. Some of these were compounding questions and some not very well known side effects of drugs, interactions, etc :scared:

3. MATH: I knew there would be a lot of math because of what people on here had said before and I tried preparing for it but I'm just not very good at it. When I felt like I was spending way too much time on a problem I just guessed and moved on....and unfortunately I would get another difficult math problem....which made me think I was getting them back to back because I wasn't answering them correctly :(

I had very easy math questions too and I know I got those right...but I worry about the ones I missed. I just couldn't sit there trying to solve a problem knowing that I could run out of time.

My advice:
Know your brand/generics, formulations, moa, big interactions, etc.
Practice math ...organize yourself so that you know what you are looking for before starting to calculate anything out.

I'll get my results probably by Tuesday so I'll post again soon. It'll be a long weekend! This whole thing has been so stressful.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't despair. I took my NAPLEX on Tues 7/26 and I found out I passed on 7/28. I also felt the math had some very challenging questions on it and I would say about 25% of the math I felt I had no clue. All in all my exam was very random and hard. Very few MOA and brand/generic questions but many complicated patient profiles. I also felt that the exam hit very hard on random obscure disease states and drug facts for drugs that were definitely not in top 200. My only guess is that I got those questions because I was doing well on the easier ones so it's a sign that I was doing well or those were the random test questions that were not score.

So, I feel your pain and I'm sure you did fine and passed. I know people in years past said how easy the NAPLEX was but I know for me I did not feel it was a "minimum competency test" ...just my 2 cents

AHHHH!!!!! I can't take it anymore!

I have MPJE next week and all I can do is think about how many questions I missed on NAPLEX (especially math!!)

PLEASE PLEASE LET ME PASS!

My math was haaaaaard too! (took mine on 7/26) I had a lot of fill-in-the-blanks and some I didn't even know what was being asked. Argh... I can't wait till my score comes out. Those of you that are able to check your scores online in 2-3 days are lucky!

Members don't see this ad :)
I PASSED!!
Apparently you can miss many questions and still PASS with a good score!!!

Congradulations!!! I'm happy that you passed, each person that has anxiety before/after the test and still passes gives me more hope for my test.

BTW, what did you mean by compounding questions? Such as diluent compatibility or something else?

Guys don't worry, I was so scared and passed...you will too! they apparently let you miss MANY questions and pass.

For compounding maybe look at what agents are used as antioxidants, suspending agents, thickeners, etc. You might also be asked how much of ingredient x do you need to make x number of capsules. Thats all I can say without giving more detail than I should.