Took the MCAT 3/24...what now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jp6285

TCOM 2017
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Other than taking a few days to breathe, what do I need to do know? Maybe start working on a personal statement and continue volunteering/shadowing? Can I start working on my tdmsas app yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe start working on what you'll say in your PS. Keep up the shadowing. TMDSAS doesn't open until May 1st.

First off, take a couple weeks to relax! You deserve it! The two biggest holdups in applying are transcripts and letters of rec. To that end you want to start working on these early, make a list of all schools you will need transcripts from, most common apps have a transcript request form that links to your app so you probably can't submit it early but make sure you have all the ifno you need to request and make sure all your bills are paid etc so the school doesn't hold up your transcript.

Next, create an interfolio account and start contacting you letter writers, they can upload your recs directly to interfolio (pick the option where you do not have read access). Once uploaded to interfolio you can send them directly to the schools you are applying to, do this as soon as you submit your common application.

Other than that do your PS, make a list of all clinical and volunteer experience and other EC's so that you can just copy/past into the application. Remember to spell check everything!

If you know what schools you are going to apply to, you can go to their School-Specific Threads under pre-allopathic and take a look at the secondary essays and start writing them. They don't change much from year to year.

I strongly recommend the Interfolio / pester your LOR writers action item too. That can be a time consuming process that depends on the speediness of others, so best to get that ball rolling sooner rather than later.